Starting college in September !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people starting now :) we done wash and blow dry last week and will prob be doing it every day (2 days a week course lol) from now until 11th oct as that's when we have our exam on it :) I never realised just how much there would be to learn about washing and blow drying LOL

Have a look at your local collages re refresher courses as they sometimes offer them, other than that try suppliers as they run re fresher courses too xxx

Hi all, I started last Saturday :)

Its the fast track Diploma level 2 Im doing...I didnt even know! lol, it was descried as VRQ units Level 2, I dunno, all I know is that when we were given the timetable for the year and it involves cutting, perming etc.. so its all good :)

Washing and blowdrying, deep conditioning treatments next week, then one length cuts in 3 weeks, woohoo, cant wait! There are some lovely girls on the course too, which helps too!

We start the cutting programme in 2 weeks; eeeeeek!!

Hi all !
I have experience in hair and beauty and have now decided that i would like to be a fully qualified hairdresser !

i was thinking of doing an apprenticeship , does anyone know if this means i will receive an nvq or ?

i need some advice eek !

x

Thought i would see how everyone is getting on :)

Im enjoying mine sooo much.! We are in the middle of cutting at the moment, and also have our client consultation exams coming up.

So far I have managed to pass 4 assessments, and 1 external paper test with 100%.! :) :)

xXx

Awe glad you are loving it.

I didn't actually do it. My "friend" who I was meant to be going into business with me asked me to wait till next year so we could do it together. I thought it was a great idea.untill she started treating me like a mug :( wanted to use my kits without even given me product costs. Getting her own clients but expecting to use all my things.

I am seriously gutted because I lost my chance to do it this year so nothing is stopping me next year!! X

Loving college too and starting my Barbering Level 2 in March, confidence is building, loving cutting and loving the challenges.

hi guys! i started in september and i absolutely love it!! ... were really hands on; half way through our cutting programme are starting colouring in the new year; we've played around with semis and highlights but start properly in january; so far i have been assessed on my full blowdrying unit and passed all and also my shampoo and conditioning unit is complete and passed all!! all written papers i have also passed!

sorry to blow my own trumpet; im just extremely happy and pround of myself!!

hope everyone else is getting on well xx

Just thought id see how everyone was getting on?

I am absolutely loving it still :)
I have managed to pass all 3 exams so far.! (client consultation, shampoo and condition and health & safety).
Ive also completed 10 practical assessments, and now completely finished my shampoo and conditioning section - all passed :) woohoo.! hehe.!
Almost finished "The art of dressing hair" section too.
We have just started to touch on colouring - and although i can see just how much there is to learn, im soo excited and can not wait to get into it properly :)

How is everyone else doing? still enjoying your courses? Hope so.! lol

xXx

Hi
I too have passed all our theory tests (level 2). As yet, the practical assessments haven't started! We have started working on paying clients though!

Apparently at our college - they leave the practical assessments to the very end as we are more likely to be awarded a merit/distinction?! We have to have two mock assessments on each one too! Bit worried we'll run out of time now but I am guessing they know what they are doing!

We have done cuts, hair ups, colors, sets and perms - the lot! All the practise & theory ready for these client sessions which have now started up! So it sounds a little different from yours...

Goodluck with the rest of your course everyone!

Just thought id see how everyone was getting on?

I am absolutely loving it still :)
I have managed to pass all 3 exams so far.! (client consultation, shampoo and condition and health & safety).
Ive also completed 10 practical assessments, and now completely finished my shampoo and conditioning section - all passed :) woohoo.! hehe.!
Almost finished "The art of dressing hair" section too.
We have just started to touch on colouring - and although i can see just how much there is to learn, im soo excited and can not wait to get into it properly :)

How is everyone else doing? still enjoying your courses? Hope so.! lol

xXx

Ah well done you are doing fab!! I did my level 2 at Fareham college aswell, been qualified 2 years this summer it goes so fast :O
Sounds like you are doing great so if you ever need a model or any questions you have for your coursework just let me know ;) lol

A little bit of advice although not really applicable until next Sept but would be to advertise as much as possible on your second year for models as there is never enough for everyone and near the end of the course alot of girls in our class dropped units as they couldn't get people in so didn't get qualified in perming etc, you can advertise on buy and sell pages on Facebook and gumtree is a good one. All the extra practice will do your confidence wonders :)

Good luck for your next exam

Hi All

Just following this thread and wondered 2 how everyone was getting on? Im starting in Sept (part time evenings) and I CANT wait!!

xx

Latest posts

Back