So upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NABA79

Reaction score
Last week i started renting a table in a salon i did 4 days, but only got 3 clients, which didnt really bother me, as i know it will be hard to build up a client base:). Anyway i went in today to have my hair done and the owner said she wanted a word. Once i had half my head in foils she said that the nails i had done had all come off and she thought it best i dont go back:cry:. The thing is a know for a fact at least one set is still on and the client is very happy with them, and that other set was picked off as the client told me this.
Im just upset as i dont think that they have come off she has just decided she dosnt want me in the shop for whatever reason
Just wanted to have a moan:cry: Thanks for taking the time to read this:cry:

I think you are best out of there from what you have said. It's unfair of her to have done that in the public area of the salon, and without discussing it with you first. You're the nail professional, not her, and if she was concerned she should have told you her concerns and given you a chance to respond to them rather than just telling you not to go back.

Really sorry to hear it hasnt worked out, have a look around and see if you can rent some space elsewhere, failing that maybe do some mobile work for a while?

aww bless you...try not to let it get to you. She obviously wasnt prepared to support you in your new job so you are probably are better off out of it. Pick yourself up and try for somewhere better.
xx

I agree with Chelle...if the woman had a problem with you she could have told you in private. That was totally unprofessional of her. You are best out of it because if she is like this and you have worked their 3 days, what would she have been like if you worked their longer.

Last week i started renting a table in a salon i did 4 days, but only got 3 clients, which didnt really bother me, as i know it will be hard to build up a client base:). Anyway i went in today to have my hair done and the owner said she wanted a word. Once i had half my head in foils she said that the nails i had done had all come off and she thought it best i dont go back:cry:. The thing is a know for a fact at least one set is still on and the client is very happy with them, and that other set was picked off as the client told me this.
Im just upset as i dont think that they have come off she has just decided she dosnt want me in the shop for whatever reason
Don't take it to heart, though that is easy for someone else to say. The boss was heartless and your better off without her and her salon. Ive done level 2 nail services and about to do level 3 in the same. I notice you have done both so already I respect you and I just know if you have these quals you are a good nail tech!!! Head up high girl and look forward not back!!

Soooo unfair thats not the way business works but she obviously does not know what she is loosing keep your head up and take it proudly past her when you are raking in the business she looses but letting you go !!!

you don' need that and if she was like that after a fewdays you are better off out, take yous skills somewhere else and cheer up hun :hug:

My grandma used to say: Whenever God closes the door, he will open the window.

And that's true.
Even if you feel bad right now (because no one is quite immune when something like that strikes), you'll see that something better will come your way.

This is not a religious lecture :green: I'm just saying, move on, have confidence in yourself and you'll get your client base :hug:

I am so sorry to hear that, I think it was very unfair of her to spring that on you, especially when you hadn't even finished having your hair done.

If it were me I would be inclined to ask exactly what the nature of the complaints were. However I realise that you are upset and probably don't want to see the woman again.

Keep your chin up, dust yourself down and go out there and prove her wrong hun. :hug:

i was in a similar position last week, it was my first week renting a table in a hairdressers & i done two sets of nails.both clients were happy with the results but the next day my first lady rang up saying her nails had all fell off and were lifting.when she came into the salon for a removal she had filled them down and tried to reshape them.i removed them free & gave her a refund.this has completely knocked my confidence, especially as it is the first time that happened,my clients nails usualy stay on for a good while! i explained all to the manager because the client was a regular. luckily he was understanding and is even sending me on an advanced nail course. i think you will be better off out of there,find somewere that values your skills & acts in a professional mannor.
good luck!!

Did she mean nails you had done on her, or another client?

I'm very sorry to hear this but perhaps like has been said, cut your losses, another opportunity will come your way. :hug:

Did she mean nails you had done on her, or another client?

I'm very sorry to hear this but perhaps like has been said, cut your losses, another opportunity will come your way. :hug:

On all 3 clients:cry:

Thanks for the comments guys:hug:
I have done 2 sets tonight on friends to see how they get on with them, so i can see if i am doing something wrong or not:)

Latest posts

Back