Soak off Gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terri29

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have very recently qualified and want to invest in a good soak off gel, there are so so so many to choose from I dont know which to go for!! Any advice??? I am going to excel on Sunday and can't wait will go round them all to see which I like, how much money roughly do u think I will need to take to get a enough colours and base coat etc to start me off??? X

I would suggest you do a search for some of the popular ones, there are dozens upon dozens of threads discussing their individual merits.

Then I would try the ones you are keen on at Excel, and find out more about them before making your mind up.

All systems have different start up costs, but in my opinion, the most important investment you will need to make is your lamp! Don't save pennies on your lamp- always use whichever one is recommended for the system. ( again, a search will find you HUNDREDS of threads regarding the correct LED/UV lamp argument)

I personally use Shellac and love it for the attractive selling points: flawless wear for 2 weeks if you look after it, hundreds of layering options, and no buffing of the natural nail.

While not a gel, but a power polish, it really is a great product in the soak off category.

Thankyou Fee.x

If I were you, I wouldn't plan on spending any money on a gel polish system until you have tried a few yourself.

Last year at Excel, I went with naked nails and had 7 different products applied. I drew a picture of my hands on a piece of paper and scribbled the brand applied on each finger. I made notes while each nail was being applied (including timing, prep, colour range).

I kept them all on for two weeks and removed them myself and made notes of shine, wear, ease of removal etc. From that, I made a decision on which system I would use. I then did the relevant training.

In the end, I don't think I really considered price that much, it was more about finding a product I liked and had the confidence in to sell to my clients and increase my business.

For me personally, I made the right decision. The investment paid for itself within weeks and continues to have a massive impact on my business. I chose Nubar Gelicure as my favourite and months later added Gelish (my second favourite) for more colour choice.

Last edited:
If I were you, I wouldn't plan on spending any money on a gel polish system until you have tried a few yourself.

Last year at Excel, I went with naked nails and had 7 different products applied. I drew a picture of my hands on a piece of paper and scribbled the brand applied on each finger. I made notes while each nail was being applied (including timing, prep, colour range).

I kept them all on for two weeks and removed them myself and made notes of shine, wear, ease of removal etc. From that, I made a decision on which system I would use. I then did the relevant training.

In the end, I don't think I really considered price that much, it was more about finding a product I liked and had the confidence in to sell to my clients and increase my business.

For me personally, I made the right decision. The investment paid for itself within weeks and continues to have a massive impact on my business. I chose Nubar Gelicure as my favourite and months later added Gelish (my second favourite) for more colour choice.
Which one was your favourite after your test?x

Thanku juicy Lucy, I too am thinking of going for nubar gelicure then adding some gelish colour later, I was just thinking I might get a better deal at excel??x

Nubar are doing a deal on Gelicure at the show I believe!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hey salj sounds great!! Any idea how much roughly? I just wanna make sure I take enough £££! x

Hey salj sounds great!! Any idea how much roughly? I just wanna make sure I take enough £££! x
I don't know it doesn't say. On the PB website it says you get a free Gelicure workshop with the purchase of a minimum 12 piece starter kit.

I'm pretty sure you can find training / kit costs on Nubar's website if you have a look.

It's worth looking here to see the other show offers, as there's other systems running offers too: Professional Beauty

Latest posts

Back