Spray Tan Machine BASIC?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bails007

Reaction score
Hi,

Im not a professional spray tan therapist however i have professional spray tans done every 2 weeks, but after a week or the tan comes off on my face before anywhere else and it seems a shame to scrub it all off when it just my face. Ive tried to apply gradual tan on my face but it doesnt go as dark
So im going to buy a litre of solution and would like to buy a basic spray machine so i can re-spray my face as and when.
Anyone can recommend a basic machine, ? Budget of £100 (seen some on ebay)
I was thinking of the MAXIMIST LITE.
Ideally i want the same machine as my therapist, it has a lead attached to the machine with a silver gun thats attached to a small bottle with the solution in it and its constantly on but only solution only comes out when pressed
Sorry im new to all this!

Can anyone advise and help?

Sarah :)

Does your therapist not sell tan in a can? I think this would probably be the better option for you.

Hiya, sounds like ur therapist cld have the maximst pro! I would definately say go for the maximist lite....if you go to the suntana website, they do a great deal for £100, you get the lite and some solution and the product is lovely too..that's where I purchased my maximist plus and the service is amazing xx

Does your therapist not sell tan in a can? I think this would probably be the better option for you.

Tan in a can is that a fake tan ? No she doesnt
:(

Nouvatan do a great mousse that you can apply really easily with no streaks, to top up face and hands.

Hi ive just been looking on health and beauty wear and they have the Ts10 machine for £59.99 or the 5008 for £100.
im looking for a machine for my beauty room (newly opened) and i dont no where to start with getting my tanning equipment, can any one advise what machine would be best and also the best solution and also are the 2 on health and beauty the maxi mist! i also went on la tanning and they have 2 very good deals 1 at £150 and the other at £200 both include machine tent and solution. any help gratfully recievied.
many thanks.

Tan in a can is that a fake tan ? No she doesnt

Quite a few brands retail "tan in a can". Tantrick, Sienna X, Nouvatan, probably more. It's great to top up certain areas, eg face, in between tans. Personally I'd go for something like that rather than buying a machine from eBay and possibly turning myself orange. :eek:

Quite a few brands retail "tan in a can". Tantrick, Sienna X, Nouvatan, probably more. It's great to top up certain areas, eg face, in between tans. Personally I'd go for something like that rather than buying a machine from eBay and possibly turning myself orange. :eek:

Ive had problems with certain solutions on my skin and found the only tan suitable and i love is heavenly bodies. Retail they dont sell any products hence the idea of buying a cheap machine and solution and doing it that way so going back to tan in a can i dont really wanna buy another brand of fake tan as its prob going to interact isnt it? Dont really wanna wear 2 different branding of fake tans

:)

Ive had problems with certain solutions on my skin and found the only tan suitable and i love is heavenly bodies. Retail they dont sell any products hence the idea of buying a cheap machine and solution and doing it that way so going back to tan in a can i dont really wanna buy another brand of fake tan as its prob going to interact isnt it? Dont really wanna wear 2 different branding of fake tans

:)

I just had a quick google and it looks like Heavenly Bodies do a "spritz" bottle.

I just had a quick google and it looks like Heavenly Bodies do a "spritz" bottle.

Yep I have this but it's not even enough to do my face!

This probably isn't what you want to here but here goes!

Why don't you get your spray tans done every week? or just a half body if your therapist offers this?

This site is full of professionals who have spent hundreds on their training and equiptment and we don't really like giving out information so that people can just do treatments for themselves.

If you start doing your own tans you may stop going to your therapist completely and I wouldn't want to feel responsible for her losing a client because I told her what machine to buy etc.

I am not having a go this is just my opinion.

fran x

This 200ml bottle isn't enough to do your face???

Unless you have done a course in spray tanning I wouldn't recommend spraying yourself. If you're interested in spray tanning maybe it's something you should look into.

Totally agree with fran. You know nothing about your machine do you know how they work? or even how solutions work with skintones, spray patterns of gun and how ur gun works, contraindications, thats before I start on maintenance and cleaning of your gun.

This is a professional community where qualified therapist help each other, we have all invested 100s 1000s pounds into our products and training why should we give advice to people whom blatently think its easy to do so they go on flea bay and buy a machine.

My old hairdresser apparently started doing tans mobile on the notion she has had tans done for years so will be easy to do, no training and charges only for solution until she gets better:eek: I said oh well in that case i have had my hair cut since age of 3, so might start doing haircuts should be EASY PEASY,,get my drift. xx

Totally agree with fran. You know nothing about your machine do you know how they work? or even how solutions work with skintones, spray patterns of gun and how ur gun works, contraindications, thats before I start on maintenance and cleaning of your gun.

This is a professional community where qualified therapist help each other, we have all invested 100s 1000s pounds into our products and training why should we give advice to people whom blatently think its easy to do so they go on flea bay and buy a machine.

My old hairdresser apparently started doing tans mobile on the notion she has had tans done for years so will be easy to do, no training and charges only for solution until she gets better:eek: I said oh well in that case i have had my hair cut since age of 3, so might start doing haircuts should be EASY PEASY,,get my drift. xx

No need to be rude and blunt - i was just asking a question where some people have actually been nice and answered my question.
I dont have no intention on going out and spraying people just for my own personal use, theres no harm in that.
I appreciate your a "professional" but i dont intend on making any money for something on my own use.

This probably isn't what you want to here but here goes!

Why don't you get your spray tans done every week? or just a half body if your therapist offers this?

This site is full of professionals who have spent hundreds on their training and equiptment and we don't really like giving out information so that people can just do treatments for themselves.

If you start doing your own tans you may stop going to your therapist completely and I wouldn't want to feel responsible for her losing a client because I told her what machine to buy etc.

I am not having a go this is just my opinion.

fran x

Fran,

Thanks for your comment, however i feel some things didnt need to be said. Some people on here have actually been nice and given me some helpful information and as you quoted "dont like giving out info" well thankfully not everyone is like that on here.

Thanks for your opinion anyway
Take care

I think the best thing to do would be to get a tan in a can. You will probably be ok even if the two tans dont match-Most people's faces do fade faster than the rest of their body and most people either apply more make up or use an at home fake tan-whether it be a spray, moouse or cream.
If you want to buy a machine then ho ahead, but believe me-its not as easy as it looks and you will be spraying your face (i.e your eyes will be closed so you cant see what your doing and you will be holding the gun at an awkward angle).
You honestly probably would go orange and have solution dripping from your face and then you have to tackle blending-and if not done properly your face will go darker than your body and you will be back to square 1.
hth's

Hi,

Im not a professional spray tan therapist however i have professional spray tans done every 2 weeks, but after a week or the tan comes off on my face before anywhere else and it seems a shame to scrub it all off when it just my face. Ive tried to apply gradual tan on my face but it doesnt go as dark
So im going to buy a litre of solution and would like to buy a basic spray machine so i can re-spray my face as and when.
Anyone can recommend a basic machine, ? Budget of £100 (seen some on ebay)
I was thinking of the MAXIMIST LITE.
Ideally i want the same machine as my therapist, it has a lead attached to the machine with a silver gun thats attached to a small bottle with the solution in it and its constantly on but only solution only comes out when pressed
Sorry im new to all this!

Can anyone advise and help?

Sarah :)

This has probably already been said, but fake bake do a really good tan in a can, if it's only for your face every two weeks it will last ages, £20 in boots x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back