Spray Tanning Advice for Newbie!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazmac

Reaction score
Hi there. Myself and a friend are seriously thinking about setting up a small mobile spray tanning service and would really love some advice!!! We have looked at Sienna X and were very happy with their advisors when speaking on the phone but after doing a bit more research have learned that they may be rather expensive compared to other brands. We would like to know abit more about Fake Bake and have also heard some good things about Tantrick.

We would welcome any advice on products, service and start up prices. Anything you can think of really, also where to buy equipment and more about training days etc. Please help!!! xx
:confused::confused::confused: :lol:

Hiya, I wouldn't say that Sienna are expensive for solutions, in fact their solutions are cheaper than a lot of others on the market, you might be able to get the equipment cheaper though... have you done a lot of research?

Have pm'd you as we can't put prices on here :)

Have only really looked into Sienna x and are now just starting to research. We are not looking to set the world on fire (!!!) but want to make sure we are making the right choice! I read on another thread someone paid £250 for their Fake Bake gear and with Sienna x from £425 it seems abit expensive. Obviously FB is a very well known brand also. Whats the general consensus on brands, what do people go for? I had a Sienna x tan on Thursday and have found it has faded alot and needs to be maintained, is this the same for other brands?? I dont want to set up and find my customers are dissatisfied??? CONFUSED???????!!!!

Sienna is a well known brand, maybe not as well known as St Tropez but I have had clients phone me specifically because I use it.

Do the kits from both companies compare like for like? You can buy cheaper kits but they may have less in, although I dont think Sienna are the cheapest around you dont have to buy your kit from them just to use their solution, but it makes sense if you are getting solution included in the kit to go with the one you want to use.

Any tan will fade if you dont follow aftercare properly i.e moisturise daily, pat dry with a towel, no long hot baths etc etc... average is 7 - 10 days but it will fade in a few days if you dont look after it, same with any brand!

my clients think the sienna x is a lovely colour and me and them are very pleased with the results, im getting good feedback with the colour fading gradually and evenly, the solutions dont seem to be any more expensive than other good quality brands, all i would say is if you are doing mobile research your spray gun and dont get one that has too much spray back as the poor clients house will be covered lol even with a pop up tent

sam

Have only really looked into Sienna x and are now just starting to research. We are not looking to set the world on fire (!!!) but want to make sure we are making the right choice! I read on another thread someone paid £250 for their Fake Bake gear and with Sienna x from £425 it seems abit expensive. Obviously FB is a very well known brand also. Whats the general consensus on brands, what do people go for? I had a Sienna x tan on Thursday and have found it has faded alot and needs to be maintained, is this the same for other brands?? I dont want to set up and find my customers are dissatisfied??? CONFUSED???????!!!!

Hi Shaz,
and welcome to SG :hug:
Key in the words spray tan on top right of screen in the search option box...that should give you a wealth of information and keep you busy till Christmas to boot :hug:

Thank you all for your advice!! Still soooo confused though!! Is it worth just getting the equipment and trying a few solutions to see which is best for us??!!! And does anyone have any advice about doing the one day course? Which would you recommend?? Help please!! Demanding arent I??!!!!! Lol xxx

I use tantrick i trained on their day course about 2 months ago. I was really pleased with the course felt confident wen i left and just wanted to get going with it. Dont just go for St Tropez or fake bake etc because they are big names my clients hadnt heard of tantrick when i started i just made sure that i had the tan done so they could see the colour thereselves and i also put it on offer for the first month which encouraged them to try it and also gave me more practice. Also something you need to think about is advertising material tantrick were good with this as they give you free leaflets and posters which saved me money.
I would personally research the brands try and wittle it down to 3-4 tans then see if you can speak to the companies to get a demonstration so you can see the difference between them. You need to make sure you like the colour, keep note of how it lasts (how long / if it goes patchy) price it will cost you per treatment, companys aftercare help etc hope this helps hun

Fake Bake's training was great, and extremely keenly priced. I came away ready to rock 'n' roll with no previous experience, and there was no hard-sell on the day.

Perhaps select your training first, then the equipment, and in the meantime get yourself a little hord of sample solutions to try out once you're trained, then you can make the best informed decision.

