Sticky Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvs_create

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
I have just finished a set of Shellac Masqurade Manicure (test on my sister) everything has gone well and to detail and every instruction however the Shellac is still sticky. do i need to reb gentle with gel solution or under the lamp longer? i already went over the 2 min cure by a few seconds!

thanks
Rx

Tell us what you are doing step by step. Are u wiping the tacky layer off at the end with your d:sperse. Xxx

Did u use the d.Sperse to remove the sticky inhabition layer at the end. It always ends with this after the gel has cured and u just wipe of with d.sperse and looks fab and shinty

:)You are right, i need to invest in the gel rub off solution. at the moment i have another brand solution which i have just used and the sticky has gone, i will invest.

but FYI
Prep nail ...

BASE COAT cure 10 seconds
2 coats - cure 2 mins between coats
TOP COAT cure 2 mins

THANK YOU DOLLS
xx

Are you using the shellac lamp? It has the timings already set so u wouldn't go over by a few seconds.

Also you need to remove the inhibition layer. Have you done a shellac attack class? If not then its something to consider.

I know everyone else has said this but u need to remove the sticky layer with dspurse! I'm new to shellac but everything I have is CND and mine has turned out perfect! Couldn't be happier x

Hi Ladies
I have just finished a set of Shellac Masqurade Manicure (test on my sister) everything has gone well and to detail and every instruction however the Shellac is still sticky. do i need to reb gentle with gel solution or under the lamp longer? i already went over the 2 min cure by a few seconds!

thanks
Rx

Can I ask if you have done the Shella Attack course. If not, it is well worth the investment. You do of course, need the full range of CND products, including D Sperse. hth

Roo, is there much more to learn from the shellac attack course? I only ask coz I've considered it but can't see how I can learn anymore from it than all the general nail stuff I did I'n my nvq and the tutorials on YouTube. If there is more to learn then I may reconsider. X

Hi,

I found the course useful, but I am quite new to the industry. I think that if you are doing Shellac treatments succesfully, then you may not benefit, but if you are having problems, as RVS is, it is probably advisable to go and learn from scratch. That is just my opinion, but hope it helps.

Roo, is there much more to learn from the shellac attack course? I only ask coz I've considered it but can't see how I can learn anymore from it than all the general nail stuff I did I'n my nvq and the tutorials on YouTube. If there is more to learn then I may reconsider. X

Absolutely yes, there is nothing like being shown in the flesh so to speak, how to get the best out of this system. Being able to ask question there and then and getting a response there and then, you cant do that with a video clip. Video's are great if you already have been shown and just want to refresh your memory. Taking a class means you will get 100% out of your Shellac system and not just 80% and leaving the rest to guess work.
I believe in real life education you just can't beat that, when you ask a video did I do this right, there is just no response lol..... and there is always something more to learn, as I have learned over the years xxxx

:)You are right, i need to invest in the gel rub off solution. at the moment i have another brand solution which i have just used and the sticky has gone, i will invest.

but FYI
Prep nail ...

BASE COAT cure 10 seconds
2 coats - cure 2 mins between coats
TOP COAT cure 2 mins

THANK YOU DOLLS
xx
Hi, just to clarify i don't think it's a gel solution? I use 99% isopropyl alcohol, it's a liquid which is recommended or as others suggested Dsperse. Happy Shellacing!! x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Absolutely yes, there is nothing like being shown in the flesh so to speak, how to get the best out of this system. Being able to ask question there and then and getting a response there and then, you cant do that with a video clip. Video's are great if you already have been shown and just want to refresh your memory. Taking a class means you will get 100% out of your Shellac system and not just 80% and leaving the rest to guess work.
I believe in real life education you just can't beat that, when you ask a video did I do this right, there is just no response lol..... and there is always something more to learn, as I have learned over the years xxxx

I could not agree more! Education is key, in every aspect! IMHO, you can never have enough education and paying for it is never a waste of money. :)

I totally agree 100% too, I was one of those people who thought 'should I do the class, can I afford it?' But I am an education kind of girl and thought I'm not opening and wasting a drop of Shellac until I have an expert show me. I'm sure if you have been an experienced nail tech for years and years you will probably fly with Shellac and step by step instructions and videos without a class.
For me as a newbie and as said above it just sunk in more with a real life tutor and now when I watch Holly's videos for example I think oh yes that makes complete sense. E.g I had wrinkling on my training day and because my tutor was there to help me to sort it out I didn't panick at all when it happened on my practice runs with Fedora. It was worth the money alone for that as imagine if that had been a paid client and I had not known what it was. I think if your at all unsure that answers your question and a class will give you confidence and then your business will fly! :green:
There not designed to rip you off they are there to help you be your best and you soon make it back in a few shellac applications. I went to my class wondering how much I would learn (silly me) and came back completely excited and buzzing with shellac love already, thinking how ace my tutor was.

Think as soon as I come up with any probs I will get myself on a course x

Think as soon as I come up with any probs I will get myself on a course x

I'm thinking, if you take the course, there will be NO problems! :) You will love the Shellac Attack class...it's FAB.

Latest posts

Back