Spray tan removal - advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesley82

Reaction score
I am a new spray tan technician and clients are asking how to remove the tan before the next session. I am suggesting baby oil and exfoliating mitt, but has anyone else got any other ideas that really work? Xxx

How soon do your clients come back for a new tan? Bcoz if they regular spray tanning freaks like myself and I have other clients I only book them twice a month so it lasts 2 weeks about. And gently fades away.
It's not good to over scrub their skin and hurt themselves I done this myself and it's horrible.
I good idea is lie is a hot or warm bath with bath salts and oil. It's great for skin and also u see a tan ring around edge looks quite gross actually , I did this myself last night and worked. Then scrub with a fluffy sponge:)

Beauty at your finger tips!

Some clients are wanting one done every week but had to say no as they weren't getting all of the previous tan off! I had a tan a couple of weeks ago and I've only just about managed to scrub all mine off by smothering my skin in baby oil and then using an exfoliating glove. Clients are asking how to get it off too, so could really do with a quick and easy way - do you think there is one? Xx

I am guessing it helps but naturally as you have also learnt the skin sheds in a cycle so it depends where about that is and so no magical instant fixes.

I have hotel guests book who have old tan on and insist in having new tan even with me suggesting to wait , they too impatient! So I use a lighter must and spray again and it doesn't look that bad unless you look at them a week later then the old tan comes off and new tan leaving the client with their very own personalized leopard print !

Beauty at your finger tips!

I use Black Magic (which I believe has been released in the UK since expo) and they have a tan remover which is a gel you rub on your skin and it is amazing at removing old tan. Prior to that though I would soak in a bath for as long as I could then rub with a tan remover mitt.

Thanks for the advice, I've never heard of black magic before (but I am new to this) so might look it up! There's definitely a gap in the market for this type of product but one that works! Xx

I've been tanning for a few weeks now and get a tan every Sunday. This is me trying to promote my spray tanning!

As someone said above the best way is to have a good soak in the bath and get some exfoliating mitts on and scrub with some shower gel or something. It will come off. Some areas are more stubborn than others, one especially is around the arm pits! I personally do not spray there too much as I know this is a problem area, but my husband who sprays me doesn't take a telling!

But as long as your client nearly gets it all off, it'll still look good!

Thanks for the advice, I think the only way really is oils and exfoliation! Has anyone else got any suggestions? I have heard that sugar and lemon works, has anyone tried it? Xx

I use lemon juice on a pad on the tough areas then a good pair of exfoliating gloves (I have a softer pair to use mid week) I tan every Friday night :D most important thing is the skin should be moisturised, you have to use oil free maybe 1-2 times daily depending on how dry the skin is hth x

Swimming pool.. Chlorine+soaking!! I wore a tan on holiday and it soaked off in a few days. Also sauna/steamroom

Latest posts

Back