St Tropez

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, I had fancied getting St Tropez so I rang them and they sent their rep out. She wanted me to take an extraction booth which cost £4k. It is lovely plus its really compact and can be dismantled really easily. However £4k is a hell of a lot of money and the unit isnt worth it, your paying for the name. Does having the brand make you any busier - enough to warrant spending £4k? I felt a bit pushed to be honest plus with all this recession talk i dont like the thought of having a loan for the next 3 yrs. Must I have their machine to do spray tans? Or do I just need to do a min order? What if i were to buy 1 2nd hand would they still supply me?

hi sarah

i was using st tropez for 5 years and loved it never thought i would use anything else, then i set up on my own early this year and was buying st tropez off ebay a little bit more pricey but i thought that is what i wanted although i couldnt get any promotional material for my salon. then i tried some other brands and have changed to Sienna - X and love it and all my clients that where having st tropez much prefer Sienna the colour is really good (St tropez is orangy) there is no minimum order, the tan lasts longer there is really good retail products and cheaper than st tropez, you also get different % for different skin colours so my fair clients look really natural. so i dont think having the name means anything as long as the cleints are happy with the results

i hope this help i do think st tropez is over rated if you want to ask me anything please feel free thank you

i thought it looks orange too! i dont think its as pop as it used to be. havent tried sienna x yet but i will! thank you so much!
xx

I really dislike the St Tropez tan.. the spray tans aswell as their products that we used to retail.
We had a lot of unhappy clients after a st tropez, saying that is doesnt last etc and after contact with water goes very very streaky.

We are now using something called Sun, i think its great.. the spray tans last twice as long as the st tropez and they look and smell better also..xx

I also found the st tropez rep very pushy and they did not seem interested in the business but just how much they can sell, wether it was appropiate or not. I use sunless solutions spray tan but still use st tropez manual. gives the clients choices . I find this works for us

I use this tan in my place and find that it only suits people who have a colour or someone who is using a sunbed i had to take on another spray tan called he-shi it comes in gold and dark and it works well on any skin tone.

I've been using the St Tropez manual tan for the last 6 years, after having tried many others, and I must say neither my clients or I have had any problems with it.

WOWSERS that is ALOT of money!! ANd your clearly uncertain about it judging by your comments I would therfore strongly advise you not to get this set up!! By all means use St Tropez as a spray tan solution and see how you get on with it but you can set up for as little as £300 these days (tent and machine etc etc) I would want a strong client base before I invested so much in a system to be honest chick

HTH

hi i opened my salon 2 years ago and wanted the st tropez booth. i knew its a product that sells itself. i did buy the booth but could not afford to buy outright. they have a scheme were they pass you to a lease company however i do own my booth at the end off 3 years. having now been trading 2 years its gone so fast and cant believe i've only got 1 year left to pay it. i pay £130 a month which breaks down to doing 2 tans per week. if you think in the height of summer you can be doing many more than this per week. :)

WOWSERS that is ALOT of money!! ANd your clearly uncertain about it judging by your comments I would therfore strongly advise you not to get this set up!! By all means use St Tropez as a spray tan solution and see how you get on with it but you can set up for as little as £300 these days (tent and machine etc etc) I would want a strong client base before I invested so much in a system to be honest chick

HTH

Couldn't agree more

I also found the st tropez rep very pushy and they did not seem interested in the business but just how much they can sell, wether it was appropiate or not. I use sunless solutions spray tan but still use st tropez manual. gives the clients choices . I find this works for us

In my salon we also use a different solution for spray tanning as I believe it to be the best in the business, however we still offer St Tropez manual tanning, as I believe it to be the best in the manual tanning. Also as stated above, it gives the client's the choice

hi i opened my salon 2 years ago and wanted the st tropez booth. i knew its a product that sells itself.

The brand does sell itself, we still have the die hard St Tropez fans who refuse to even try anything else, so we try to accomodate them. However, with so many new solutions on the market I personally don't see St Tropez as a high ranking spray tan solution

hi, i do have a lot of tanning cutomers but i just do them in a wee tent. i thought the booth would look more professional. i can get another booth (not st tropez) for £1500 so you are paying a lot for the name. plus the st tropz is really compact and can be dismantled. it would have been on lease which worked out at about £130 a month. i don't owe a penny and have always paid upfront for stuff. its the thought of paying something of for 3 yrs esp with this whole recession thing. personally i think they are better tans but i really just wanted the name; people know it is a premium brand. god, i really dont know what to do! i think i will just cancel it, waiting on the final docs to come in the post so will just say im not going to bother at the mo.

I have this booth and its great but I do a lot of spray tans. My clients also love st tropez and keep comming back again and again, having tried others tans which they havent liked as much.

I have to say st tropez's customer service is pants though!!!

hi again, the machine i saw at 1500 doesnt have a spray gun so that would be extra so i suppose the st tropez isnt that bad once you add in the stock. its just a lot of extra money. those of you that have it - would you say people actively seek it out? i worked out i need an extra 5 tans awk tht i wouldnt have had otherwise to make it worth my while. rep is coming back tomo imscared!

hi

i had the same trouble. ended up buying one on e bay. prob not this time of year but jan feb . i paid 2k. worth every penny. whether you buy one new or second hand makes no difference will qualify you to open st tropex account. only thing is they have a minimum first order of 600 pound, there is lots retail items supplied and everything you need to start. also included is training. with credit crunch you might find one cheaper. anyway about the nam,e. i have found it has bought me loads business because i think it is by far the best tan on the market. i have just opened a new salon, and have designated one sign above shop to st tropez. hope i have been of some help

how freaky is this! my laptop has been broke for 3 wks, went to salongeek and theres this thread! also, the rep rang me on mon and has managed to get me a 2nd hand one - less than half price! so im happy! im a great believer in fate so this has sealed it!!!

was that me that helped hope so. anyway if not pleased for you ....:)

hi

firstly i have used every tan on market, and i have to say st tropez is most natural if done right. i bought a second hand one. the lucky thing was ...who i bought it of let me order from her to start with. made a huge difference. i have decided one good turn deserves another. anyone who needs any st tropez for their non st tropez machine or st tropez machine let me know i maybe i can help and order for you....i know thats not how they would like to work, but know how with mo ney tight i appreciated that persons help who ordered for me till i got feet on ground..

yes chick it was you!
will let you know how i get on!
x

Latest posts

Back