Steiner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a great opportunity. I used to work with Brad Mullins - Australian super star hairdresser, and he spent a number of years working as a hairdresser on Steiner ships. He used to rave about it and the stories he could tell. It fine tunes your hair ups and blowdrys etc... And speed! I also know a couple of friends who spent seven years on ships and loved it. You'll have to work really hard but your money is tax free and you'll get to travel.

Ahhhhhh I got the job! So happy, so excited should be on board within 4 months! Eeeeek xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

We'll miss you on here!

We'll miss you on here!

So so sooo excited, just got to wait for my start date in the post then I can apply for my US visa! X

That's awesome news! Congrats, hope it all goes well n I'm sure u will love it! X

Well done x you'll be missed on this forum for sure xx hope you have a fabulous big adventure 😊

congratulations Jamie! gonna miss not seeing you on salon geek sharing your words of wisdom and advice on colour! Enjoy! xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You'll have a great time. I did it for 6 years before settling down and having my family.
Steiners work hard and party even harder. You'll see the world and loose a liver in the process, far to many cheap drinks and cabin parties (ops that might have just been my contracts ;)).
Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You'll have a great time. I did it for 6 years before settling down and having my family.
Steiners work hard and party even harder. You'll see the world and loose a liver in the process, far to many cheap drinks and cabin parties (ops that might have just been my contracts ;)).
Good luck x

Which ships did you work on?

Norwegian, Crystal, Carnival, P&O and Regent.
Not all Stiener, I moved away from them after 2 contracts x

Norwegian, Crystal, Carnival, P&O and Regent.
Not all Stiener, I moved away from them after 2 contracts x

Oh so you were on a lot then!
I'm just soooo excited, can't wait for my paperwork to start coming through x

It is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.
My first contract was out in Australia on a small ship visiting all the little islands amazing. I was only in Watford 1 week before I was placed on my ship.
Ship life is not for everyone, things work differently to land. Most Steiner managers are hard core at sales and expect you to bring in good retail revenue. The hours are long and depending on what ship you're on depends on your amount of days off. 7 day cruises were only 1 1/2 days off a week.
Stiener was a good stepping stone for me but there are other companies out there. Have you heard of Canyon Ranch?
They are well worth a look into also x

It is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.
My first contract was out in Australia on a small ship visiting all the little islands amazing. I was only in Watford 1 week before I was placed on my ship.
Ship life is not for everyone, things work differently to land. Most Steiner managers are hard core at sales and expect you to bring in good retail revenue. The hours are long and depending on what ship you're on depends on your amount of days off. 7 day cruises were only 1 1/2 days off a week.
Stiener was a good stepping stone for me but there are other companies out there. Have you heard of Canyon Ranch?
They are well worth a look into also x

Yeah I'm hoping not to be in training to long, just wanna get out there!

No I haven't really just applied for this job and gone with it haha x

Sounds like you're ready for an adventure :)
It's been a good few years since I was on there but if you have any questions ican help with just PM me and I'll answer what I can. Xx

Congrats and best wishes

Well Done Jamie, yayyyyy *jumps up and down like a mad woman* lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well Done Jamie, yayyyyy *jumps up and down like a mad woman* lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hahaha thank you! X

congratulations Jamie!

hope it all goes well! make the most of it, sounds like it will be an adventure!

So so sooo excited, just got to wait for my start date in the post then I can apply for my US visa! X

Just seen this post Now. I was going to say you have to go for it but I'm a bit late off the mark. Congratulations! You'll have an amazing time, what an experience! X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Just seen this post Now. I was going to say you have to go for it but I'm a bit late off the mark. Congratulations! You'll have an amazing time, what an experience! X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks :) yep super excited now, still, had a mad energy rush all week, just waiting for the paper work still :p x

I'm reaching that cruising age Jamie. You never know, you may be doing me a lovely big hair blow dry while recommending some elemis for my ageing skin in the future!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back