Spray tan samples - how do I apply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to look like a bit of an idiot here I'm sure but... how do I test the samples from spray tan company's? I haven't decided which brand to use so therefore don't have the gun or anything?

Unfortunately you arent going to be able to test the spray tan examples properly without a gun, you could try to sponge the solution on but you do need a lot of experience and skill to do that. There are some companies that offer a tan in a can so you can apply it with the aerosol can but you will be limited to only a few. There are also some companies that do fake tan lotions or creams for manual application but not quite what you are looking for if you want to be trialling spray tan companies.

Why not book yourself in with some local technicians or salons and have them do a tan for you. After a few you can then pick your favorite and start from there. Almost all of us start with one comapny and then try others and eventually after some time get to love one more than others finally helping us make the decision but even then it is still a good idea to try others out every so often just in case a newer fabulous product has made it onto the market

Getting samples usually means you have to ring the companies up or order online. Some are free and some arent
hth's

Buy your kit separately.

Guess you may need training as well.

We would recommend the TS50 HVLP with Helia Gun or the TS20. The TS20 will overheat if you're doing back to back tans so not so good if you are doing a tanning party, nothing worse than your machine cutting out half way through a tan and they can take an hour or so to cool down. So you need to be thinking around £130 to £230 for your entry level kit including a spray tent. If you want to go the extraction booth route you will need be thinking of £1500 to £2500. This equipment is for a busy salon environment.

If I was you I would go for a TS50 and tent set up initially and make sure you get a quality solution, look at the price per tan cost and not the cost per litre.

Always go for a product that uses EcoCert DHA. Drop me a PM if you want details of any of the above.

Ok, I'm going to look like a bit of an idiot here I'm sure but... how do I test the samples from spray tan company's? I haven't decided which brand to use so therefore don't have the gun or anything?

assuming you have a system its quiet simples really lol
Even though your samples might be quiet small they will come in a bottle.
Of course if you tip this small amount into your cup there wont be sufficient for the pick up hose to...well pick up so simply remove the lid from the sample bottle...place the bottle in the gun cup and then when you screw back into the gun simply allow the pick up hose to go down into the sample bottle full of solution
Most companies will supply a minimum of 50ml which if you use this method there should be more than sufficient for a full body application

If you dont have a system...well really dont ask for samples as any hand application for a spray tan solution isn't really going to show of the attributes of the product you are testing
Remember samples whilst free to therapists do cost the company sending money so please do use proper equipment to test.

In other words if you dont have a system you are really not ready....
Also if you have a system and haven't been trained how to use it and apply a spray tan properly...well your not ready either

Sorry ...but true :hug:

I agree I don't see how you are going to do this successfully without a gun. You will either have to pay to have some tanning done for yourself which will be costly or pay for the tan in a can as already stated which, again to try will be costly.

If you are committed to offering tanning and it is just the solutions you are needing to choose then why not buy your machine now and choose the solution once you have tried them?:D

Agree all with Aviva ie we use TS50's in our courses and 100% organic Ecocert DHA tan. We also do "tan in a can" if that helps ? xx

I have just had a little peek at your profile and it states that you are a tanning professional, have you trained already? It just seems by your original post that you may not have. I assumed that you may have trained in manual application and was hoping to add spray tan? If not I would recommend you update your profile as it may be misleading.
There are many outstanding training centres out there as well as 1-2-1 trainers who would be more than prepared to offer you the training and equipment required.

I do apologise if you are already qualified and just dont have your kit yet or anymore

Iv got the st tropez verso tan machine. So buy ur booth and then ring the companies u like and ask for samples! U can put any tan in ur gun

Latest posts

Back