Soak Off Gels and Babies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
A number of my clients about to have babies and they have been told not to wear nail polish as it can chip and babies could swallow it if the mother put her finger in the babies mouth.
Would it be suitable to offer them soak off gels as many still want to have nice nails? I use OPI Axxium Soak Off Lacquer?
Apologies if this has already been asked, I could not find a thread on it.
Thank you,
Claire xxx

Are they all first time mums? Lol soz talk about OTT !

What ever next? Mums advised to wear velcoro clothes and not alowed buttons? Lol

If anything they shuldnt be putting there fingers in the kids mouths lol

With my 1st I had polish
2nd normal enhancements
the 3d I was wearing stilletos !

They all have there eyes still .

advice against wearing nail polish is over the top I think !

a soak off gel could peel off and a bit could go into the babies mouth (worse than polish probably thinking about it!)

How often do you go poking around in a babies mouth in any case?

Gina x

Thank you both so much - I do not have children yet so have no idea!!

It is all their firsts, so probably being over cautious...Once one has them done I am sure the rest will follow, I will talk to them :)

Thank you xxx

If a mother intends on breastfeeding her baby, then putting her finger in her baby's mouth will be quite necessary, actually! A little finger gently inserted into the corner of baby's mouth is quite often the only way to get them to let go!! :lol:

If a mother intends on breastfeeding her baby, then putting her finger in her baby's mouth will be quite necessary, actually! A little finger gently inserted into the corner of baby's mouth is quite often the only way to get them to let go!! :lol:

SHELLAC IS ALL IVE GOT TO SAY
no chipping
no peeling
no problems at all

theres ya answer.

problem solved
:hug:

Very over cautious!!!

I'm a mum of 2 little ones (both breastfed if it matters :lol:) and while i have had the odd occasion to have to put my finger in their mouth, (usually to remove some object that they've put it there that they shouldnt have!) i've never lost any nail varnish! :green:

And, without sounding like a terrible mother, would it be that much of a terrible thing if they did? One of my sons is like a dustbin, he'll try and put anything in his mouth, dirt, sand, dog food etc. A mm of nail varnish is the least of my worries!!! :lol:

Very over cautious!!!

I'm a mum of 2 little ones (both breastfed if it matters :lol:) and while i have had the odd occasion to have to put my finger in their mouth, (usually to remove some object that they've put it there that they shouldnt have!) i've never lost any nail varnish! :green:

And, without sounding like a terrible mother, would it be that much of a terrible thing if they did? One of my sons is like a dustbin, he'll try and put anything in his mouth, dirt, sand, dog food etc. A mm of nail varnish is the least of my worries!!! :lol:

haha i love it!!

I breast fed all of mine , so not speeking from a position of ignorance I just found they let go when they wear done lol
I guess that I just wanted to underline that people can be very OTT about the info new mums are given.
when pregnant and breast feeding I found that my nails wear longer and stronger than before .and grew at 2 XS the speed ,
I thought it was also a well spread bit of advice for first time mums to pamper them selfs a little getting there hair and nails done.as when pregnant and after the body changes so much .

of corse I think a little commen scence always goes along way if the nails are chiped and flakey then you wouldnt put them in anyones mouth would you ?

The mums could always wear gloves....:lol:

What's a bit of varnish compared with all the bacteria on their fingers.

Hey Guys,
A number of my clients about to have babies and they have been told not to wear nail polish as it can chip and babies could swallow it if the mother put her finger in the babies mouth.
Would it be suitable to offer them soak off gels as many still want to have nice nails? I use OPI Axxium Soak Off Lacquer?

SHELLAC IS ALL IVE GOT TO SAY
no chipping
no peeling
no problems at all

theres ya answer.

problem solved
:hug:

The OP uses OPI Axxium Gel Lacquer which has the qualities listed above so it's safe to say she doesn't need to invest in a whole new product line to do these ladies nails :).

Axxium Soak Off will be a fab option for new mums as it more hard wearing than nail polish but is instantly dry, very similar to Shellac/Gelish/Geleration/etc......

Hth's

Thank you for this, it is really helpful to know that there the gels are an option if they are bring over cautious. I guess I may just ask them to ask their midwives and see what they say if they are still worried.
I will let you know how it goes!
Thanks again! Claire xxx

You could always do the babies toes & start a new trend!!!!!!

I see someone painted their dogs claws on the cover of Scratch mag.

Dear Lord

Whatever next.......... As if being a first time mummy isnt stressful enough! Luckily by the time you get to baby four you relax a bit......

I have four, number two ate woodlice if she could get her hands on them ( she used to go into the porch and look for them)

Number three would eat ANYTHING at all that came her way and I was always fishing stuff out of her mouth.

Number four, now he ate cat food at 7 months (disgusting little monkey) and stuck smarties up his nose 2 months ago....

I really think a bit of varnish is nothing!

OneTOne of mine once had a nappy full of glitter! Wasn't from my nails though he had been licking the christmass decorations!

Latest posts

Back