So annoyed-training loans advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if i'm posting in the right thread so apologies if i'm not! I'm so annoyed and upset with myself! I've done a few home learn courses with essential nails and although i have learnt things i still feel like i don't know what i'm doing! I'm nowhere near confident enough to even practice on people let alone charge them! I've spent about £1,500 on training courses alone and a further £500 stocking up on nail polishes and products etc. I'm really really determined to do the CND Complete course as nails are my passion and i really want to do well in this industry! The only problem i've got is money! Its £2,000 to do the course and it's going to take me about 2 years to save up as i can only afford to save about £100 a month if that. I'm in the process of moving house, me and my partner have both got credit cards to pay off etc.. I'm not entitled to anything from the jobcentre and i read on the princes trust website i can only get up to £500! Does anyone know where i can get a loan or any help towards the cost? I'm not wanting something for nothing i would be more than willing to pay it back i just really don't want to wait 2 years till i can do the training! :( xx

Deja vu !! I am in exactly the same boat as you. Doing the en course don't feel confident in it and its going to take me 2 years to save up for cnd too. Feel sorry for us lol. Sorry i can't help but i would love to know the answer too x

Deja vu !! I am in exactly the same boat as you. Doing the en course don't feel confident in it and its going to take me 2 years to save up for cnd too. Feel sorry for us lol. Sorry i can't help but i would love to know the answer too x

I thought the en course sounded amazing when i first did it! I had a 6 month old baby and i was a single parent so it was the easy option! I paid about £20 a month and i could do it when baby was in bed! When i think i've spent £2000 on it and thats what i need for the cnd course i've just wasted it all! lol xx

If it takes 2 years to save the money up to be properly trained then so be it.

You both have a great resource here on SG , read everything you can on here whilst you are saving to do your training and it will really stand to you.

Good luck

Ask your bank about career development loans?

Wy does it need to be the Complete Course?
CND do have other courses, and you could break it down, doing L&P or whatever first, use it to boost your earning power then move on to whatever system/Course you want to learn next.
You could also look into a Training Courses with other companies like Harmony and Young Nails or Crystal nails, as they all have good classroom based training which is obviously what you need now to boost your confidence and skills.

Perhaps you could tell us what you're struggling with and the products you're using, and lets see if we can help, regardless of nail system used Salon Geek is a great place to learn, we can't help with self esteem/confidence issues but let it be known we've all been in your shoes at some point when we first started out (hugs) xx

Wy does it need to be the Complete Course?
CND do have other courses, and you could break it down, doing L&P or whatever first, use it to boost your earning power then move on to whatever system/Course you want to learn next.
You could also look into a Training Courses with other companies like Harmony and Young Nails or Crystal nails, as they all have good classroom based training which is obviously what you need now to boost your confidence and skills.

I did think about doing them seperately but even just l&p is nearly £1000 so i thought it would make sense to do the complete course as in the long run i would be saving a lot of money rather than do them all seperate x

I agree on doing separate courses, and I would start with a gel polish course, they are very in at the moment and easier than enhancements so you old build up few paying in clients and with what you make it could go towards another course and you will start building up from there :) this is what I am doing x

I agree on doing separate courses, and I would start with a gel polish course, they are very in at the moment and easier than enhancements so you old build up few paying in clients and with what you make it could go towards another course and you will start building up from there :) this is what I am doing x

It would cost about £1000 more to do the courses seperate so i'm not going to benefit in the long run x

If you have spent so much with Essential Nails then I would guess you have just done too much training, moving on before mastering one skill, if you know what I mean. This is a common problem with beginners, especially when training like this as you have no one with you to point out easier ways and where you are going wrong.

If you are set on doing the CND course then that should be your long term goal but in the meantime take a breath! There are a lot of videos on different sites to help you. Take a look at the Young Nails site and Greg Salo's videos, they are really easy to follow and you may pick something up there that helps you. There are tutorials on here too.

If you have the passion you will not be able to keep it under wraps for 2 years so you need to have a source of information that will keep you going. Also you could review the products you are using as they might not be the best either, ring around and get some samples and see what you think.

Work on creating the perfect nail first before going on to fancy stuff, another big mistake made by newbies, that way you will always have a good foundation when you move on to more creative stuff! :wink2:

If you have spent so much with Essential Nails then I would guess you have just done too much training, moving on before mastering one skill, if you know what I mean. This is a common problem with beginners, especially when training like this as you have no one with you to point out easier ways and where you are going wrong.

