Spray tanning the wrists.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody has any tips on spray tanning the wrists? My training showed me to go from right to left across the wrist and then up the inside of the arm, but this is leaving too dark of a line across the wrist. And when i just spray down the inside of the arm i seem to be stopping too short of the wrist and there is not enough tan on it.

How do you tan the wrists properly??

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anybody has any tips on spray tanning the wrists? My training showed me to go from right to left across the wrist and then up the inside of the arm, but this is leaving too dark of a line across the wrist. And when i just spray down the inside of the arm i seem to be stopping too short of the wrist and there is not enough tan on it.

How do you tan the wrists properly??

I don't spray the wrists at all when I spray my clients. I spray down the arm from the shoulder in passes and when I reach the wrist area I spray a 'Y' going off each side of the wrist. The little overspray from the pass will be plenty to colour the wrist area without the tanned line. When I finish the whole tan I use a tissue to clean off each nail and then wipe the back of the lower wrist and palms of the hand to make sure there is not any solution on these areas.

Same with the ankles.. when I spray down the leg I spray a 'Y' when reaching the bottom of the shin, saves too much spray getting onto the ankles.

I spray down the arm from the shoulder in passes and when I reach the wrist area I spray a 'Y' going off each side of the wrist.

Same with the ankles.. when I spray down the leg I spray a 'Y' when reaching the bottom of the shin, saves too much spray getting onto the ankles.

Thanks for the quick reply Jen.

What do you mean by from the shoulder in passes?
And How do you mean about spraying in a 'Y'? would you not spray in a V ?
sorry if i seem thick ! :rolleyes:

I spray from shoulder down to wrist but before you reach the wrist pull away, you should get enough fall of spray from the lower arm to coat the wrist without going over the top.

When it comes to feet I do a sort of cross from a little further away ie inside ankle to little toe then outside ankle to big toe - hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the quick reply Jen.

What do you mean by from the shoulder in passes?
And How do you mean about spraying in a 'Y'? would you not spray in a V ?
sorry if i seem thick ! :rolleyes:

Shoulder in passes - sweeping the spray down the arm from shoulder to wrist in a 'pass' (one movement, single spray = one pass) I start spraying at the top of the arm (pressing the trigger on my spray gun and releasing the trigger when I come to the end of the pass at the wrist or what ever part I am spraying.

When I say 'Y' .. its like an upside down 'Y'. As you come down the arm, as I approach the wrist I spray off to one side on the first pass then off to the other side on the 2nd pass. Ummm... I know what I mean lol!!!

Shoulder in passes - sweeping the spray down the arm from shoulder to wrist in a 'pass' (one movement, single spray = one pass) I start spraying at the top of the arm (pressing the trigger on my spray gun and releasing the trigger when I come to the end of the pass at the wrist or what ever part I am spraying.

When I say 'Y' .. its like an upside down 'Y'. As you come down the arm, as I approach the wrist I spray off to one side on the first pass then off to the other side on the 2nd pass. Ummm... I know what I mean lol!!!

Great advice as ever Jen,i was confused aswell im glad you worded it well...LOL

I havent experienced this myself,but will try it in the future,cheers:hug:

Thanks for the advice.

I understand now what you mean Jen.

I found a way today that helped...... I got client to stand with her back to me and got her to put her arms out to wards me, elbows slightly bent and palms facing the floor. It meant that I could spray all the way down the the arm, slightly pulling away when I reached the wrist and with the palms facing floor it meant they didn't get any tan. Client seemed happy too.

Hiya

I spray the way you were shown

Only i pull my spray further away from client...this will give a softer wrist tan

Jenx

Hi There,

I don't spray the forearms (??). With arms facing me, I spray shoulder to inside of elbow (pulling back so as not to be too dark at inside elbow), then spray down the side of the inside of the forearm sweeping across the wrist (left side of arm sweep across to right at wrist, and right side of arm sweek across to left side of wrist) !! this creates just enough overspray.

As for ankles, I have clients do ballerina toes for the front and pull away at both sides.

I know what I mean... kinda !

I do the 'Y' method for the underside of the wrist but have found it also helps to get the client to bend their wrist back at the same time. Hope that makes sense!

hi im just done my training for the spray tanning ,im just abit worried about the hand an feet area as i dont want too much tan going over them i was thinking about the feet i could cover them to save them getting over spray from the body and just go over them when ive done everything else ,the hands i can just do what u did and stop at the wrist area and just let them get the over spray,or should i just stop at the ankle area and just let them get the over spray , i think im thinking to hard aboot it ,its my first paying client in 2 days so i just want it to be a good one :cry:

Latest posts

Back