Spray tans in the name of research!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ladies,

For those of you that stock more than one brand.. to ensure customers get either the 'golden' or 'brown' look that they would normally get with a natural tan...

How does this work? if some said they usually get a golden tan and someone who says their natural tan is brown.. ? Im blonde and go a golden brown naturally? as apposed to a friend was goes very brown brown in the sun??

any advice/feedback would be appreciated

You would need to determine which % and solution is best for you. If you are naturally lighter than your friend then you would need a lower % or you could end up orange. I also choose sienna for a brown colour and Nouvatan for the golden skin tones. Either would be fine as long as you have the correct %. hth

You would need to determine which % and solution is best for you. If you are naturally lighter than your friend then you would need a lower % or you could end up orange. I also choose sienna for a brown colour and Nouvatan for the golden skin tones. Either would be fine as long as you have the correct %. hth

Thank u. At the moment I have so many solutions, I dont know if im coming or going.

I have Sienna, Nouvatan, Crazy Angel and now some LA Tan.

Some are more golden. i.e the Nouvatan and the crazy angel, where as the LA tan seems more browner.

Im struggling to decide on which one to re-stock!

Thank u. At the moment I have so many solutions, I dont know if im coming or going.

I have Sienna, Nouvatan, Crazy Angel and now some LA Tan.

Some are more golden. i.e the Nouvatan and the crazy angel, where as the LA tan seems more browner.

Im struggling to decide on which one to re-stock!

If you have any fussy friends who will give you an honest opinion, try them on them and ask for feedback.

Yes, I have a friend who I am trying my products on, she is a spray tan pro!! I usually put the nouvatan 10% on her for a natural tan or the 12% if she wants it darker for a night out. I have tried the LA Tan 10% on here this weekend, she said she loved the guide, lack of smell etc..but after wash off, she was disappointed. She said that she prefered the colour to nouvatan but felt it was way too light. We are going to try the LA Tan 12% on her this weekend. Could it be that the nouvatan 10% is darker than the lA 10%.. and that maybe the 12% la tan would be more like the nouvatan 10%?? I know that each companys % differ and not every brand will be the same strength wise, even if it is the same % Maybe I just need to find my feet with LA's %'s?

I noticed that LA tan offers tans that are golden, or brown. Would I be right in thinking golden is for fairer people that naturally tan 'golden' and the brown colours would best suit people who go brown brown naturally? AHHH!!!!ARRRR!!!!

I have only trialled the LA tan and although the colour is fab, I also found the wash off didn't suit me. I find with sienna and Nouvatan it is just standard solutions, different % so much easier to chose and work with.

Oh my god, this was exactly what I did on my leg with my samples when I started out LOL. My boyfriend laughed his butt off :green:

great thread ! i have had a break from beauty for a while after having a baby and i am looking at getting back on the horse :D is Nouvatan still as popular ?? it looks like it came top in this test

great thread ! i have had a break from beauty for a while after having a baby and i am looking at getting back on the horse :D is Nouvatan still as popular ?? it looks like it came top in this test

It's definitely still popular but not necessarily a name people recognise. There are so many brands out there now though that it's only a few people who will specifically ask for , say, St Trooez, fake bake or sienna X (I find these are the three main brands people recognise), I also find people remember the 'smelly' brands such as suntana and OMG that smell of cherry, chocolate or strawberry, etc (personally I did not like the colours or fade off), it really is a case of getting some samples and see which one you feel confident in using. I did my research and Nouvatan came out best for natural looking colour and best fade off, but there are still new brands that are becoming popular so it's a case of sampling for yourself as opinions differ. Hth

Latest posts

Back