If you are set on doing the CND course then that should be your long term goal but in the meantime take a breath! There are a lot of videos on different sites to help you. Take a look at the Young Nails site and Greg Salo's videos, they are really easy to follow and you may pick something up there that helps you. There are tutorials on here too.

If you have the passion you will not be able to keep it under wraps for 2 years so you need to have a source of information that will keep you going. Also you could review the products you are using as they might not be the best either, ring around and get some samples and see what you think.

Work on creating the perfect nail first before going on to fancy stuff, another big mistake made by newbies, that way you will always have a good foundation when you move on to more creative stuff! :wink2:

I want to do it from scratch so i know the basics. I've only done the mani/pedi course i'm halfway through acrylics but can't see me finishing it. The mani/pedi one has been ok but still don't feel like i know what im doing :( x

this is one of my biggest frustrations! alot of newbies out there are opting for courses such as you have done and have ended up feeling the same as you. Home learn courses in nails are no good as you really need the practical help from a tutor to SHOW YOU where you are going wrong otherwise you pick up bad habits and then it takes even longer to master nails.

I think you should save up and do the cnd course as it will be so worth it but 2 years to save sounds alot! maybe think about doing a course somewhere else for now just to see what an educator thinks of your work? maybe even a CND educator who will then point you in the right direction for you. That would probably be themost cost effective way to be honest because until someone sees your work its very hard to say what direction you should go in xx

2 years is too long to wait. I would recommend doing a college course. Maybe an nvq in nails or separate courses for each treatment. After this you could move on to do cnd conversion courses once youre earning money from using another product.

I did college followed by some cnd courses afterwards :)

this is one of my biggest frustrations! alot of newbies out there are opting for courses such as you have done and have ended up feeling the same as you. Home learn courses in nails are no good as you really need the practical help from a tutor to SHOW YOU where you are going wrong otherwise you pick up bad habits and then it takes even longer to master nails.

I think you should save up and do the cnd course as it will be so worth it but 2 years to save sounds alot! maybe think about doing a course somewhere else for now just to see what an educator thinks of your work? maybe even a CND educator who will then point you in the right direction for you. That would probably be themost cost effective way to be honest because until someone sees your work its very hard to say what direction you should go in xx

I know its a long time, i can only save about £100 a month :( the next course near to me starts in september so i'm thinking of borrowing the money off my dad and paying him back. I really want to do well and just feel completely stuck! :( xx

2 years is too long to wait. I would recommend doing a college course. Maybe an nvq in nails or separate courses for each treatment. After this you could move on to do cnd conversion courses once youre earning money from using another product.

I did college followed by some cnd courses afterwards :)

My local college don't do a nails course i'd have to do a beauty course which is 3 years long and i only want to do nails, plus there's childcare issues and i don't want to do it 5 days a week when i'm going to be learning things i don't want to learn xx

I know its a long time, i can only save about £100 a month :( the next course near to me starts in september so i'm thinking of borrowing the money off my dad and paying him back. I really want to do well and just feel completely stuck! :( xx

i understand hun, i have been there....ive paid good money for not so good training and ive done the nvq in nails which again didnt fill me with confidence. I have now worked my way through CND courses up to Master level and inbetween had 6 hours 121 with my CND educator which i got so much out of. Give sweet squared a call and see what they advise hun xx

i understand hun, i have been there....ive paid good money for not so good training and ive done the nvq in nails which again didnt fill me with confidence. I have now worked my way through CND courses up to Master level and inbetween had 6 hours 121 with my CND educator which i got so much out of. Give sweet squared a call and see what they advise hun xx

I've thought about all types of nail courses and where to do them and i've decided i'm definately going to go with cnd. I'm sick of wasting money on rubbish courses and products and i'd rather spend it on proper training. Thank you i'll give them a call :) xx

P.S congrats on passing the master courses :) x

Just rang sweet squared and she advised to do the complete course, i mentioned i've done home learn courses but want to start from scratch and she ssaid it would be best to do the complete if i want to do everything as i will be saving a lot of money in the long run. Got until september to find £2000 wish me luck! lol xx

Latest posts

Back