Spray tanning yourself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
I've recently had my spray tanning training and would really like to wear the tan as often as i can as its important to show potential clients how it will look. Does anyone ever try tanning themselves or is this a logistical nightmare? Do you train up your partners to do it for you? If so any hints and tips? My partner is a bit OCD about things and a perfectionist so i think he will be very good at it if he lets me explain it and show it to him properly and not do it his way! :lol:.
He is going to let me spray tan a leg tomorrow yes just 1 lol! He wants to be able to compare the 2, men eh! So i will talk him through what im doing then maybe get him to practise on me with water. Im mobile so not in a salon where you can tan each other.

thanks all xxx

why dont you spray the bottom half of his body and he can compare with top half? with shorts on he,ll have a tan line he can compare with.

very hard to spray tan yourself, back, back of legs impossible- well it was for me any way. get someone else to do it, show them how you were shown in training and help them whilst there doing. i always go over my arms again just to make sure every where is covered. hth Good Luck! x

thanks hun, I know i said why dont i just do the bottom half to him but no he wants 1 leg, what an oddball lol! xx

I tan myself.
I start on the back of my legs up to bum, then front, sides and inner.
Then base of back, bend forward and to top of back, neck and shoulders, then dips shoulder forward and do one back of shoulder at a time.
Face, chest and tummy finishing with my arms - out straight and then over my head with elbow bent to do the back.
I put a dull length mirror infront of the tent.

I've got a piglet and use either tantrick autumn gold or alist ( which is my new favourite)

oh my god that sounds like hard work hun! I might give it a go though soon, when i dont have to go anywhere for a few days lol
Thanks xx

Ha ha. After the first couple if goes it's easy. :)
the tricky bit is not spraying somewhere and then it touching somewhere else when you're bending around! Ha ha

I did teach my man to do my back bit he doesn't keep the cup level and doesn't move evenly and I yell at him. Best to do it myself to save a row! ;)

I tan myself every week....

Its very tricky at first but when you find a routine that works (like tammy's description) it gets quicker and easier each time.

Wearing a tan is a very good advert for your spray tanning business xx

I haven't mastered spray tanning my back yet, but can do everywhere else. I taught my mum how to do it for me. She's getting pretty good now :) I tried to show my boyfriend how to do it but he had way too much fun and used far too much solution lol so he's sacked for now :lol: x

With my tanning training came 2 places so I got my oh to come so now he can spray me..that was the reason i got him to do it. He jokes now that if i'm ill he can spray my clients and loves his certificate lol!! but its easier with him doing it than doing myself

Latest posts

Back