Spray Tanning Children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbird23

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post and just wanted to get other peoples opinions

I was asked yesterday to do a spray tan for a mum and daughter for a wedding, the daughter is only 11, so I said that I don't spray tan children.

Obviously the mum was put out by this and said that If I don't do both then she didn't want one either. Customer lost.

I was just wondering what everyone else thinks about spray tanning children, this mum stated that she would go to someone else who would, so there are people who will.......Is it just me that won't??

What age would you be happy to spray tan? Only reason I am asking is that I do a lot of prom tans. These girls are 15/16. I would double check your insurance to be certain but if you have the mothers consent I can't see a problem. Although I would ask the mother to be in the room with you whilst you are spraying the child, just for safety

As a one-off special event I would do it with the mother's permission though i'd have a problem if it was a regular thing, only as I think children should be children and not be having adult treatments (i've seen an 11 with acrylic nails and think that's disgusting and wrong!)

Dancers and pageant girls of an even younger age get tans all the time for their events...so I don't think a one off special event tan is too bad, though I would do a very light tan on her..

Hey hun
Theres been a few posts on here recently about tanning children- have a wee search and you'll see others opinions too but first and foremost check if your insurance has set a minimum age for you to be covered to still tan and always go with how you feel- if you feel uncomftable then don't do it.

For me personally I do not tan anyone under the age of 16 no matter if I have parent consent or even if it is for a one of occasion. x

I sprayed a 13 year old the other day for a wedding - she was part of the bridal party and they all got tans, I got her mother to sign her client card and have all aftercare instructions to her and her mother x

As a one-off special event I would do it with the mother's permission though i'd have a problem if it was a regular thing, only as I think children should be children and not be having adult treatments (i've seen an 11 with acrylic nails and think that's disgusting and wrong!)

Dancers and pageant girls of an even younger age get tans all the time for their events...so I don't think a one off special event tan is too bad, though I would do a very light tan on her..

Agree with this post, I have sprayed my daughter she is 12 with a very light tan when I was just starting so I could practice, I wouldn't spray tan her regularly, this was a one off. I have also sprayed my friends daughter for her 13th birthday again just a one off and her mum stayed with me. I would also prefer them to have my product on the skin rather than a cheap pound shop product. I wouldn't let my daughter have acrylic nails till she was at least 16, but she is very hairy to the point where she is embarrassed, so I have waxed her legs and eyebrows. I have a 3 year old and she is natural and stunning and needs no help yet and I would be disgusted if anyone did anything to kids under 12 they dont need it. Saying that she has found a pair of kids craft scissors this morning and cut a few chunks out of her beautiful blonde curly hair!!!!!

Thanks for your comments ladies.

I have no problem with tanning 15/16yr olds. The first person I tanned when I finished my training was my daughter who is 16. It just didn't feel right tanning an 11yr old.

I think I will just stick to what I feel comfortable with.

Thank you again

Latest posts

Back