Sticky feet..TOO sticky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freya3112

Reaction score
helloo! Has anyone else found a problem with sticky feet being too sticky? My clients find it extremely uncomfortable taking them off because they really do stick to their feet... This must sound a bit silly... and after they are practically taking my carpet home with them! :) They stick to the carpet and their shoes...
Where has everyone else bought there’s from? Any company that i should be looking at...
I have used them and they do tickle and sometimes hurt when you pull them off, and lots of my clients really do not like them, not really sure what to do about them, as i think they are essential
Thank you for any replies :) x

Hello! I get OMG sticky feet from ebay, got like 400 for £20. They aren't amazin but they can't be as yours lol! They stick a little bit underneath but I get the client to step a few times on the spot to get rid of the stickiness. Sometimes they're hard to get off and other times they come off really easily! What ones are you using? xx

I us ethe OMG sticky feet too. I have the individual packs with the sticky feet, disposable knickers and disposable hair nets. They look professional and my clients love them. Will defo buy my disposables from OMG again and would defo recommend them x

I have had this problem with mine too but when I put the barrier cream in feet and ankles I wipe over the underneath of the feet with some of the cream left on my hands. This seems to make them a little less sticky when removing. Maybe give that a go and see if it makes a difference :)

My clients refuse to wear them! Once the tan is complete I clean their feet with a face wipe and dry them off. Never had a problem with tan on their soles.

We have mixed opinions with them! We sell the type you talk of I think - the ones which are sticky all the way underneath. Some people say they love them because they do their job 100%, and there is no danger of them getting slippy (some people say those cheaper cardboard ones can be dangerous if solution gets in under the foot and one of the sticky pads gets damp so comes off - never seen this for myself though)... others say like you that you have to pull them off like wax strips! I'd be interested in what people think of this topic too because it's something we've been wondering about, whether there might be a better design (maybe a compromise between the two?).

I use sticky feet from Sienna X. They are only sticky in 2 bands (one across the ball of the foot the other across the heel) I find that if my clients have dry skin they come off easily but if they're good with moisturising their feet they stick like glue! Lol they do their job well though so no complaints from me or my clients!
Rhiannon x

I no longer use sticky feet as my clients really disliked taking them off.

I tried the sticky all over ones and found them best if you only removed a section accross the ball of the foot and a section accross the heel to limit the amount of the foot actually stuck to it.

I also tried out ones with just sticky for the ball and heel but these didn't stick enough and it was awkward for people with smaller feet to get them to stick at all.

I now just use a clean towel in the bottom of my tent and have no trouble with tanned soles.

we have never liked sticky feet. we dont use or sell them. we put two pieces of kitchen roll on the floor and smear barrier cream over the under and side of the foot. when the client steps from the towel outside the booth onto the kitchen roll it sticks to the feet,and the client can move around the booth safely. the barrier cream also stops tan grabbing to the dry skin on the feet and makes it look a lot more natural.
and two pieces of kitchen roll costs less than a penny :biggrin:

I use the fake bake one they are ridiculously sticky but I don't peel the whole backing paper off, I just fold it back on the toes and the heel so it's not stuck to the whole foot works much better! X

Hi ya,

I bought my sticky feet from LA Tan with my kit and some have said they tickle their feet when removed. After reading some other answers on here I may well just try the kitchen roll with barrier cream and see how that goes before I re-order any more. I want to keep my costs down but not appear to be cutting too many corners, so I'll see how it goes. :)

Shelleyboo - That's a good idea too. I may try something similar ;)

I dont use sticky feet either now, I just use barrier cream and black towels hth

We had some delivered sure they were from fake bake, they were brown foam ones and they are wayyy too sticky as you pull them off they break and leave pieces of foam stuck to the soles of feet! Nightmare! :eek:
We now have white thin paper ones from ellisons, much much better!

we have never liked sticky feet. we dont use or sell them. we put two pieces of kitchen roll on the floor and smear barrier cream over the under and side of the foot. when the client steps from the towel outside the booth onto the kitchen roll it sticks to the feet,and the client can move around the booth safely. the barrier cream also stops tan grabbing to the dry skin on the feet and makes it look a lot more natural.
and two pieces of kitchen roll costs less than a penny :biggrin:

This is what I do atm and my clients ask when I'm going to get the sticky feet in, lol, which just goes to show you can't please em all!

I do find, though, that the kitchen towel blows up around the foot, I'm thinking maybe I'll fold them in half

I use Fake Bake sticky feet and yes you are right they are terribly sticky and when you try and pull them off they break of into bits which is a real pain. Think I will do what someone else suggested and only peel back for the toes and heels.

Latest posts

Back