Spray Tanning Left to Right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails2nails

Reaction score
Hello

I have just completed a tanning course and the tutor said we had to spray left to right ...for example if you was going down the arms and legs we spray left to right. Now I thought you was supposed to spray in long sweeping motions of up and down?

How do you do your spraying?

Thank-you :hug:

hi when i was trained with fake bake it was up and down, with another company it was across the way, you will have to change the setting on the gun for the direction you are spraying i was also shown how to spray with an airgun doing a circular motion which i didnt like lol. anyway it is just prefernce tbh xxx

Ah thank-you hun

So just down to a personal choice..I would have though the longer sweeps of spray would be better for coverage reasons and that short left and rights would maybe place too much spray in one area even if you do it quick

But ok thanks again x

some people do both for different areas. practice on friends and do what you feel comfortable with, i also do 2 coats but i dont do heavy layers just so i know i get every bit again not everyone does this lol. you will see what works for you and you will do it without thinking in no time i used to panick at the thought of making someone patchy its all just trial and error just find some loving friends as your gunnie pigs lol xx

yes this is what im worried about,im waiting for my machine to come.
But i don't want the patchy look....lol
Ok I will have to find some friends and do a trail and error on them...god help me lol

Thank hun, you help is very nice x

you will be fine it also gets your friend addicted to spray tan so you build your client base up fast lol good luck x

You need an even amount of solution whether you do it by spraying left to right - up and down or down and up :)
I did my training with Vani-t and have adapted my technique to suit me & still get the job done properly.
HtH
YouTube - ‪Vani-T Liquid Sun‬‎

left to right on arms ? is not the way we train but just because its different does not mean its wrong or that the results will be poor,
An arm is narrow so left to right will probably use more solution without doubt as you will be spraying air as you spray left to right on a limb
If you look at my profile page i have posted some pages from our training manual on the directions and spray pattern we use for arms and hands
our training and technique allows you to get 20 plus tans per litre with the minimum of wastage HTH

Seems strange watching someone else spray. She sprays a lot slower and wetter than I do but only does one coat... I go faster and dryer but do two coats..

Hi steve

This was what I was thinking too..just seems to make sence to spray up and down in some ways because it felt almost like you say ..wasting the solution in the air. Plus it felt like it was taking a long time from the shoulder down to the wrist

Jnail ..Thanks for the video..I guess im just going to have to into routine

Thanks for all your comments, I'll just have to see when my machine comes xx

like everyone says i think its personal preference but if you were spray tanning left to right i would think you would end up spraying excess onto the body etc? x

Seems strange watching someone else spray. She sprays a lot slower and wetter than I do but only does one coat... I go faster and dryer but do two coats..

Hi Jaffacake - the above You Tube video is slowed down so the movements can be seen better. Also, the solution used has intense hydrators so although it looks slightly wet, it actually isn't.

:)

like everyone says i think its personal preference but if you were spray tanning left to right i would think you would end up spraying excess onto the body etc? x

We are vertical creatures so it makes sense to spray up and down. You also waste a stack of product spraying across the body as well. There is a much cleaner finish to the tan when spraying up and down. :)

hey, i got teached to spray up to down and split the body in 3 parts.. you will find the way that is best for you. Making sure you cover all parts of the body.

HEY, i didn't get teached.... i do teach i do. Ask your client before you split their body into 3 parts. Also, consider what is best for your your client, not just you. If you wanna save tan, don't do the back, just pretend - 'Tip of the Day'.

Up to down ??? Is that the same as up & down? Or top to bottom? Which part of the up to down do you pull the trigger?

:)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

HEY, i didn't get teached.... i do teach i do. Ask your client before you split their body into 3 parts. Also, consider what is best for your your client, not just you. If you wanna save tan, don't do the back, just pretend - 'Tip of the Day'.

Up to down ??? Is that the same as up & down? Or top to bottom? Which part of the up to down do you pull the trigger?

You dont spray your clients back?!?! Really?!? Or is that a joke that i'm taking a bit literall?! Lol..if so..sorry :-D x

But yeah spray downwards hun..cant get my head around left to right (or right to left :p) spraying where arms etc are concerned..first time heard of that lol..good luck hun..once you got hang of it you wont even have to think about it :) xx

I'm intrigued by the insistance that you could only spray from Left to Right. Am wondering if this effects the result in any way, for example, if you were naughty and sprayed from Right to Left, would the result be different than Left to Right?

What indeed, if you were left handed, assuming you were taught right handed, and Left to Right felt too awkward. Would this mean that you were not qualified to offer spray tans, being a left handed therapist?

Is it the case, that only Right Handed therapists are allowed to offer treatments, assuming we applied this Left to Right technique? Or, do they have a contingency plan for Left handed therapists who simply cannot spray from Left to Right?

If they give Left handed therapists an exception rule ("oh go on then :rolleyes:, you can spray from Right to Left"), then surely Right handed therapists can also spray from Right to Left, if they choose? The problem being of course, just as it is difficult for Left handed therapists to spray from Left to Right, then Right handed therapists would find it equally as difficult when spraying Right to Left. So, I guess your trainer had a point..... assuming Right handed therapists do find it difficult spraying from Right to Left. :irked:

Fortunately, I can spray with both hands, so the Left to Right, Right to Left rule could be applied, so long as I sprayed Left to Right with my right hand, and Right to Left with my left hand. :eek: God.... Just hope I don't get confused and spray Right to Left with my right hand, and Left to Right with my Left hand.

I tend to agree with most of the comments, Up & Down, or just down..... that way, not matter if you are Left handed or Right handed, you have not got the confusion of dealing with the Left to Right, Right to Left issue, as Up/Down works well for both Left handed and Right handed therapists.

I heard that Left handed people tend to be more intelligent than right handed people. I assume therefore that your trainer was right handed?

I could carry on writing for hours on this one.

Hahahahahaha i totally agree with everything except intelligence being determined by being left or right handed

I spray from top to bottom working from left to right.

Starting with the back will do in 3 sections if they have a bra on and 2 if not. (neck to bra, bottom of bra to knickers, back of legs)

Then do back of arms

Whole side, outside of nearest leg, side of arm, inside of back leg

Front of body, legs, inside of arms, front of arms, hands

Repeat for other side

Face

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back