Spray tan and nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm doing a tan on Wednesday and the lady is having her nails done on Friday including her old ones being soaked off. I've never had my nails done and she's asked if it will tan the tan off?

Thanks
Gem x

Sorry but the answer to this is yes. I am assuming that she has acrylics being soaked off with acetone - if so, the acetone will remove the tan wherever it touches.

Hi Ladies

I'm doing a tan on Wednesday and the lady is having her nails done on Friday including her old ones being soaked off. I've never had my nails done and she's asked if it will tan the tan off?

Thanks
Gem x

I would suggest rescheduling the appointment, either she has to get her nails done on Wednesday and the tan on Friday or you need to do the tan on Saturday. Of course you will have to make sure the nails have adequate protection from the tanning solution.

Dont let her convince you that she will be "careful" Soaking is soaking and you can't stop the Acetone from coming into contact with the fingertips. Usually therapists try to be accommodating but they can't perform miracles. LOL ( and I have come across a few that dont really bother to try to be careful when working over a different persons work, if that makes sense)

If you go ahead the chances are that she will complain that you did a "patchy " tan and it is is not worth the aggravation.

Good luck and let us know what she decides

Thanks for the replies ladies she was going to cancel but I've managed to squeeze her in Friday. I've never had my nails done so I wasn't sure and she's never had a spray tan so we've both learnt for next time x

Latest posts

Back