Steiner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've applied for a job at Steiner and have an interview on Sunday which I'm super super excited for.

However I've just read some horror stories of people who have worked on the ships saying they are horrible to work for.

I'm so excited about it but I've also had lots of mixed information.

I have been told by some that its a fantastic way to save money. And by others that you don't earn Mich at all!

Hopefully after my interview I will have a clearer view, I'm definitely gonna go for it, because if I don't I will regret not doing it x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks,

I've applied for a job at Steiner and have an interview on Sunday which I'm super super excited for.

However I've just read some horror stories of people who have worked on the ships saying they are horrible to work for.

I'm so excited about it but I've also had lots of mixed information.

I have been told by some that its a fantastic way to save money. And by others that you don't earn Mich at all!

Hopefully after my interview I will have a clearer view, I'm definitely gonna go for it, because if I don't I will regret not doing it x

Ive heard bad stories of cruise ships. But i think its something you have to see for yourself... you are one person you might enjoy it more than other people did. You can always leave.... right? :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

no personal experience but a friend of mine got a job as a hairdresser for them. she told me you would save money as you never get chance to spend it lol, and you will be working all hours not just typical opening hours. they are also very particular about the way you speak to clients, eg, they told her not say 'can i help you' but 'how may i help you today'. aside from that i dont think she had any real issues working there. good luck anyway!

Thanks for your replies, I agree I think I have to see for myself.

It wouldn't be as easy to just quit as a normal job because I'd be half way around the world, or worse in the middle of the ocean haha.

Plus you have to pay out a lot of money for visa's, training, uniforms and other things.

But it's something I've wanted to do for a long time, I'm normally and optimistic person so hopefully it will be a great life experience x

I have heard good and bad but personally it's a chance to see the world . I would definitely go for it you've nothing to lose but experience to gain xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck, Jamie. Wishing you the best :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

My friend went to work on the ships quite a few years ago, she said she would only do one season but ended up staying for three years because she loved it so much!!! Good luck with your interview...xxx

Sent from my D2303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hope you learn more during interview. And I'm sure spa/hair reviews of those who worked different than other shipmates working.

I'm not a cruise person (get seasick) but I've started using a lot of Elemis skincare. Always amazed at the positive reviews because they discovered them on cruises at their spas.

Looks like Steiner is the beauty part of ship. Just looked that up as I didn't know x.

Good luck with it jamie. One bad thing about it is you wont get reception for your phone that often I imagine. I love it when I see you have posted on someones posts as you are always very positive and never have a bad word to say. I can tell you are a very passionate person and if you (when you) get the job you will be very missed on here.

Jamie better keep posting on here! :)

Good luck with it jamie. One bad thing about it is you wont get reception for your phone that often I imagine. I love it when I see you have posted on someones posts as you are always very positive and never have a bad word to say. I can tell you are a very passionate person and if you (when you) get the job you will be very missed on here.

Awwww thank you that's such a sweet thing to say!

I'll have to find a WiFi spot somewhere at see hahahaha x

One of my best friends did it and she said you could save loads of money as long as you didn't drink too much because you have to pay for your alcohol.

A great experience but it wasn't for her so she came home after 6 months instead of 9. It wasn't too hard to leave but she had to pay for her own flight back.

If you're a confident sales person you should do great. Although a hairdresser she had to learn facials too, giving you more retailing options.

Good luck xx

One of my best friends did it and she said you could save loads of money as long as you didn't drink too much because you have to pay for your alcohol.

A great experience but it wasn't for her so she came home after 6 months instead of 9. It wasn't too hard to leave but she had to pay for her own flight back.

If you're a confident sales person you should do great. Although a hairdresser she had to learn facials too, giving you more retailing options.

Good luck xx

I do love my products, and I'm not afraid to recommend them haha. I know that I'm going to be taught how to shave and style beards, and facials like you said. That's exciting in itself! x

I don't often comment on here but about 10years ago I got offered a job with Steiner on the cruise ships but I chickened out a few days before I was due to go to London for training and ive always wish I'd of atleast tried it. I hope you get the job and go for it xxx

I don't often comment on here but about 10years ago I got offered a job with Steiner on the cruise ships but I chickened out a few days before I was due to go to London for training and ive always wish I'd of atleast tried it. I hope you get the job and go for it xxx

Thanks, how old were you when you went for it? I'm 22 now but I'm hearing most people were 19 when they first started, I hope they don't think I'm too old lmao! X

22! That's positively ancient. :eek:

Always seek out opportunities and don't be afraid to try new things.
I don't think anyone ever regrets travelling and exploring new horizons.

Keep us posted. Good luck. :lol:

Last edited:
22! That's positively ancient. :eek:

Always seek out opportunities and don't be afraid to try new things.
I don't think anyone ever regrets travelling and exploring new horizons.

Keep us posted. Good luck. :lol:

:eek: horrifically ancient lol... Best we keep quiet AcidPerm :D lol

Jamie if you do a search for steiner on here you will see a few threads of people who worked for them.

Good luck whatever and wherever your path takes you x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck for your interview. I hope it's what you want :) and you make me feel very old!

:eek: horrifically ancient lol... Best we keep quiet AcidPerm :D lol

Jamie if you do a search for steiner on here you will see a few threads of people who worked for them.

Good luck whatever and wherever your path takes you x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did a search and read through but wanted some more recent opinions :)

Im gonna go for it anyway because if I dont I will always think what if... X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

my best friend is currently 5 months into his first season with them and he's having the time of his life. its hard work, long hours, very little time off, high targets for retail and the pay is shockingly bad...but whilst we are all freezing here he is sunning it in the Caribbean, probably with a cocktail in one hand and cabin boy in the other lol. the way he see's it is that he's had a great opportunity to see the world,make new friends and learn new skills...best of luck with your interview and i wish you well in whatever you decide to do x

Latest posts

Back