Spray tan clients showering just before!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
My clients keep showering or having a good old soak in the bath just before I turn up! It's driving me mad.does anyone else have this?its makes the tan really hard to apply.ive told them not to do it especially if its just before I get there but they still do :-(

My clients keep showering or having a good old soak in the bath just before I turn up! It's driving me mad.does anyone else have this?its makes the tan really hard to apply.ive told them not to do it especially if its just before I get there but they still do :-(

Yes mine too, even though it is on the instruction leaflet I give them not too

Yes mine too, even though it is on the instruction leaflet I give them not too

The classic saying is "I want to be clean for you"!!!

Why does it make it difficult for you to spray them?

I have many clients who shower before they come for a spray tan and have never had a problem. I always think its better this way than having green underarms from deoderant residue, perfume residue, etc.

Just curious as I was never advised on this in my training and have been doing tans for 5 years now with no problems.

A lot of mine do this but I tell them it's ok as long as they make sure no residue of any products are left on their skin. Showers are ok but baths are no no's xx

Sometimes they soak in a nice hot bath with an oily soak, they come in all red and hot and start sweating and as far as I was told the ph of the skin is better for tanning if they haven't just had a shower or bath, hence I ask they to shower in the morning avoiding moisturiser etc, I can remove deodorant when they come in

I hate when they shave their legs just before and the tan goes all spotty when I spray it on. My sister does it all the time to me! I have to wipe it over then spray again and mysteriously it goes on great the second time around..

Many of my clients prefer to shower before I arrive. This is fine so long as they are out and dry 30 minutes before I spray them. This allows the skin time to return to it's natural PH level and the tan goes on fine.

I always explain that they need to be avoiding products with oils & ensuring they are washing ALL shower gel, shampoo & conditioner off their skin before they get out & all waxing & shaving needs to be done 24 hours in advance.

Latest posts

Back