Soak off clips, any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss-32

Reaction score
Have any of you Gel polish users come across these? Just wondering if they are any good for removal, just thinking they would help with keeping foil in place? But wondering if they are uncomfortable for the client?
Thanks
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1411985447047.jpg
    1411985447047.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 843
I've just ordered these so will let you know how they are when they arrive

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just ordered something similar from SS however they were a lot more expensive than that! I'm hoping they work well feel a bit let down re the remover pads.

Ah thanks Lucyboo that'll be great; yes ive just spotted the clips you are talking about that SS Will be selling, gotta say I'm a bit shocked at the price, they have a bit of padding and the tension is adjustable but they are after all just 10 plastic clips! :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone tried the ones sold at Bio Sculpture ?

Am I right in thinking the pro tip clips need no foil? These could be great if they are effective. Kinda wishing I bought them at the show now 😔

ladies there is another thread discussing Protip Clips ... use the search option above you should find it its fairly recent

kx

Anyone have a link for any of these? Can't find them on eBay at all

Anyone have a link for any of these? Can't find them on eBay at all

If you type in "soak off clips" tons pop up when I put in pro tip clips I got nothing. They are cheap enough to give them a try. :)

If you type in "soak off clips" tons pop up when I put in pro tip clips I got nothing. They are cheap enough to give them a try. :)

I tried typing everything in but no way would they come up, found them now by following the link posted above

They are terrible for fingers!
You get only two sizes: 8 small and 2 large clips in a package that are really too big for women's hands. I prefer to use squares of cotton pads cut to size to avoid wasting remover and these clips will not stay put unless I use a piece of foil to shim. If I were to soak a whole cotton ball in remover, it would fit okay but then I would use 3 times as much remover! They seem to work okay for feet though and better than trying to wrap tin foil in between toes.
I don't know about the $50 brands but the cheap $10 ones were a waste of my money. They are the the exact same style pictured above. I prefer using foil any day for the best fit, less evaporation, less wastage and besides, it's just one more item to clean, sanitize and clutter up your workstation.
Photos: The finger with no polish is my "pointer", the one with polish is my "pinkie" and of course, you can tell which is my thumb.

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 401
I find the pro tip clips great for hands though I initially had problems with pedicures as narrow feet means the clips are crowded. However, starting at the little toe and working towards the big toe makes it a lot easier. Still prefer the CND wraps but as they're no longer available I've had to move on!

They are terrible for fingers!
You get only two sizes: 8 small and 2 large clips in a package that are really too big for women's hands. I prefer to use squares of cotton pads cut to size to avoid wasting remover and these clips will not stay put unless I use a piece of foil to shim. If I were to soak a whole cotton ball in remover, it would fit okay but then I would use 3 times as much remover! They seem to work okay for feet though and better than trying to wrap tin foil in between toes.
I don't know about the $50 brands but the cheap $10 ones were a waste of my money. They are the the exact same style pictured above. I prefer using foil any day for the best fit, less evaporation, less wastage and besides, it's just one more item to clean, sanitize and clutter up your workstation.
Photos: The finger with no polish is my "pointer", the one with polish is my "pinkie" and of course, you can tell which is my thumb.

Those clips look completely different to the pro tips, I can see why they don't work well. The pro tips actually push down on the cotton like a peg

I ordered these clips one day before the Protips were released. I ordered those too so both should be arriving soon. I will post here once I try them out.

Those clips look completely different to the pro tips, I can see why they don't work well. The pro tips actually push down on the cotton like a peg

Perhaps I will try the Pro Tip Clips... Love the idea but what I have is a poor design for a great product.

My Ebay clips finally came in. There are horrible. Do not waste your money. They are way too big! If you put a cotton ball under and close it, they do not close tight enough. The ProTip Clips are infinitely better and worth the higher price. If you buy these cheaper clips, they might work if you put an elastic band around them snugly. They are pretty cheaply made so they will probably not last long.

Latest posts

Back