So confused about intimate waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks! I have been doing advanced waxing for a while now and I am so confused by the whole Brazillian/Hollywood thing!!
So as far as I am aware, a Hollywood is taking EVERYTHING off- front and back. Correct?

It's when I get to my Brazillians that I get a bit unsure. I am taking most of the hair off but leaving a line of hair from the top of the vagina all the way down the labia and round the back.
Apparently this is how my other therapist did it before she left. However, I thought that a Brazillian was leaving a thin strip of hair from the pubic bone down to the beginning of the vagina and then removing everything else front and back. Could someone help me out? KIM??!!! Lol! Xxx

I have not studied advance waxing but your question sent me to google and wiki seems to answer your question. It seems we are all a bit confused as to what is what so make sure you consult with you client before proceeding :D

Bikini waxing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BRAZILIAN WAXING
The BASIC INSTINCT £15
A quick, gentle, two side panel wax in the
knickerline and crease of leg

The HIGH TIDE £20
Two side panels going in narrow, the top of pubic line & underneath

The G STRING (not quite a Brazilian) £30
high sides, top, butt crack (leaves hair over labia but takes it in narrow)

The BRAZILIAN £40
butt crack, inner/outer labia, landing strip left on pubic mound, buttocks if needed

The HOLLYWOOD £40
completely bare - a thorough wax that removes everything from back to front
butt crack-inner, outer labia, all pubic hair,
buttocks if needed

Va Jazzle £50
Hollywood, all off with Bikini Gems
for fun only as they last just 1 to 2 days

The IBIZA £20
butt crack only-feels amazing and so feminine!

The DUBAI £20
buttocks only

The EGYPTIAN £30
butt crack & buttocks

These are Kim's rules of waxing the ladies.....hope it helps....she has a fab way of explaining her waxing technique x

I think people get confused because people have different ideas about what's what.
What one place calls a brazilian, another place may call it an extended bikini.
For a hollywood I remove everything front and back.
For a brazilian I do the same but leave a landing strip on the pubic mound.
I always check with new clients that they understand exactly what I will be removing.
I have had occasions where a client has booked in for a brazilian but when I've checked with them, it turns out that they actually only wanted an extended bikini!

Even with mens waxing its often the same ; a BSC for some areas includes the whole back for some its just the small of the back.. As Angelina said these waxing treatments vary from therapist to therapist and Its often easier to give your own unique name to each treatment and just have a clear description of whats included so your client knows exactly what they are booking and what they require.

Yes i agree it varies from salon to salon but normally always a Hollywood is understood to be everything from front and back and Brazilian is similar except a small strip is left on the pubic mound. Sometimes this is refered to as a landing strip. Always consult with client first to ensure they fully understand themselves what to expect that way that way youll never go wrong. Hope this helps and good luck. xx

Latest posts

Back