So annoyed with my tanning training!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty_

Reaction score
I am so annoyed! i finally went on my spray tan training last night and i was soooo disapointed! the machine and solution are great, love these but my issue was the actual training and the trainer. I wont say who or where but just wanted some advice on what i should do? I'm not one for complaining especially in a room full of other people who seemed to be perfectly happy. first of all it was a cramped room with 4 other trainees, the trainer did not check that we could all see etc. she sprayed one person and then just let us get on with it. nobody got any constructive feedback, if we did it wrong, she just corrected it by finishing off the spraying herself. she dispearred for nearly half an hour and we were just left there waiting. kept getting interupted and didnt go through everything. maintenance of the gun and cleaning was shown once very quickly and sh didnt show how to put the cubicle down because she couldnt do it!!!! has anyone else come across this? what did you do? should i contact their head office and say something.. i dont want to go on the training again because i had to travel 2 hours to get there in the first place. feel so annoyed :irked:

If your spending good money you expect to get good training.Theres no point in getting half a*sed training and then going out and making a mess of clients tans! Go back and ask the other trainees how they feel about the course. Also dont be afraid to ask the trainer any questions you have.She is supposed to be educating you! If its a case that you still feel its not good enough, then i would def get in touch with the head office. HTHs

If your spending good money you expect to get good training.Theres no point in getting half a*sed training and then going out and making a mess of clients tans! Go back and ask the other trainees how they feel about the course. Also dont be afraid to ask the trainer any questions you have.She is supposed to be educating you! If its a case that you still feel its not good enough, then i would def get in touch with the head office. HTHs
i second that !! :irked::irked: maybe they havent audited the trainer for a while and her standards have dropped a little

Definitely contact head office,
any good company would want to know if any of their trainers standards are slipping as this makes the whole company look bad, hth

Definitely contact head office,
any good company would want to know if any of their trainers standards are slipping as this makes the whole company look bad, hth

I totally agree with Lou, I would be devastated if a student of ours was unhappy with their training, in any way!

However, we need to know that there is a problem before we can take steps to fix it, I don't know who your training was with but please contact their HO so that they are aware there could be a problem and, more importantly for you, they can take steps to make things right for your future as a spray-tanner....that's what their ultimate goal must be surely?

thanks for your comments everyone, will call them monday morning and give them some feedback x

I did my training with Nouva and it was a great experiance i wasnt rushed I practised 3 times on girls and steve lol !!
i was nervous at first on paying customers but ive done loads now the course was supposed to be 4 hours but it lasted more like 6
I dont think there could be a better trainer than dawn i ring her all the time and she s always there for advice ime so sory you had a bad experiance
i wold love to know if it was with a big company because i think they dont care !! the smaller ones really value your custom and always anser the phone to you :hug:

i wold love to know if it was with a big company because i think they dont care !! the smaller ones really value your custom and always anser the phone to you :hug:

I'm sorry but I personally disagree with this comment, although I wonder what qualifies as a "big company"

I trained with tantrick, my training was 1 to 1 with 3 models and I can contact either my trainer or HO at anytime for advice. Both Louise and Collin are on here daily also giving unbiased advice to other tanners who are not their customers......I cannot rate their service highly enough.
I also know from my personal experience with Fingertips (who are one of the sienna x training academies) that their advice is always forthcoming....and not just to sell you something as I am not a tanning customer of theirs, yet have still had advice from the team there.

I really think it is unfair to tar all "big companies" with the same brush.

head office, call them and give them a full explanation of what made you unhappy, and how you want them to fix it. they need to know that you are not happy and that you expected more from them.

best of luck and hope it is sorted out to your satisfaction.

tigi
xx

I just wanted to give a mention to Nouvatan and Tantrick tanning, both of whom have offered me free training if I have any problems in the future. A lovely gesture, a big thank you to you both and if anyone else out there is looking to train for tanning, check those 2 out first as their customer service is obviously the upmost importance.. thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back