Spray Tan Party...Goodie Bag Ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovebarbie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm planning on having a spray tan party in a few weeks to hopefully build up a good client base. I'm going to give everyone a free tan on the night and also 30% if they book another tan on the night. Another thing I wanted to do was goodie bags!!! I thought this would be a really nice idea. Only thing is I'm struggling to find ideas of what to put in them and also finding cheap enough stuff to put in them all. Does any1 have any ideas of what would be good in them or even websites/shops where I can bulk buy little goodies???

If the goodie bags are just to promote your tanning, maybe a tiny tub of scrub and a loofa ? Along with the voucher for money off next one and your business card/price list ?? Not sure which supplier you are with but with fantasy tan u can order mini retail items like scrub directly from them. Just an idea :)

x

Thanks High hopes.

Fabby Idea. x

Hi There, Sienna-X also do great sachet-sized retail goodies costing about 42p each. If you PM me with your email address, I can forward you the Sienna-X price list recently sent to me, or you can contact [email protected] and I'm sure she can help xx

Hi when I do parties I get cellophane from the florists and ribbon from them aswell-dead cheap and goes far! Inside I put a couple of little beauty things such as mini moisturisers/lipbalm/hair treats/mini face masks-all available at wilkos and home bargains think asda do mini stuff too. Clients love them, in with them I put a voucher or a refer a friend discount with flyer/business card and a scrub mitt or loofah. Wrap it all up with a coloured ribbon and VOILA!!! Love tan parties theyre great fun :lol:xx

Thanks geeks all so helpful. Lots of ideas now.

xxxxxx

what about a clear nail polish for their nails, so they dont get tan on them. you know how hard it is to get it off your nails on the hands and feet

Thats a good one megaone-will remember that one!! xx

hi

i was thinking about doing the same for when i have my first party. i was thinking about exfoliating gloves... depending on my money situation i might buy a pair and split it into two bags!!!!

also, it'll be fake bake i'm using and they do a great travel/preperation kit that only costs a few pound but looks good

i was also thinking about daft things like those fancy plastic curly straws. so they can use that at the party after the tan so they dont ruin the tan round their mouth.

another thing was marigolds in case they have to do the dishes afterwards!!!

obviously this would just be a one off and my first party will probably be with people i know. but hopefully doing things like that it will spread the word.

I think your giving awwy too much too soon to be honest. They should pay for their tan and receive a voucher for anoter tan but really they shouldnt get free tans unless they book a course (at least) You may think you are building clients but what you ar building is clients who want cheap/free tans and you will never be able to recover. You may not mind doing the group but as soon as you have to head a few miles south at a time that doesnt suit you'll soon start to regret what you did.
Start by giving the group a lil gift like an exfoliating glove and a tan wipe of whatever brand you use maybe host tans free of a % off, then maybe book 2 tans get one free this way you have an established clientele and are garunteed 2 visits and payments before the free one.

hi

also, it'll be fake bake i'm using and they do a great travel/preperation kit that only costs a few pound but looks good

Hi Carron, I've got these Fake Bake spray tan prep kits, which I agree look really nice, but the thing I've found is that the most expensive item in the kit is the buffing mitt, which clients don't even really need. I've even been on to Fake Bake asking if they sell the 59ml bottles of exfoliator and oil-free moisturiser, but they don't - it's the kit or nothing. At £3.50 + vat + delivery, this is too much for me to give away! Or am I being tight and you're being super clever with your generosity, just not sure! x

I think that's a bit too expensive sun spray. for a tiny 59ml. I know boots do little minis of loads of stuff so I'm going to have a look there and see what they have. They have exfoliating gloves for a couples of pounds so I'll get some of them too. I was going to get black gift bags and black and red tissue paper to wrap the stuff up. You get all that stuff cheap on ebay and then I will Valentines themed. Yeah maybe I am giving away too much, what does everyone else think?? I like the gift bag idea coz I love stuff like that I love getting little gifts. xxx Thanks for all the comments geeks super super. I'll let you know how I get on Hoping to have it on Sat 7th Feb x Any other ideas welcome... Thanks all xxx[/COLOR]

Hi Guys,

if you are giving a little bag of treat's i would recommend that you give them a product that you will be able to sell at a later. If you give them a treat from boots they will be able to buy it from boots in the future. . . . leaving you with no retail sale . . . just a taught.
Its nice to be able to say "anything you receive on the night is available to purchase ( in bigger sizes/ gift packs etc) :idea:

Good 1 Single Sparkle xx

I agree with Redadmiral....yr givin away way tooooo much! y'll be outa pocket
.Free Tans .Gifts .Bags .Cellowrap .Your time running round for the gifts and i bet yl lay on drinks for them tooooo :) add this all up what your going to spend on each freebie Y

you could have one well dressed gift on the counter containing Salon voucher, moisturiser, exfoliating gloves etc, visitors put their name & email address in a tombolla box & one winner pulled out recieves the gift?! theres an air of excitement about who will win, ask a client to pull out the name
Next day email local paper..winner from salon is...hopefully free plug! x

I have to agree with Red too. At the least I'd attempt to cover costs (including time), so that even if no one ends up rebooking you're not in the red. What she said about the type of customer you're attracting is very true--people that are willing to pay later are willing to pay now.

i was going to charge £3.00 for my goodie bags, is that being really tight and a silly idea do you think?

why dont you make your own scrub, make it in bulk and make the jars look pretty only costs pennies to make and its your own brand.

Latest posts

Back