Spray tan help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danibeauty

Reaction score
i am very new to this and unsure if i am doing it right but i need help regarding tanning. i bought a machine model bd 181 mix control for airbrush nails and tans however my tans are turning out a disaster i am not sure if it's the compressor, airbrush or solution but i don't want to spend too much more money without advice can anybody help me?

Its most likely the gun. Airbrush machines are no good for tanning.

You need to purchase an HVLP (high volume low pressure) machine specifically for spray tanning.

x

thank you for your advice, it's only taken me an hour or so to find your comment lol so sorry for late reply x

Its most likely the gun. Airbrush machines are no good for tanning.

You need to purchase an HVLP (high volume low pressure) machine specifically for spray tanning.

x

Sorry to disagree Miss Pink, Airbrushes and generators do lovely tans, the only reason they are not as popular as HVLP is that they do waste more product due to the fine overspray mist and that they take longer. Before HVLP came out all spray tans were airbrushed and I was trained years ago and used airbrush equipment until about 3 years ago.

So, to the OP you can do fabulous tans, airbrush make up, spray on tattoos and airbrush nail art with a decent machine. I would guess that the settings are incorrect. I havent used your machine before but will google it to see which one it is and hopefully let you know where you are going wrong. Which compressor are you using?

I googled and :
the only results I can find are airbrushes made in CHina, gravity fed and they seem to be popular for Art and craft appications used with inks and paints.

Where did you buy it. I would return it and get in touch with AmberMist, they do absolutely gorgeous airbrush and compressor sets. I used them for years (they also now do HVLP in a cute pink design)

The most important question though is where did you train, which equipment was used and how long ago was it?

Last edited:
well i will keep the airbrush as it is good for nails. i trained with heavenly bodies and that was an airbrush and I've adjusted to 10Psi and had no luck I've been using crazy angel which has good reviews so doubt its that any idea if i use a hvlp gun and my compressor that may be any good? i am starting mobile but haven't been able to get a loan etc so im using my current wages to fund equipment with so i need something affordable

Sorry to disagree Miss Pink, Airbrushes and generators do lovely tans, the only reason they are not as popular as HVLP is that they do waste more product due to the fine overspray mist and that they take longer. Before HVLP came out all spray tans were airbrushed and I was trained years ago and used airbrush equipment until about 3 years ago.

I wasnt saying you csnt use an airbrush to do tans, but its not ideal.

Why use a machine that wastes money and uses up more of your time, when you can get the more updated equipment - specifically designed for tanning.

HVLP machines are by no means expensive and pay for themselves after only a handful of tans.

I have been to many clients who have had a tan with an airbrush and all have complained about the amount of overspray left in their houses afterwards!

x

well i will keep the airbrush as it is good for nails. i trained with heavenly bodies and that was an airbrush and I've adjusted to 10Psi and had no luck I've been using crazy angel which has good reviews so doubt its that any idea if i use a hvlp gun and my compressor that may be any good? i am starting mobile but haven't been able to get a loan etc so im using my current wages to fund equipment with so i need something affordable

Hi

I see you mentioned you trained with heavenly bodies, do they offer training? Im looking to do this but cant find no info :(

Sarah

Latest posts

Back