Spray Tanning - I need a new gun and solution...pls help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjane025

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here, but i have read through a few posts and i have seen how helpful you all are so i am hoping you can help me. :)

I am currently using Sienna x and have their Spray me Gorgeous Bronzer machine. I have had a few people cancel second tans because of the colour and being patchy.

I am now changing solution and i am currently going through the process of spraying anyone i can get my hands on with samples.

I am also thinking about changing my gun to a truespray T200, as i have seen this one spraying less overspray and a nice even finish.

Basically i would just like peoples opinions on what is the best. Also with the solution which is the most popular?

Thanks Sarah-Jane

Hi all,

I'm new here, but i have read through a few posts and i have seen how helpful you all are so i am hoping you can help me. :)

I am currently using Sienna x and have their Spray me Gorgeous Bronzer machine. I have had a few people cancel second tans because of the colour and being patchy.

I am now changing solution and i am currently going through the process of spraying anyone i can get my hands on with samples.

I am also thinking about changing my gun to a truespray T200, as i have seen this one spraying less overspray and a nice even finish.

Basically i would just like peoples opinions on what is the best. Also with the solution which is the most popular?

Thanks Sarah-Jane

Hi Sarah Jane

Welcome to the site!

Firstly, have you cleaned your gun recently? If not, take it to pieces and give it a thorough clean. If it is still not spraying properly, contact your trainer and get them to have a look at it for you.

Secondly, do a search on spray tan solutions and equipment on here and there are loads of posts giving opinions and advice.

After that, ring round a few companies and get some samples. Try them and keep a record of how the solutions perform, then make your choice!

Good luck in whatever you decide to do:hug:

Hi hun I am really suprised that your saying Sienna comes out patchy. I have recently changed from Soglo solution to Sienna and me and my clients are in love with it! The colour is gorgeous.
Are you using the right colour on them?
As Julesgems said i wud take the gun apart and clean it out,if you havent already.
If you could also try and get a sample and spray yourself in it , so you too have experience of what its like,how it fades etc, incase your clients have any questions about it.
If you contact collin on here i'm sure he will send you some Tantrick samples. I cannot comment on the solution yet as i am waiting for my sienna spray tan to come off before i apply the Tantrick. A lot of geeks on here love it and Collin a very nice and helpful guy.
Good luck with it hun, i hope you find one you like xxx

ive also just changed to sienna and me and my clients love it, it smells fab the colour is really natural not at all patchy im agreeing with the others it must be your gun as i have the ultimate gun and none of my clients have complained!!

Hi guys,
if anyone is interested i am selling a tantrick TC3 spraytanning machine, it an excellent machine. i also have a tantrick curved screen.
TC3: £200
Screen: £70

give me a call on 07824336451
I am in the brighton area
thanks kelly x

I agree with the girls below, i have swapped from tantrick to sienna, and me and my clients much prefer it! are you shaking the solution before using it?

Hi hun I am really suprised that your saying Sienna comes out patchy. I have recently changed from Soglo solution to Sienna and me and my clients are in love with it! The colour is gorgeous.

ive also just changed to sienna and me and my clients love it, it smells fab the colour is really natural not at all patchy im agreeing with the others it must be your gun as i have the ultimate gun and none of my clients have complained!!

Last edited:
This problem has absolutely nothing to do with which solution you use. All machines will give patchiness problems if they are not cleaned properly over time.

Sienna will issue you with a step-by-step guide on cleaning, give them a call, I know they will be happy to help. You should have been given this or shown how to do this at your training session????

if you dont have the nozzle round the opposite it way it will go patchy with the bronzer as it doesnt pick up all the solution when you tip it at an angle.

To clean it you just ahve to pump water through thsi one as well, try it and see hwo you get on. if not i have a truespray surplus to requirments that im selling.

hi pm me il send you some free samples of our brand sun shadez thanks x

Hi all,

I'm new here, but i have read through a few posts and i have seen how

helpful you all are so i am hoping you can help me. :)

Thanks Sarah-Jane

Thanks for your replies.

I clean my gun every eveing after use and i am pritty sure its not that.

Someone from Sienna x is coming over thursday to check its not me.

Cant think if i shaked the bottle...would that effect it?

I tried fantasy tan a couple of days ago and i just love the colour and everyone has been saying how nice it is...might take some of that on and use it alongside Sienna x.

fantasytan is nice but quite expensive try urban tan for a fab alternitive i also recommend xen tan xx

I highly recommend Tantrick, samples are available free of charge if you want to try it out

Sarah when you say clean your gun, can you talk us through what you do?? The reason I ask is cos I think we are talking about strippping it and you perhaps mean cleaning.....tell us what you do to clean your gun and am sure we can take it from there hun xxx

Sarah when you say clean your gun, can you talk us through what you do?? The reason I ask is cos I think we are talking about strippping it and you perhaps mean cleaning.....tell us what you do to clean your gun and am sure we can take it from there hun xxx

Sounds like a good plan....switching or adding solutions won't fix things, try talking to your supplier/trainer for advice on colours too.

Cant think if i shaked the bottle...would that effect it?

of course it would!! you need to make sure the solution is thoroughly mixed otherwise you may end up pouring an uneven amount of DHA / guide colour / base solution into your cup!

try stripping the gun down completely, bit by bit, running each part under hot running water, then drying with kitchen roll. give each part a spray of good old WD40, (it works a treat), before putting it all back 2geva.
I have T200 machine & am very happy with it, I use both Tantrick & Suntana solutions. Both will send you free samples so give it a go. Suntana have 3 fragrances, coconut 8%, cherry 10% & chocolate 12%, my clients love it.

Just remember a client must take good care of their tan to get the most out of it, moisturise,moisturise,moisturise.

I clean it after use each evening in that i spray hot water through it. I take it all apart once a week, the front and the pin etc and wash that all through thoroughly.

Probably not shaking the bottle then. Cant really remember if i did or not.

Also i'm not convinced that people are doing what they should before and after the tan, although they are telling me they are.

Thanks Girls

I'll make sure i shake the bottle. Plus the area trainer is coming over thursday to see what i'm up to so i'll have a chat with her too.

Thanks again

I clean it after use each evening in that i spray hot water through it. I take it all apart once a week, the front and the pin etc and wash that all through thoroughly.

Probably not shaking the bottle then. Cant really remember if i did or not.

Also i'm not convinced that people are doing what they should before and after the tan, although they are telling me they are.

Thanks Girls

I'll make sure i shake the bottle. Plus the area trainer is coming over thursday to see what i'm up to so i'll have a chat with her too.

Thanks again

Glad you have found a conclusion of sorts hun, the best thing to do if you suspect your clients are not following correct pre treatment procedures would be to tan somone who you know will deffinitly follow pre treatment (a friend or partner etc) and tan them....see how it comes out....chances are it will come out grand and you will gain confidence in that it wasnt perhaps something you as the therapist were doing. Should it come out patchy then you can start to trouble shoot, look at where its going patchy etc and even post another thread so we can all help again. Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi guys.

Just thought i would update you incase anyone gets the same problem.

My gun was faulty and was spraying and not spraying.

I am up grading to the T200 now.

Thanks for your advice

Sarah-jane

Latest posts

Back