Spray Tan Extraction Worries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a question about this actually...
I've been asked to exhibit at a pamper evening at a school close to me (For parents & their friends, not for the kids!), and I've said I'll do spray tanning. I don't yet have my equipment, I'm planning to buy at the Olympia show from SiennaX, but I have done spray tanning before. Now, potentially, I could be spraying a maximum of 20 people in the time I'm there (It's a long evening!) The lady organising it has said to me that there's an area that's a little bit more out of the way, so I can tan people without them getting their bits out completely in public!!

My question is this;
As my budget is limited at the moment, I wasn't planning to get an extractor immediately. But then I wasn't planning to be doing so many spray tans in an evening!!! If I request to be near an open window, use a large rotary fan (as we used to in the salon I worked in) and protect the school's floor somehow, do you think this will be adequate for one evening of tanning? I'm really considering getting myself a small loan to cover the cost, but really want to avoid it at all costs! Only just got myself out of debt :(

Interested to hear your thoughts, geeks!!
Thanks!

I am actually using the unit shown and supplied by Tantrick on their web page and can wholeheartedly recommend this as an extraction unit! I am using it in a area with a white and mirrored wall, with no cubicle and just a towel on the floor and it works perfectly!

And I got great customer service from Collin with it!

Ive just got this one on your recommendation Lindsay :) and it's great.
I think it is very important to think about things we are all breathing in even if they seem harmless and don't smell much.Look at pollen its natural but it causes me blooming health problems no end.

It was my daughter that made me get one ,i guess having young lungs she was noticing irritation from tanning and i have used every tan there is on her in samples in the last few months so its not just with Tantrick.

I would like to see extraction added on in start up packages or promoted more because i do think it is important to minimise any potential health risks and it does seem to be the last thing on most peoples agendas.Some companies don't even sell them.

I hope that with all the popularity there is at the mo,down the line we are not going to see explosive headlines about spray tanning being bad for us like we have with sunbeds because of misuse and lack of health and safety precautions.

An added bonus is i can now use it for nails too . I never bothered because i was using Calgel which doesn't smell, so gives you a false sense of security but it makes me cough if i do a few so it cant be doing me any good.

So an extractor is an extra expense but to safeguard your health and your clients health and their cream settees i say you need to add it on to your budget sooner rather than later.

Ive just got this one on your recommendation Lindsay :) and it's great.
I think it is very important to think about things we are all breathing in even if they seem harmless and don't smell much.Look at pollen its natural but it causes me blooming health problems no end.

It was my daughter that made me get one ,i guess having young lungs she was noticing irritation from tanning and i have used every tan there is on her in samples in the last few months so its not just with Tantrick.

I would like to see extraction added on in start up packages or promoted more because i do think it is important to minimise any potential health risks and it does seem to be the last thing on most peoples agendas.Some companies don't even sell them.

I hope that with all the popularity there is at the mo,down the line we are not going to see explosive headlines about spray tanning being bad for us like we have with sunbeds because of misuse and lack of health and safety precautions.

An added bonus is i can now use it for nails too . I never bothered because i was using Calgel which doesn't smell, so gives you a false sense of security but it makes me cough if i do a few so it cant be doing me any good.

So an extractor is an extra expense but to safeguard your health and your clients health and their cream settees i say you need to add it on to your budget sooner rather than later.

Excellent news Gillian, I'm glad to see my experience was useful for you too! I'm finding my extraction unit makes for a MUCH more pleasant working environment

Interesting your comments on working with Calgel. I get similar working with Bio after a while....people think because they can't smell gel it doesn't have any vapours. But to be honest, sometimes I wish those folks that come here looking for an odourless system would understand that smells are doing us a favour! They are lettting us know that something is in the air! It may be gel or the associated solutions for sanitising etc, but there is definitely something there, and long term exposure can't be that good!

The unit is light enough to be portable too....I took it to a tanning party a couple of weeks back and the hostess was most impressed, as she's had parties before and really noticed the difference this time!

Latest posts

Back