Soak off gels/polishes...doubts about the investment in colors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
I just had a few thoughts on this and was wondering if anyone had the same thoughts or if they can enlighten me a bit more...

I think that the idea of shellac and gelish is a great addition to the nailindustry. It´s super thin, flexible and holds up incredibly well.
BUT... there is such an array of colours available, and i just started to wonder if that is all really neceseary? I´ve been sporting a transparent layer of this on my nails,really thin and hardly noticable and been putting different colors of polish on them which hold increadebly good aswell. On top of that i can still change the color if i´m tired of it whenever i feel like.
So my question is... why would i want to invest in all the array of colors?
I just want to make clear that i don´t want to break the products down cause i really like them and think they are a terrific, but just wondered if anyone else has thought about this or if anyone can give me some good arguments?

What you are saying does make sense to a certain extent.

But do you not damage the base layer when removing your polish colour?

One of the great marketing points of the gel polishes is that they are dry when the client leaves the salon not no chips, dings, smudges etc when getting in the car.

You dont have to buy all of the colours at once. You know your clients and what their tastes are - if you mainly do French for example then only buy the Cream Puff and Negligee and offer just French to start with. See how it goes with minimum investment and then add as and when.

Thx for answering,

When i remove it with an acetone-free remover it doesnt damage the material since it is still as glossy underneath.

I did forget the fast-dry benefit though. That´s indeed the main difference. How do you feel that it is working with your customers?

I just started this thread to help me a bit in my decision.

What you are saying does make sense to a certain extent.

But do you not damage the base layer when removing your polish colour?

One of the great marketing points of the gel polishes is that they are dry when the client leaves the salon not no chips, dings, smudges etc when getting in the car.

You dont have to buy all of the colours at once. You know your clients and what their tastes are - if you mainly do French for example then only buy the Cream Puff and Negligee and offer just French to start with. See how it goes with minimum investment and then add as and when.

I dont have many customers but I gave them a free try of Shellac to see for themselves its benefits and they have all come back after two weeks and are now happy to pay for it.

One of my ladies would not even let me varnish her nails as she couldnt get to her car without issues LOL.

She now has worked her way through most of the colours and loves them, especially the strong ones and no issues!

I agree with absolutely everything Fiona has said.

Yes you can use it as a base and put polish on top of it but you then lose the point that they are dry immediately and the clients can leave the salon and do whatever they want to do.

Big thing is that pedicures will increase in the Winter months. A lot of clients don't have pedicures in the Winter due to having to wear flip flops or something similar on the way home. Now they can put their socks and boots on straight away!!

Lots of new clients who just couldn't make it without smudging before the polish set are now able to have their nails beautifully painted. We can also suggest this treatment to a client who has maybe come for something else and would not normally have time for the polish to dry before a night out or whatever!!

Great business opportunity!! :D

all of the above plus a varnish never lasts more than 3 or 4 days before tip wear.its amazing to have 14 days wear

Latest posts

Back