so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
I went through the usual teenage trying it out stage. Then when I was 19, I used to smoke socially. But I didnt go out every week at all.
Since the age of 23, havent touched one. I hate the smell, dont even crave one when I'm pissed anymore!
BF smokes, but only outside. NOT IN THE HOUSE!
But his car stinks and is covered in fag ash!:eek: :lol:

I personally dont think its convenient to smoke anymore. I feel sorry for people addicted to smoking when the government are doing their best to ban it everywhere!

My hubby and I both quit for about a year then stupidly went back to it last year. I hate to admit it but I do enjoy smoking. I really should try and quit again because my dad died 6 months ago from lung cancer, smoked for over 50 years. He was only 66 and in this day and age, that's young. You thought that would be a wake up call for me, but it is sooo hard to quit.

5 days clean, somebody gimme a bloody fag :grr: :)

You are doing soooooo well.....don't give up now :hug:

My mum is in her 5th week of giving up and she is 62 and been a smoker for around 45 years!!!! And was on at least 20 a day.....if she san do it anyone can.
xxx

so how many of us geeks smoke - dare i say that i do - so be truthfull with this one

Gave up 5 months 5 days ago, that was how I was able to pay for my nails which got me interested in doing the course which is how I ended up here.
It was soooooooooooooo hard

Given up so many times and tried all methods patches, puffer, hypno, lozenge, zyban- had hypno 8 week ago, put nearly 1 stone on already!!!! been smoking again for about a week. Gonna try again soon. It is so hard giving up and I really dont want to be smoker. As they say, never quit quitting.

Guilty, i'm the same as many others on here, gave up for a while and started again. Keep kicking myself, just don't feel ready to give up, i'll know when.

I smoke between 10 - 20 a day, depending on how busy i am and if i've had a glass of wine well double it and in the morning i sound like Barry White, very attractive.

Teri x

omg I'm surprised how many of you smoke, thought I was going to be the only one lol! Of course I only do it coz it stops my hands from shaking before i do l&p Lol!:lol:

Igave up smoking 4 years ago with no probs at all, didnt put weight on either phew....

nowadays i just look at my step dad to see what smoking does to you... he is now on oxygen and it is piped all over the house. cant have a heart and lung transplant as the operation would probably kill him:cry:

debbie x x

thank you without sounding obsessed a book was all it took Allen Carr "Easyway to stop smoking" and to be honest it was! hubby gave up at the same time. I had given up before, twice for nearly a year each time, and other times for a few weeks, but now I genuinely don't think I will smoke again. Never say never but my head is in a completely different place about it now.

It's a fab book and worked for me. Until I got a call from the hospital saying my Dad's cancer had spread to his lungs and he only had a few days left. :cry: Automatically lit one of my hubby's without thinking! How's that for irony?:sad: This was back in 2004. Dad was so proud I'd stopped as well. Am starting the Allen Carr book again.

I smoke have done for years I gave up for 3 years when my mum was diagnosed with cancer, (hence to say she carried on smoking!!) then one stupid day on a intoxicated day :lol: (if you know what i mean) had a couple off puffs with friends that went to - oh just one with my cuppa - oh just one after my dinner - Favourite one might add - and you smokers know how the rest of the story goes...... it is a disgusting habit but still i find myself saying oh next month I WILL GIVE UP....... know seriously i will, lol

Great to see that there are a lot of us who don;t smoke.:)

Hey Carl did you manage to quit? Been 6 months ish now!

By the way, have any of you seen those new adverts?? With the fishing hook? (probably not in Australia)
At first I thought they were a bit severe but now...
Haha, they make me laugh! :lol:

I have been cutting down and only smoke between 2-5 a day. I am aiming to stop by my birthday in march.

Im an ex smoker, I started when I was 11 and gave up the day we found out I was pregnant with out 1st baby. I was a heavy smoker aswell and sometimes smoked up to 60 a day!!!!
I have never gone back to it and I dont miss it at all. I find the smell repulsive. My Mum smokes and she stinks!! lol!!!

I do think and hope that it will become so 'un-cool' to smoke, that my childrens generation will not smoke......thats what I hope anyway! xx

I votes between 10/20 but i would say more about 10ish x

Hands up between 5-10 a day.

Tried about 6 times to give up and the longest I did it for was 12months (when I got pregnant). No I wasn't pregnant for 12 months:lol: just realised what that sounded like!:lol: :lol:

You can do it Carl!!!:lol: Remember the ads that say you are smoking TOILET CLEANER!! AND ACCETONE!!! YUCK LOO CLEANER

dosn't that ad put you off smoking

Oh ye I don't smoke

don't smoke at all, never have and never will

cannot stand it

i think smoking in all public places should be banned

the two women i work with take a 15-20 min fag break 4-5 times a day!

i do not smoke, i absolutely hate it! I got few clients that come in and I don't look forward to it coz i know their guna come in stinking of fags, which I think is really inconsiderate, considering I've gotta sit opposite them from 15mins - 1hr 30mins!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back