Spain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellym

Reaction score
I have noticed that there are quite a few geeks who have moved to Spain, and some more that are planning to.
So, here is my question: why?
What is it with Spain that makes you all people want to pack your bags and go live there? Or does it have to do with where you live now?
Don't mean to be nosey but I'm so curious!!!

I am moving to Spain in July, I love Spain (and the weather lol) I sometimes wonder myself if I should move as I live in a lovely area, nice house, we have good jobs and our daughter is in a great school! so its nothing to do with not being happy here.
In Spain they have a very outdoor life and is great for children, the Spanish are very family orientated.
I do feel this country is going down the pan. I dont think its going to get any better either.
Its just something as a family we want to do and have to try it now!! Wont know unless we do!! wish us luck!

Oh, I wish you all the luck in the world!
I guess, living in Greece, which is a lot like Spain only better (lol), I take for granted the sun, the way of life, the nightlife....

:green:Why wouldnt anyone want to move to spain? In this county all you get is bad weather.taxes. Prices going up on many things. Expensive rent. Taxes this Taxes that its a money making country. Yet i shall say i will live in this country all my life lol

Life in Spain is wonderful! However it is not easy, and making a living out here can be pretty tough, especially at the moment with many busineses finding it hard going. Most people agree that you work a lot harder out here ... but you also play a lot harder too. But it's not the dream for everyone, many marriages break down (which i know they do in UK but it does seem to be rife here) and there is a big alcoholism problem. But as long as you move here and just see it as another place to live and work and not as a big holiday then you will be fine!

For me it was the mix of the sun (the main reason as i suffer from SAD very badly), the more relaxed way of life, the sun, the UK politics, the sun, a new start in life oh and did i mention the sun (oops good job I spell checked, I nearly put sin - now that's a Freudian typo if ever I saw one :lol:)

evening! We decided to move here in November, the main reason being we'd just got married and wanted a bigger house but couldn't afford one in the UK, we was both working full-time and only just paying the bills on a tiny 2 up 2 down. Also my parents live out here so that made it alot easier! We chose spain rather than anywhere else as your still only 2 1/2 hours away if you want to come back and visit! We're lovin it so far no complaints and certainly no regrets! :)
xx

Oh, well me and hubby have just started to talk more seriously about it! :green:

We can't afford to buy a house here in the UK, and not so sure we will in Spain either, but I agree, this country is a state!!!! :mad:

I am desperately hunting the web for a cheap holiday out there to see what it's really like. So if anyone knows of anywhere...let me know!!! We'd like to rent a villa/country house so we can get a proper feel of what it would be like!! :green:

Lainy. xxx

Hi, I lived in Spain 20 years ago. We lived on the Costa Del Sol, (Sitio de Calahonda) it wasnt as built up then, as it is now. I went to school there.

Does anyone know it?

Perfect example... today, we did some 'housey' stuff... then at 3pm we started to prepare the paella, hubby got the fire ready, we opened a bottle of wine, I cooked the paella (which I have to say was one of my best so far), we chilled out with our children, our neighbour came up at 6pm'ish, we had more wine, loads of chat, it's just gone 11pm and we're now ready for bed... that's what we came to Spain for, an easy going weekend lifestyle... it's damned hard work during the week (more so than in the UK) but we do enjoy our weekends :D
It's even better during the summer months, bbq's every night, healthy eating, a fab lifestyle and a happy family, that's good enough for me :green:

I didn't make it to Spain, except on holiday but I lived in Germany, France and Belgium and loved it.
The best bit is that it showed my kids that there is another way to live besides hanging out in Tesco's car park and drinking beer:irked:
Would Paul and I move abroad again?
Like a shot. But as others have said you do still need to work and we are a bit long in the tooth to be chasing those jobs again:lol:
I have cousins in the south of France (Arle) which has a very Spanish feel to it and I love it there The food, the sun the relaxed way of life, the way the teenagers mind the police............I could go on all night:lol:

It's even better during the summer months, bbq's every night, healthy eating, a fab lifestyle and a happy family, that's good enough for me :green:

I remember a few of those weekends too :lol:

Thank you, girls, for all your answers!

were hopfully moving to oz in a few years time yeahhhhhhhhh!!:lol:

i would move to spain for the climate, bbq's etc but the thing that stops me is leaning the lingo - im a lazy sod when it comes to that, plus - ive had experience of driving on the wrong side (sandi and geeg) it (or they - lol) scares the hell out of me. i imagine if we moved to spain i would be a stay at home clean freak, cos no way would i drive anywhere- id be very slim tho - from all the walking into town or to the nearest mercadona (whatever its called)

Latest posts

Back