Spray tan help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlteredImageHR

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of starting up doing spraytans mobile, I'm qualified to do it just don't know what stuff to buy for it!

Can anyone recommend any good products that are known so people will want them!

Also if anyone can give me a list of all the things I'll need it will be much appreciated!

(I'm only a student but qualified inactive few things I just don't have enough money to get the expensive stuff)!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Fake bake gorgeous and a big draw because of name. California tan also gorgeous but not as expensive. Crazy Angel widely available and very popular too, also a lovely tan and less expensiveHTH :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nouvatan, only been doing it a couple of months and every client loves it so far and lots of them have tried Fake Bake and loads of others and say mine is more natural colour and the fade off is better.

Nouvatan, only been doing it a couple of months and every client loves it so far and lots of them have tried Fake Bake and loads of others and say mine is more natural colour and the fade off is better.

Cloughers, what's the smell like?

I agree I use Nouvatan on clients that have used lots of tans and love the colour and fade off, it has a lovely mango smell and made of natural and organic ingredients and not animal tested, but why don't you phone them and order the sample pack and try for yourself :)

LA Tan are a fab brand and have some great start up kits.

Personally I would test brands and not buy one just because lots of people have heard of it.

Clients will come back if they have a great service and great tan regardless of what is written on the bottle.

Ask for samples and find something you love! :)

Thankyou for all your advice I really appreciate it:)! I think I'll try getting a range of different samples from different makes and see which one I prefer to use! Can anyone recommend a good tanning gun as I need the lot haha! X

If you need the whole kit then you might find it a good idea to contact companies likeLA Tanning, AvivaLabs,Nouvatan,Fresh Indulgence etc and ask about start up kits or special offers. Usually they will include some solution giving you enough to practice and get used to your equipment. Once you have the kit you can then gwt some samples in from other companies to find your favorite. Ideally it would make sense to buy the same equipment you trained with as you will at least know how to set the gun and use your equipment. There are many threads on here about people not knowing how to use their new equipment. LOL hope this helps

fresh indulgence do a great kit which is where i got mine their tan is lovely too really natural (i got the maximist xl with helia gun). I have emailed loads of companies and got lots of free samples to try also.

I would also recommend getting a clip on light for your tent with a natural daylight bulb as lighting can be an issue!

You will need towels, barrier cream, i take baby wipes for clients to rub their palms on incase they get tan on them its amazing how many people forget and accidentally touch themselves lol!

You may need disposables, rubber gloves for you, hair cap, paper pants you can also get paper bras (have never needed these) oh and sticky feet.

i also take client record form and aftercare advice hth.

I love tanning great way to make people look and feel better about themselves and you can make money what more could you ask for!

This is a great forum with wonderful advice and tips from much more experienced geeks than me good luck xxx

The smell is nice!

I heart Nouvatan! The mango smell is divine! Training was free with my kit, I have the TS50 gun and it is awesome. I ordered my little trolley bag from them too and then all you need are towels (one for tent floor and one for just outside the tent to protect carpets), paper roll (to do your initial spray through) barrier/aqueaous cream, sticky feet if you use them, hairbands and clips are always a good idea, nail oil (I put this around acrylics - much appreciated by my ladies, baby wipes (to wipe my tent down before folding away), business cards to leave behind to hand to friends/colleagues and some take disposable pants but I don't use them. I also take an extension lead (incase of distance from wall plug problems!) and a lamp (also bought from Nouvatan, some people's lighting isn't great and I'd hate to do a streaky one!) Think thats my list! Good Luck xxx:Love:

Oops, sorry for repeating! Didn't see Lust4Beauty's post from yesterday :rolleyes: xxx

I love Crazy Angel!

I love their retail products too :)

My previous was Solaris but could not get on with this at all x

I rang an emailed a few tanning companies, but decided my favourites were LA Tanning and Laurens Way....I bought the Maximist Machine from LA Tanning and I think its fantastic, I purchased Laurens Way Tan solution for clients that prefer the TOWIE look, and I also cater for clients that want a fast but none smelling/drying tan so I use Fast Tan by LA Tanning, I would say shop around as much as possible and try out as many samples as possible, plus getting feedback after a few days from family/friends is a useful way on deciding if that particular brand is what you are looking for. I asked about fade off, the smell, colour etc....and friends especially were very honest in voicing their opinions.
Good luck xx

Thankyou all so much for your feedback! I've rang quite a few different companies for some samples and I'm going to get a maxi mist gun and hope for the best!!

(LA Tanning don't stock MaxiMists.... !!)

If you're unsure about what a MaxiMist is, this might help: MaxiMist XL review

There was a time when MaxiMist had almost become just a name, but the new MaxiMist is significantly different from a TS50 now. They have made quite a lot of changes. So be careful about websites like LA Tanning that use the word "Maxi" in front of their equipment.. unless it says it's an actual MaxiMist, it will have quite a few differences.

If you're unsure about what a MaxiMist is, this might help: MaxiMist XL review

There was a time when MaxiMist had almost become just a name, but the new MaxiMist is significantly different from a TS50 now. They have made quite a lot of changes. So be careful about websites like LA Tanning that use the word "Maxi" in front of their equipment.. unless it says it's an actual MaxiMist, it will have quite a few differences.
the only difference is the hose connections both machines are made in the same factory and do exactly the same job. . The Word Maximist is just a trademarked name there is nothing wrong with the new hose connections on the ts50 any way. Maximist have just changed something that was never broken to make it appear a better machine we can all as suppliers request changes to the ts50 ie with or without hose clips, have our own logo on the casings, or have them in different colours and suntana who own the name maximist have asked for a different hose connection. dont be fooled by thinking the maximist is any different or will do a better job it wont its exactly the same machine :wink2:

Research , research, research, I tried about 30 different tan samples before deciding on the one I am using now. Some samples never even got to the machine due to the smell of the tan or the service i received over the phone when asking for samples, if companys can't be bothered with you on the phone asking questions what are they going to be like once they have got you as a customer?

I don't agree with you there, Steve. There are a lot more differences now than just the hose connectors, and actually I do think these are useful because we often get calls from TS50 users saying their hose flies off during use. Have you actually had one of the new MaxiMists in your hand and compared them side by side I wonder?

I agree with you that Suntana have a vested interest in acting like the machine is better, but I don't. We stock both machines, it doesn't matter to us which our customers choose. But I do agree with you that performance-wise, as in the quality of the tan, there is no difference, so there's no reason for anyone to buy a MaxiMist if they're thinking it will make a difference to performance. But if they want those extra little things that make life easier, or make their machine look better, or whatever it is they like about it - why not?

Dismissing the MaxiMist simply because you choose not to stock it and saying it's "exactly the same machine" is really quite misleading. It's important people understand there are differences (however subtle they may be in your mind) and make their choice accordingly - which clearly some people don't when they're buying TS50s off some sites and thinking they're MaxiMists by the way that they name them.

Latest posts

Back