sooo angry!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

dont know if any of you remember my post a few weeks back. i work in a salon but i am self employed so i rent the space from her, i do lashes nails minx and tans .. the woman who owns the shop had a spare room and wanted to rent it to someone who done massages so i would be able to do the beauty and she would do more theripys, then it was she was allowed to do everything but eyelashes and then it was that she can just do everything i can do and all the theripys so we have had arguments etc about this.. i was on here the last time askin what i could bring into the salon that she cant do, just something extra with lashes or nails n stuff.. so we came up with diamontes on the lashes for xmas and new yr. SOOOO she got her prices lists and i got my flyers a week later and i put the lashes with the diamontes on them and now she has stolen my idea and is now going to be doing them but on the skin as eyeliner which kind entails what i was going to do plus stick a few on the lashes .. so now she can do all that and more of what i have came up with :mad: sooo annoying. never mind the fact that everytime a HAIR client walks in the door before i get to even say hi she is already running over with her book of lashes and her prices lists so then its daft me doing it.

also i feel like she is the one that is like super beautician and i am only a wee apprentice.. the woman who owns the salon sucks up to her something awful and she could say if you kept your head under water for 10 mins your lashes would grow and she would believe her ..ITS THAT BAD!! anything i say or do its like oh well maybe you should ask *the newgirl* she has more experiance blah blahblah!!

any ideas on what i can do? i am hopefully leavin after new yr as i cannot take much more so need to find something new.. but i am sooo annoyed.

here is the link so my last rant lol

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/123710-bringing-new-things-into-salon-2.html

x

Last edited:
Bless ya, you really are having a tough time with it arn't you. Make it your new years resolution to find somewhere else to work, where your efforts will be better appreciated. It will bash your self confidence the longer that you are there having to pitt yourself up against them both. Good luck hun x

The best time to start new Is now, just before Xmas, have u looked to see if tgere is any other jobs around now? Xxx

Unless you can figure something out, I would go too!! You're just going to get miserable, but how shocking that this owner agreed to have 2 people in that will conflict over the treatments that you do. She should have taken someone on who was the complete opposite to what you do, her clients are just going to get fed up with being pounced on as soon as they walk through the door.

I agree with the others, get out now in time for the xmas rush!
Maybe phone up other local hairdressers, sunbeds shops, leisure centers etc to see if any of them has a room for you to rent.
If not would you consider going mobile or have the space at home to set up a home based salon, garage, conservatory, spare room?
What is happening is just unfair & making your life hell.
I thought the other girl was working for the salon owner not renting from her like you, either way it isnt working out.
Make sure you collect all your clients contact details for when you move on, you have worked hard to build up your client base & its not like you are employed by a salon so you can take them with you.

I am a believer of "what goes around comes around!" x:hug:x

I dont really have an answer for you but i definately can relate to this- i too am in a very similar situation (i posted a thread on this a few months ago) and it has been getting to me too- my story goes like this!

I was approached about coming to work in a new salon (had been freelance for the past year) and so i thought about it quite a bit and decided to give it a go. next minuite the owner tells me there is another therapist that will be joining us.... we agreed hours and times (seperate) between us and then started the next week.
Since i had already been offering certain new treatments that she wasn't previously offering, she then starts offering them too! thought this was bad enough but now she's even took over a day i usually do so i have said there is no point me being there that day as we will just be fighting over clients! and i had specifically chosen the days i have as my son is in nursery and these are the times i can work- she doesnt even have children!!!! arrhh so frustrating

When i posted my original thread about this everyone just kept saying we should be a team and work together and not see each other as competition but as support for each other! i bet these people haven't been there and done that themselves- easier said than done i say!

Moral of the story i just dont think it can work having 2 self employed therapists that offer the exact same treatments!

aww god so you are going through the same as well..

it is a complete nite mare :(

no emma she ended up going self employed as well so now she makes £100 a week EACH off of us..

i am sooo angry.. i dont want to go else where before xmas cos i have people booked in the nw but i was thinkin more january time .. do yous think that would be a good idea.

I do have a garage which i set everything up in when i done mobile and if my clients could come to me then thats where we would do the treatments which was great.

im just panickin cos i dont want to be mobile at xmas again.. the snow was far to bad and it stopped me gettng to places as my car was going all over the place.

i hve went to work today and now every client the "boss" has in for hair she is tlkin to them about lashes and then she is callin the new girl over and off she runs up to the clients with her wee lash book on lashes she has done .. argggg!!

xx

I really do feel for you, it's horrible when you dread going into work. :hug:

I think if you have the space to work from home, that you should do that, even if it's temporary until you can find another place to work from. If you're self-employed there's nothing to stop you from taking your clients with you. I would set a date that you want to be out of there by, then just keep your head down, bite your tongue and move on. The best way you can pay them back is by being a huge success and leaving them behind.

Try not to let them see how much it's getting to you. If those are the sort of tactics that they use, you really don't want to be associated with them anyway.

As the saying goes, onwards and upwards! All the best to you.

i had a similar problem,so i went and found a new place to work x

yeh i know i think i will just need to bite my tongue and just get on with it and maybe set a date like the 1st or 2nd week in january and then just look for somewhere else in the time after xmas :) and if worst comes to worst then i leave and do it from home for a a few weeks.

i just like the girls i work with bar the new beautician and the "boss" so i dont really wanna leave them but i suppose i cant just think of them lol

xx

Sounds like a terrible situation to be in. I think you are right to stay where you are until after christmas since all your clients are already booked in but start looking for a new place now so when your clients come in for there xmas appointments you can give them a heads up about where you are going. You dont want people calling the salon after you have left to make appointments because they will just gewt poached by the other therapist. Try not to let people get to you though, just rise above it and let them get on with there own thing (sounds a bit hard sell jumping on folk as soon as they are through the door) You sound much more professional. Hope this helps.

If you do lashes too, what are these new lashes the other girl is doing that the owner is telling everyone about? How are they different to yours?

I understand you want to stay there to do your xmas clients, which luckily is only 4 weeks to go then the week after xmas so really you could just have 5 weeks left there!
I would start looking around at local places now to see if they have a room to rent, as the new year is only 5 weeks away & it could take some time to find somewhere!
Do you have to give any notice where you are now?

It is great you have somewhere at home that you can use too.
x:hug:x

If yopu are going to leave, I say do it now! How many clients want anything done in January anyway?
Print out leaflets and put them through every door and go out mobile. Or if you don't have a car, or prefer a salon then ring round local hair salons, gyms etc, and see if there is a spare room and as someone said above.
Hope u get it sorted :hug:

yeh i think i will do that .. some of my clients that im quite close to no what the girl is like so they already no that i wont be there after new yr and they have said to make sure and take their numbs with me so that i can do mobile for thm which is quite comforting.

emma the lashes are the same.. i do semi perm and express lashes and so does she but the owner got her to do them for her just to "try" them and she likes them but to be honest they arnt even noticable.. where as my clients like them quite noticable and glam looking. the new girl only does semi perm lashes.. not express.

no i started in there 7 months ago and was suppose to be giving a contract that her lawyer was writting up and i have never got one yet so i was gonna push for it last month when i realised this was all happenin but glad i never as i pay a week in advance rent so if i want to leave on a fri or sat then i dont have to pay rent for the following week which is good :)

i wont leave just no as my christmas clients are already booked in .. so i will get them done and then get out of there maybe in the first or 2nd week in january.

i just like it cos of the other girls and its only 5 mins in the car from my house.. but i suppose i cant stay just for the other girls. im sure we will keep in touch :)

xxx

Latest posts

Back