Solar Oil 68ml - problem with dropper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

Iv been having a problem with the dropper in my bottle, it's come loose and keeps threatening to fall out!

Well I keep pushing back into the black squeezy part but it keeps working its way loose.

Well today it's officially dropped out and now stuck in the bottle. The neck of the bottle is too small to be able to use tweezers, and even if I could they would slip!

I don't to buy a new bottle as I have plenty, and don't want to be spending if I don't need to. Can anyone suggest anything -
A) To get it out without loosing all the oil
B) no somewhere I can buy a new dropper to fit? Already asked S2 and they said they don't do spares.

Thanks everyone x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383776401.403658.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383776401.403658.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 291
I had the same problem and all is not lost. My husband used his pointy nosed pliers (i'm sure there is a technical term!) to get the tube out of the bottle (boiled first and sanitized). He then pushed it back into the squeezy black lid. It happened a few times until I started putting the lid on more gently. Hope that helps x

Mine did this too! I did manage to get mine out, now how did I do it *thinking* Oh, I used some nail art tweezers, the ones with the bend at the point of them, they were thin enough to get in the hole. Also managed to use a small, thin orangewood stick too.

Daft question, but have you tried tilting the bottle on it's side to see if it will nudge the dropper to one side so you can get your nail or something just under the rim of the dropper?

In the end my dropper stayed in the black part, but I soon bought another bottle and switched the droppers over - I was coming to the bottom of the bottle anyway.

Ok ladies thanks for your advice. As silly as it sounds I haven't tried tilting it, will def try it, maybe that will give me a better grasp with a pair of tweezers x

Hi, We are having the same problem, must be a faulty batch.
We put tweezers or scissors inside the dropper that has fallen into the bottle, open them until they grip. Then gently pull out. Hth
:D

This happened to mine a few months back, someone else made a thread a while ago about it and one if the answers was that the oil perishes the rubber around the dropper after a while. Good thing I kept the brush lid lol.

This keeps happening to mine too! With being mobile it's not good when the lid keeps coming off - ended up with solar oil all over my bag so it's now in a plastic bag to help protect my stuff, need to hunt out the spare brush lid!

I've had this trouble for years, I bought a new bottle but its done the same! So now I've given up and just use the brush, its not as good but better than keep fishing the tube out.

Karaxxx

I only ever use the brush ... Always have. I prefer it. I have loads of unused droppers!! Lol

Happened to me to but it didnt fall in, maybe you could use the long pointy tweezers, wrap a tiny piece of dbl sided sticky tape on the tip for more grip. or could you drain the oil into something else till you can get it out, by shaking it.
Ive used the brush ever since.

Happens to me all the time, I just used my probe tool to fish it out.

I brought a new bottle too and swapped the droppers over and it happened again.

Am now thinking of using the brush.

H xx

This happened to my first ever 68ml, so I keep the brush so that I can use that when it happens to this bottle. It started with popping out and then it just completely perished. I thought it was me in that I don't work full time and that if I had got through the bottle more quickly it wouldn't have happened, but now I can see that it wasn't and it's just one of those things.

Yep the droppers do this to me too..someone told me it's from fastening the bottle too tight but you don't want to risk oil leaking do you! I prefer dropper to brush on clients so just keep fishing it out and pushing it back in..annoying! Maybe CND could sort this as it happens to many of us

Most of time the reason for this is your oily hands! Yep.
The oil actually effects the rubber, negatively
Make sure you are not using your oil rubbing it in and then picking the dropper up again with oily fingers.
This used to happen to me but a CND education ambassador years ago gave me this tip and Ive been using the same bottles for a few years now, just topping it up with refill. Write to your supplier, they may be able to help you with a dropper.
Cait x

This also happened to my very first bottle and I went to Boots chemist and bought an ear dropper. Was only about 79p and it fits perfect on my bottle and I have refilled it loads of times with solar oil and the dropper is still ok after about 18 months :) x

Latest posts

Back