If you want a Fake Bake solution sample, just give them a call on 0870 054 4455.

Good luck xx

Fake Bake's training was great, and extremely keenly priced. I came away ready to rock 'n' roll with no previous experience, and there was no hard-sell on the day.

Perhaps select your training first, then the equipment, and in the meantime get yourself a little hord of sample solutions to try out once you're trained, then you can make the best informed decision.

If you want a Fake Bake solution sample, just give them a call on 0870 054 4455.

Good luck xx

Thanks, I have been searching on-line for Fake Bake training but cant locate anywhere!!! Can you advise me please and how much is it?? Cheers xx

ive just started spray tanning and researched solutions on here and chose sienna x then i did 5 clients (friends) at £10 but picked ones that would show it off and are with alot of shop customers etc, im now doing a may special for £15 to get people to try me before anyone else and it seems to be working, the feedback is great and it means i get free advertisement, you cant beat word of mouth.

then i will put up to £20 which is the going price around here but will have lots of happy clients ok to pay that as they know what they are getting.
sam

ive just started spray tanning and researched solutions on here and chose sienna x then i did 5 clients (friends) at £10 but picked ones that would show it off and are with alot of shop customers etc, im now doing a may special for £15 to get people to try me before anyone else and it seems to be working, the feedback is great and it means i get free advertisement, you cant beat word of mouth.

then i will put up to £20 which is the going price around here but will have lots of happy clients ok to pay that as they know what they are getting.
sam
Well done Sam, good for you. Brilliant idea too, word of mouth is always a good way of building up your client base. How long you been doing it and are you getting many bookings? Let me know how you are getting on xx

been doing it for 2 weeks now and have done 5 at £10 and 8 at £15 ive got 6 booked for this week and im getting bookings for holidays in june, there are 6 beauty salons all doing spray tans in a half mile radius but none use sienna x they use solutions ive never heard of and ive heard some horror stories from my clients that have been elsewhere, when i started the nails i found paying for newspaper adverts is a waste of money, so did offers eg recommend me to a friend and get £5 off your next set of nails once they have had theirs done, thats why im doing offers so early on with spray tans and what a fantastic time of year for us tanning newbies to start!!!!

sam

been doing it for 2 weeks now and have done 5 at £10 and 8 at £15 ive got 6 booked for this week and im getting bookings for holidays in june, there are 6 beauty salons all doing spray tans in a half mile radius but none use sienna x they use solutions ive never heard of and ive heard some horror stories from my clients that have been elsewhere, when i started the nails i found paying for newspaper adverts is a waste of money, so did offers eg recommend me to a friend and get £5 off your next set of nails once they have had theirs done, thats why im doing offers so early on with spray tans and what a fantastic time of year for us tanning newbies to start!!!!

sam
Yes yes yes bring it on!! Good luck again xxx

Good luck to you too!!!!

Hiya, I wouldn't say that Sienna are expensive for solutions, in fact their solutions are cheaper than a lot of others on the market, you might be able to get the equipment cheaper though... have you done a lot of research?

Absolutely. We are lucky to get such a fantastic product for such a good price!!! I dont think it's at all expensive :hug: xxx

Thanks to all for your excellent advice!! Still confused but am quickly learning the dos and donts about products etc. Am logging off now but please keep the advice coming in, I will be checking on here again tomorrow!! Thanks again people xxx Very helpful xx Mwah xx :lol:

Thanks, I have been searching on-line for Fake Bake training but cant locate anywhere!!! Can you advise me please and how much is it?? Cheers xx

Hiya, if you call Fake Bake on 0870 054 4455 and press '4' for Training, I'm sure they'd be delighted to help. I believe the training is still £50, but best to call them up to confirm xx

I understand how confusing it is! As everyone will recommend the product they are using!
I am with Couture and they are a lovely product very natural colour and a high class brand. I have been with them 2 years and i am now a couture trainer in the Essex area. But there are many trainers in all different areas. Here is couture's number give them a ring and they will recommend someone to you. With the training they cover everything and with a full accredited certificate. here is their number or feel free to pm me for more details on product pricing etc. 01908 282814

hths x

Latest posts

Back