Soaking off???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I was trained to soak off acrylics by placing fingers in the 5-hole trays (I have curved ones-hope everyone knows what I mean), but I have read numerous threads and people mention different methods.
What is the quickest-if any-and what is the tinfoil/cotton wool method?
Thanks

My clients love the tin foil method as they can relax their hands and don't have to sit still lol,
i cut my lint free squares into 4, one piece for each nail, put remover on the lint free wipe, place onto nail and wrap in tin foil,
do this for all nails, and after about 15 Min's take one finger out of the foil and remove the product, if there is still some on there just wrap back up and go on to the next nail and so on,
buff the shine off your enhancements first though hth :hug:

i prefer the curve bowl method just seems to work for me and my clients done seem to mind either they find it comfortable so thats good enough for me hehe

I use the soak off trays, but they look like mini eggs boxes with 6 holes, not sure why they have 6 holes ??? I put lots of cuticle oil on the skin around the cuticle area first, then buff the nails, then I place the soak off trays in plastic trays with hot water in, ( like the ones you get chinese take away in) the heat from the hot water speed up the process and makes the acetone much more effective. hope this helps:)

I've had various degress of success with the foil method, but get on best and usually quickest with a specially designed soak off bowl. You fill it with warm water, like a flask, and then pour the acetone into the hollowed out little bowls on the top. Works a treat! :)

If someone is booked in for a soak off then I use the foil method....takes wee bit longer but is a lot kinder to the nails, and the length of time is irrespective as i plan it in the diary. However, if, I need to soak off one or two nails as part of a repair, and replace them, I tend to use either finger dippers or bowls, where the nai is immersed in the soak off solution. I find it a bit quicker, albeit it does use considerbaly more product....the reason i won't do it for all ten if it can be helped!

^I have these dippers too, and I think within 2 months I used half a bottle of nail remover, whereas I'd keep one for a year with the foil method :| not that of a big deal because it goes quicker, but just a fact!

My clients love the tin foil method as they can relax their hands and don't have to sit still lol,
i cut my lint free squares into 4, one piece for each nail, put remover on the lint free wipe, place onto nail and wrap in tin foil,
do this for all nails, and after about 15 Min's take one finger out of the foil and remove the product, if there is still some on there just wrap back up and go on to the next nail and so on,
buff the shine off your enhancements first though hth :hug:

This is what i do, i much prefer it.

IMO i find it quicker and also like that only the nail is exposed to the product remover.

^I have these dippers too, and I think within 2 months I used half a bottle of nail remover, whereas I'd keep one for a year with the foil method :| not that of a big deal because it goes quicker, but just a fact!

My nail reemover has gone quick using the soak method - think I may try the foil method next time.

Latest posts

Back