Spray tan clients requesting visits by text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpark

Reaction score
I know how I will handle this to my satisfaction, but am curious as am fairly new to tanning (although have been a massage therapist and doing home visits for many years).

Most of my clients have either come to me or the salon (who I do spray tanning for), and although I have had quite a few enquiries via text, I have always spoken to them first before doing a home visit.

Have any of you actually done a home visit via texts alone? I'm curious that this may be the norm with tanning.

Yes i have arranged appointments by just text or email as long as you take their name and number and all the usual info you need.

hths x

I have taken some appointments solely by text also. As Violet Star says, take all the usual info-name, number, address and give prep details, all will be fine.
x

Over the years I have taken lots of booking soley by text and email...like has been said, as long as you have all the relevant info you should be fine xx

NO WAY!! I always make sure I speak with them first. You need to inform them of how to prep their skin before the tan and I want to make sure they understand this as well as ask me any questions they may have.
I don't offer my services to males and I want to know on the phone that this is definitely a female and not a male trying to trick me xxx
Ps - I have refused to treat clients that will not pick up the phone, despite me telling them I cannot come without speaking to them first. xxx

I can't say I have done new clients by text but most of my regulars text me as they know I am busy, I do get a lot of new clients via e-mail though.
I always refer them to my pre-tan advice on my website if they are new.

Me too, have accepted a number of bookings by text only, but it's usually developed to an email conversation too as I like to email all new clients the pre-treatment advice etc.

yep, done loads by text and email, I normally direct them to my website for before and after care too but that is generally where they get my number from so most have already seen it x

No offence to you guys because it is completely up to you how you choose to do things but the reason I will give my pre-tan info over the phone is because I always think...What if this client cant read? Also a lot of them will just skim through it and only read bits they want to read. Resulting in problems to YOU in the end.
My sister is dyslexic and I know if I gave her pre tan advice through an email...well she just wouldn't be able to read it and she's so embarrassed about it bless her,that she just wouldn't ask for help xxx

Last edited:
that's a good point Kylie, hadnt even thought of that!

that's a good point Kylie, hadnt even thought of that!

If it wasn't for my sister and knowing what she's like, I don't think I would have either lol
xxx

I have answered texts but ALWAYS speak to the person on the phone to take details, name, address, date & time of appointment etc.

I also have a little natter and ask if they have had a spray tan before etc and explain a little how it works to put them at ease etc and also let them know I'm always at the other end of the phone if they have an questions or queries before the day of the appointment.

I think its more professional, lets them speak to you and vice versa so there is a little familiarity before the day too. I like to know who I'm talking to!

Kim x

Latest posts

Back