Spray tans in the name of research!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard because 1 looks a little yellowy, but for your skin tone I think it looks the most natural. 5 and 6 are a nice colour but I feel are a little too dark for your leg, would look a bit ridiculous as an all-over tan I think.

I don't like 2 or especially 3 or 4, they remind me of my bruised legs when I come home after a football match. I'll look like a right muppet now if you come out and say one of those is Fresh Indulgence :p But I don't think so - not the right tone!

I picked one because it suits her best I think. And I actually think 1 could be fresh indulgence. I don't think the others are. :)

i'm in two minds which tan to use, might spray one leg with one tan and one leg with the other tan, then you can rate the colour you prefer, cant wait for results,what a great idea. Anyone else joining in ,with the tan colour comparisons ???? more the merrier.xx:Love:

Ok so the final pics are in, I will add my skin does tan a naturally golden colour not brown.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329209072.497147.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329209197.477259.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329209242.910905.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329209281.579197.jpg

I was originally thinking 1 & 6, but now they've developed, I quite like 5 too.

I like one. I think two looks like a bruise! Quite awful.

Can you tell us what they all are?

1 and 5, but for a 10/12% I'd say number 1.

Please tell us!!! X

Lol, ok. 1. OMG 12%
2. LA Tan 12%
3. Organics 10%
4. Tan dare 10%
5. Nouvatan 12%
6. Sienna X 12%

I have trialled all of these tans, correct before and after care, please do not criticise if I have not found your brand suitable but I aim to be honest and I will say I have found different results on different skins, so one may be suitable for certain types, not so on others. I will also advise trying solutions for yourself and see which you prefer.

I must say 1 and 2 I have found wash off the worst (some residual tan clings to areas such as neck inner top arms etc) LA does give a nice brown colour though and OMG I wouldn't trust the darker shades not to go orange (i started with this tan originally but am phasing it out),organics did give a natural tan but washed off quickly, I didn't like tan dare on my trials (found it tacky for a long time) nouvatan usually comes out a bit lighter than shown in pics and sienna can wash off quite quickly (2-3 washes) but I know I can trust it not to turn orange.

Hth x

Oooo interesting results I must say. I guessed them all wrong haha including my chosen brand!

Oooo interesting results I must say. I guessed them all wrong haha including my chosen brand!

Yeah this shows my other point that tans look different depending on skin types

I have tried la tan and didn't recognise it in your test at all!
My choices without knowing were 1 and the nouvatan
I need to try nouvatan!
Thanks for doing this :)

I will also update when they wash off completely :)

Brilliant!

This is such a great idea, there are so many "which tan?" questions on the forums at the moment.

After washing off, i have to say 2, 3 & 4 hardly look tanned at all.
I really like 5 and 6...i have been deciding between these brands recently, so it's good to know that in an anonymous test those were the ones i liked.
I also think that 1 looks nice for your skin, but i can imagine it might look a bit orangey, if any stronger or all over.

Thanks for doing this xx

What an interesting way of tanning :) love it haha... I have tested alot of tans and do have different brands for different clients which include sienna and omg. Alot of my clients prefer the omg.. I have currently tested Lauren's way from towie (free sample - take advantage) only comes in 8 and 12% but is really nice and natural.. Once I have run out of my omg I might change over to it. Was impressed :) x

picture.php

Before

picture.php

After (Colour Guide)

picture.php

After Showering :)

thats brown bitz in sherbit incase anyone was interested xx

Update: pic after two washesImageUploadedBySalonGeek1329311389.566807.jpg

picture.php

Before

picture.php

After (Colour Guide)

picture.php

After Showering :)

thats brown bitz in sherbit incase anyone was interested xx
Lol, this is why you only get my leg as I Defo don't have the figure do a full bikini shot ;)

Latest posts

Back