so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
I do, its the only thing that keeps me sane.

well i gave up smoking back in april and i havent looked back, i feel so much better, just had my first cold/flu since stopping smoking, and boy do i feel the difference, where as before i wouldnt be able to breath as my chest would be all blocked up etc, well this time i havent had that and it feels so much better, im 34 and had been smoking since i was 16 and was totally fed up of the coughing every morning when i got up, so me and my other half desided to go see them at new leaf and went on the patches, it was hard at first as we was both put thru S**T the first few weeks, my fella had to represent himself in court as his own barrister as legal aid wouldnt do it, he won his case so that was even better, the house was cleaned from top to bottom in the first couple of weeks and just decorated the house with the money we have saved, my kids helped us as well by threatening us if we did smoke they was going to whip us with the riding crop lol, so it can be done if that is what you want to do but for if you want to smoke then thats fine, it doesnt bother me either way, i stopped smoking but would never put any pressure on others to do the same...Lucylou

I dont smoke, but my husband does and I hate it but hey its his choice.

I do think though that when you are working closely with clients and smoke its not very nice for the client. I have been to several salons in the past and had treatments from therapists/nail techs who smoke and its not nice, you can smell it on their skin and breath. I have always mentioned it to the owner of the salon as I think it can stop clients from returning for treatments.

Lord, this has been a popular thread!! Havent read all replies, so apols for any duplication, but I just wanted to say that I hate doing a smokers nails. I used to smoke so i know that you really cant smell it on yourself, but smokers hands really stink, their nails are discoloured, and if I'm brutally honest, they're the ones with the worst breath.

I know you cant tell them, for one you'd never see them again, but they genuinely dont know they smell so bad!

i smoke but have cut down alot lately had my tonsils out last month so had to stop for a bit

dont blame ya - i dont smoke around jack - i go outside (and its my house - but he shouldnt have to inhale that muck)

i gave up about 20 years ago for 3 months and put 3 stone on - so i started smoking again

Did you know that you are still breathing out the chemicals (sorry my spelling is rubbish) for about an hour after you smoke a ciggy - so you are still breathing them on your baby whether you smoke in front of them or not!

Latest posts

Back