Spray Tan Starter Kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieClaire

Reaction score
Hi Guys n Gals,

About to embark on a Spray Tan course and have been researching starter kits and to be honest, I'm not having much luck. :irked:

Can anybody point me in the direction of any they'd recommend that won't break the bank? :o I'm not trying to be a cheap skate but need to be practical with money at the moment. I'm looking to train with either Sienna X or Tantrick.

Look forward to your responses x:hug:x

What won't break the bank is individual to you.

I haven't broken my bank but i have spent a good bit of money and it will be a while before i am into profit.That is because i have invested in a good company with excellent support, good training,good machine ,a pop up tent,an extractor,extra solution,insurance for my daughter (i am already covered in my own business).

If you are starting as a business thinking of mobile there is extra car insurance and everything else that goes with running a legitimate business.

Its a business at the end of the day you have to invest in it properly and then you will hopefully get it all back and more eventually.

I see you trained with creative with your nails think along those same lines.

Do things on the cheap and you risk not getting repeat clients there is always someone else that maybe doing things that bit better.

Think of the sort of service you would want and run it accordingly.

have a look on the tantrick website they have various kits
that wont break the bank, they come complete with liquids etc to get you started

i use creative for my nails, and went with tantrick for my spray tans
my clients expect the best
so thats why i give them!!

I haven't broken my bank but i have spent a good bit of money and it will be a while before i am into profit.That is because i have invested in a good company with excellent support, good training,good machine ,a pop up tent,an extractor,extra solution,insurance for my daughter (i am already covered in my own business).

If you are starting as a business thinking of mobile there is extra car insurance and everything else that goes with running a legitimate business.

Its a business at the end of the day you have to invest in it properly and then you will hopefully get it all back and more eventually.

Do things on the cheap and you risk not getting repeat clients there is always someone else that maybe doing things that bit better.

Excellent advise from Gillian.

I think looking at the bigger picture is a wise move when starting out with any business. Doing things on the cheap or maybe looking for the cheapest options often means doing more than once... twice .. or until we really get what we want so in the end you spend more than you needed to do in the first place. Getting a starter kit, you will usually cover the cost of the kit with the solution that is provided with the kit, so your investment will be returned quite quickly. Often Companies will offer 'deals' with some of their kits too.. for example free training which can save you a fair chunk too.

If you do a search on here there is lots of advise on spray tanning, but please feel free to PM me if you would like any info on costs and training with the Company I train for. :hug:

I am not trying to do this on the cheap whatsoever! I am fully qualified as a Creative Nail Tech (chose Creative as I thought they were the best with the best reputation and best products) and I already have business use on my car insurance (wouldn't dream of working mobile without it)....

BUT....

Seeing as there will be insurance as a Spray Tan Tech, new advertising to pay out for and everything else that goes with it (and there will be lots of other expenditure), I am struggling to pay for a kit that is around £1500 on top of this. It's a lot of money when you don't have it to spare. I only want the best for my clients and would like repeat business so am in no way trying to cut corners...was purely asking for advice on starter kits, that's all.

I have a sensible head on my shoulders, like you say, it's a business at the end of the day!

have a look on the tantrick website they have various kits
that wont break the bank, they come complete with liquids etc to get you started

i use creative for my nails, and went with tantrick for my spray tans
my clients expect the best
so thats why i give them!!

I agree - give clients the best as this is what they expect, and so they should! :)

Thanks for the advice...I'll have another look on the Tantrick site.

x:hug:x

have a look at this kit, its what i have and its grrrreat
Tantrick,Minimist

Oh fab, thanks! Is this the T200 I've read about? Or is it a different one? Sorry I haven't been on a Spray Tan course yet. It looks like the T200 to me, that's all x

Also have a look at couture
They are very reasonably priced but also a respected company. They can also arrange training for you if you need it.

Also have a look at couture
They are very reasonably priced but also a respected company. They can also arrange training for you if you need it.

Thank Debs - just had a look at the site. Do you know how much they training/kit is? If not, I'll give them a call. I appreciate your help! :green:

Thank Debs - just had a look at the site. Do you know how much they training/kit is? If not, I'll give them a call. I appreciate your help! :green:

If you register on their site you will be able to see all of the trade prices. But I'll pm you too!

Sorry Laurieclaire i was using the word 'you' in more of a general term rather than saying you were thinking of doing things on the cheap.

Oh fab, thanks! Is this the T200 I've read about? Or is it a different one? Sorry I haven't been on a Spray Tan course yet. It looks like the T200 to me, that's all x
The T200 (mini mist mobile) from Tantrick comes as a complete package with solution, caps, gloves, disposable thongs, client record cards, info/advertising leaflets and a great holdall to carry or store it all in,
if you charge £25 per tan you need to spray around 23 people to make your money back and this can be achieved very easily be holding a few spray tan parties hth

If you register on their site you will be able to see all of the trade prices. But I'll pm you too!

Thanks Debs! :green: x

The T200 (mini mist mobile) from Tantrick comes as a complete package with solution, caps, gloves, disposable thongs, client record cards, info/advertising leaflets and a great holdall to carry or store it all in,
if you charge £25 per tan you need to spray around 23 people to make your money back and this can be achieved very easily be holding a few spray tan parties hth

Brill - I'll hav another look at the site. Appreciate your input!

Thanks everyone for your help! x:hug:x

I think you will find that almost all spray tan companies can put together a package for you. My advice would be to perhaps try some of the local salons that offer spray tanning, to get an idea of the differant sprays. I know that it would cost money to do this, but it would be great to see colours, how the solution felt, smells etc. I have been spray tanning for 6 yrs now, and have tried countless solutions. Some I loved, some I hated! Going to the beauty shows would also be a good way of seeing what the various companies have to offer. Good luck with it, and research well!

I think you will find that almost all spray tan companies can put together a package for you. My advice would be to perhaps try some of the local salons that offer spray tanning, to get an idea of the differant sprays. I know that it would cost money to do this, but it would be great to see colours, how the solution felt, smells etc. I have been spray tanning for 6 yrs now, and have tried countless solutions. Some I loved, some I hated! Going to the beauty shows would also be a good way of seeing what the various companies have to offer. Good luck with it, and research well!

Yeah good idea! I really wanted to go to the Beauty show but just couldn't get up to Olympia last week because of work. I really really wanted to go as well (and I had my ticket!).

I was thinking about getting tans done at different salons to get an idea of what the colours/smells are like and how long they last but it's all money that I need to put towards my kit if I'm honest :cry: It's such a good way to find what you like though! :eek: Oh well, I'll see what I can do!

I'll keep on researching the market I guess....but so excited to get training (note to self - I must do proper research first to make sure I make the right decision! :wink2:).

Thank you for your help! :green:

Latest posts

Back