spray tan - i'm tearing my hair out !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do people just buy a machine thing... like a minimist ... and use any solution in it? Depending on the client?

One hairdressers up the road told me they all love St Tropez (many people tell me this is the best!) and then another hairdressers down the road told me they love Fake Bake... but then loads on here love Tantrick!!

Could I try and please everyone?!!

Well I have to say I HATE St. Tropez. It definately does not suit everyone. I particularly like Liquid Sun for fair skinned and people who tan reasonably well. The colour is lovely, a really golden brown and lasts well. I also like AYU Plus. Both these solutions have a higher viscosity than the others and so you get less overspray as it tends to fall straight to the ground and not fly in the air thereby covering your room. You dont have to have loads of solution but I think you need to have more than 1 brand. Fake Bake is pricey and I dont rekon its worth the money. Most people dont ask for any particular brand. As far as machines go the minimist and the cyclone unit are pretty popular it seems, especially if your mobile. HTH

My last client had always had St Tropez spray tan and said she loved it....until I did a Tantrick tan on her and now she much prefers the Tantrick. She also couldnt believe how quickly the Tantrick tans was applied using the minimist, compared to the compressor used for her St Tropez tan.

I converted an avid sunbed user yesterday too to tantrick. She said she needed a spray tan just to 'even out' the sunbed tan. She's hooked.. has booked in for topup next week .. she said she can't believe how natural the colour is and how quick and easy it was to have it done.

I think a lot of the time its just getting over that nervousness about someone spraying you while stood with next to nothing on ... but if you put them at ease... use a fabulous product ... then the rest is easy :) I must say I have not had one 'bad' tan yet with tantrick in almost a year of using it ... I love it :)

yeah I agree with Jen, once you've converted them from sunbeds there's no going back. They dont have the skin cancer threat and they dont have the wrinkle effect later in life. I love the way they're not afraid to "fake it" anymore. I dont use Tantrick anymore I prefer Liquid Sun by Vani-T or I use AYU Plus. I think the UK market is really untouched at the mo.

Is there a uk web site for vaniti?

Also came across a hvlp machine the other day that blows warm air and costs £150.00, any opinions on this?

I have been doing spray tanning for about a year and use Solglo. I've found it to be an excellent system and they provide courses too. The kit includes a cubicle which saves my walls and floor!

Minx

Why not phone tantrick and celebrity secrets then they can send their rep out to you and do a demo so you can see for yourself what the tanning solution is like and how it wears. Then when you speak to the rep maybe she can put you in contact with some clients so see what their opinion is?(with their permisssion of course)

A recent solution i tried which was very good is a company called a tan i got the sample from mobile tan website. As for samples go througha copy of professional beauty adn contact eh companies and i am sure they will help.

HTH

Latest posts

Back