Sothys - opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
I'm looking into which skincare range to choose at the moment.

I have spoken to a few companies and looked through info packs and I think I'm probably going to go with Sothy's.

So who has used it, who has it in their salon and what are your opinions on the range please? Any info will be very appreciated.

I trained with Sothys and think that the producst are fabulous!!
they give really good results the products. I also love the smell of them. The only downpart i think is that they are quite expensive compared to some others. but in this case it,s justified since you are paying for real quality products.

I used to work with Sothys products they are very professional and effective. Their training is also very thorough. It also sold very well.

I think Sothys is a fantastic range. I nearly choose it myself.

In the UK they have regular salon promotions for the clients. Some of the ones I have seen have been free gift sets with purchase of two or more products etc. Im pretty sure that the distributor picks up the cost of the 'free' stuff.

I didn't like the packaging much but the products were lovely and thats probably the most important thing !

How does the training work, Do you have to do the level one course before you can take on the range, or can you take on the products with a commitment to do the training within so many months?

I don't really understand how that part works, I have heard many different opinions and all companies are different.

I had to take along my certificates to the training to prove I was qualified.

Excellent - Thanks guys. I think I'm definitely going to choose sothys now:green:

I'm just wanting to see if you went ahead with the Sothy's skin care and if so how is it working out for you?

I'm just wanting to see if you went ahead with the Sothy's skin care and if so how is it working out for you?

No I didn't, not yet anyway. I really wanted to take on the range but they supply only to therapists who have done a diploma in beauty therapy (Australia), I have only done cert 4. As soon as I finish my diploma this year I hope to take on sothys though.

I have had some experience with them, we now use sothys at college and I think they are great products, they are gentle on the skin and give great results.

I'm using POLA products at the moment, they were the best I could find that were available to me now. They are great also, but sothys products offer more in both the business perspective and the actual products IMO

I'm very suprised that they wouldn't supply you if you've got a cert 4. Lots of people work in the industry with a cert 4 and I've always found suppliers ask for a cert4 or diploma. I think the only difference between that and the diploma when I studied, was a business module and electrolysis or cosmatic tattooing.
Who did you get that info off?

I was surprised too - and very disappointed. But the Queensland sales rep told me that so it must be true:cry:

I was thinking it may be because there are a few extra modules in the diploma for body treatments, but I just checked my course info and you are right, so I am completely stumped.

This is a paragraph from the email they sent me -

"You really need a diploma in beauty therapy but if you have a beauty therapist working for you, they can do all of our treatments.. Our range is only prescribed by beauty therapists.."

It's got me wondering what treatments they offer that a cert 4 can't do but a diploma can

With a cert 4 you are a beauty therapist. Sothys really can't be that exclusive, they sell it in wholesalers.

I wonder if they were just saying that to get rid of me. When I called them they seemed very patronising on the phone. They asked how I knew about their products, I told them I had used them when I was in college.

They tried to put me on hold but I have good hearing and I could hear what they were saying about me anyway:eek: They said "Shes just started using our products at college and thinks she wants to open a salon up, should we send her an info pack?"

I have owned my salon for six months and was seriously looking for a skincare range to take on:mad:

So when I got the info pack I emailed the state manager and she told me that about needing the diploma.

Do any Aussie geeks use sothys, and what were the qualifications you needed to open an account?

Latest posts

Back