spray tan - i'm tearing my hair out !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttons

Reaction score
Please can someone help me i have been researching for a while into spray tanning and have got no where fast, you here so many horror stories is best to be safe that sorry. Trouble is i live in north yorkshire and would like to see a demo and hear other peoples opinions and cient responses.

I've heard about the mini mist and drawn towards tantrick and celeb secrets.

Hope someone can help

Thank you xxx

pm kateyork1 she is a trainer for tantrick & she lives in York so she might be able to help you x

Thank you i shal try pm her x

erm how do i get her details ?? xx
x

go to member list hun x

Here is a link to her web page ... it will have her phone number on... give her a ring :)

Link -----> Click Here!

Nail FX said:
Here is a link to her web page ... it will have her phone number on... give her a ring :)

Link -----> Click Here!
never thought of that lol,

I am so pleased with Tantrick, have tried other solutions in my Tantrick mini mist, but Tantrick solution still comes out tops xx

I have been doing mobile spray tanning now for the past few months. I have a mini mist and have tried most spray solutions and the best that I have found is celeb secrets and this is just because it fades better than the rest.
But the best option is to get as many sample solutions as possible so you can try them out as it will be you using them at the end of the day. Whats great for one is not always great for the next. :)

Im going on my Tantrick training on Wed and Im soooo excited. Got my kit and it looks so professional in its bag and everything. Cant wait to start offering it:lol:

I agree with samiejoe. You should get as many samples as possible and try them out. I believe you should have more than one company's solution. They dont suit everyone. I keep about 4 different ones. My favourite has to be Liquid Sun by Vani-T, the colour is fab and fading excellent. It's 99% natural ingredients and the clients skin feels fab. They also do a cyclone machine which must be similar to the mini-mist tho I havent tried either. HTH

Yes I agree, at the moment I stock three different solutions. I have my fav one out of them but my clients are all different and I go through with them what will suit their skin tone and what I feel will look best.

Thank you for your replies i think a mini mist and lots of samples is a good starting point.

I have another question. What is the best method of covering the walls and floor as dont tneed to move anything as it will be a permanent base for spray tanning, was wondering what you fellow geeks used ??

you can get spray cubicles, but if you arent going to move it maybe you should look into something a bit more solid- try www.spraytancubical.co.uk and look at what they ahve- or www.tantrick.co.uk have some solid ones

If you havent got much of a budget how about a shower curtain hung off a curtain track around the corner of your room. This is what I do and ok you need to wash the shower curtain often but thats no hardship. I've got laminate flooring so again, just a mop over is easy enuf. Even if you dont have laminate you could get something like a 1.5m sq piece of lino and lay it down in the corner your gonna spray. This works really well. In the pop up tent you need to hang a light cos its tricky to see wot your doing. HTH

just on a slightly differnt note I am looking at spray tanning and heard hvlp was best machine to get? Any opinions (or do i jusnot know what I am talking about!!)

buttons said:
Thank you for your replies i think a mini mist and lots of samples is a good starting point.

I have another question. What is the best method of covering the walls and floor as dont tneed to move anything as it will be a permanent base for spray tanning, was wondering what you fellow geeks used ??

Hi,
I've got a shower in my salon and installed 'dry-wall' (or maybe it's called 'wet-wall') which is sheets of laminate for the shower walls instead of tiles. Tan overspray just washes off, so need to scrub grout. I got the electrician to install 2 spotlights above and quite a powerful extractor. Luckily I had tanning in mind when I designed my (tiny) salon and it works a treat.
Good Luck
PS I use Fake Bake mainly, and sometimes Eco tan- which comes in 3 shades. The lightest is gorgeous & golden.

I am in the process of doing a room soley for Spray Tanning and I am going to put clear perspex around. Easy to wipe off and I can put posters etc behind it so it will brighten the room without worrying about any overspray getting onto them. Just a thought!!!:lol:

tonilee said:
just on a slightly differnt note I am looking at spray tanning and heard hvlp was best machine to get? Any opinions (or do i jusnot know what I am talking about!!)

I like hvlp machines better than compressors, have tried both, they are easy to use and to clean but quite noisy and they blow cold air as they spray.

I prefer HVLP machines because you can spray at a lower pressure than with an airbrush and compressor, yes you can spray at a low pressure with an airbrush and compressor but it takes so much longer......one day there will be legislation about the pressure you can spray at, I think currently recommended is under 7psi.....I used to spray with airbrush and compressor at 15-20psi.......my HVLP sprays at less than 3psi.

My spray tan room has some shower lining from B&Q...not very expensive......love Nikki's idea about the clear perspex to put posters behind etc....wish I'd thought of the one!

Latest posts

Back