Stiff clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niclynch

Reaction score
Does anyone else have stiff fingered clients who no matter how many times you ask them to relax their fingers they can't!!! 💅

This does my head in! Lol

Does anyone else have stiff fingered clients who no matter how many times you ask them to relax their fingers they can't!!! ��

Yes,it's very common. I tend to stroke the fingers and gently say relax and this usually makes them 'unstiffen'. It's all about being tense sometimes stressed or unrelaxed,most don't even realise they're doing it so just do a gentle reminder as and when needed and don't worry too much about it. I used to be one of the worst for this so I put myself in their shoes and don't take it personally. :biggrin:

I am glad in not the only one who gets them! What a nice way to do it by stroking their hands I do feel like hitting them with the file lol!!!

YEP.x You can't see what your doing When they stick them facing upwards as well. I always ask if they can their nails as i can't lolx I just angle the wrist and elbow. Super floppy arms are a pain too lolxxx

I must say i seem to be one of these clients! :/ i find that when i concentrate too much about relaxing them it just makes it worse & they stick up! Happens every time & i cant help it aha xx

YEP.x You can't see what your doing When they stick them facing upwards as well. I always ask if they can their nails as i can't lolx I just angle the wrist and elbow. Super floppy arms are a pain too lolxxx

I would much prefer a super sloppy arm over stiff fingers facing upwards, but they are both completely annoying. Nearly as much as a client who swaps hands in the lamp half way through a cure! :mad:

Lol! Another annoying habit is when they roll off in the chair sit at a funny angle and just about give you their hand I always make sure the chair is square on to start!! My I have got them on me today lol

Lol! Another annoying habit is when they roll off in the chair sit at a funny angle and just about give you their hand I always make sure the chair is square on to start!! My I have got them on me today lol

I get this a lot too. It's a wonder the enhancements go on straight.:biggrin:

I ask them once to relax but this sort of client doesn't know how. It amazes me how much strength some people have in their fingers and especially thumbs.

And they seem to want to look at the nail THEMSELVES the entire time . . . . . HELLO, if you can see it, it means I can't:irked:

So after a few minutes I just wrestle with them. It's a constant battle though because every time I loosen my grip BOING back it goes. :smack:

Makes your hands ache.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr ..........

Sometimes, I gently lift my client's forearm up so they can drop their hand, and then put it back down. I ask them to take a deep breathe as I lift, and breathe out as I bring their arm down. Some clients I have to stop and do this several times because they do tense up quite a bit. Some people are just full of stress, and some just wanna see what you're doing. :lol:

Oooooo what about the client that continually swooshes and flicks their head to flick their hair !!!!! Good lord I find that a real hard one any advice apart from strapping them in the chair 😜 xx

There's all sorts of annoying habits out there lol I have one client whom I've been doing for 10 yrs plus who is always 15 mins late! What makes her time more important than mine... I always run to time and I end up waiting for her well I just do her super quick and the job doesn't end up being my usual standard lol!!

There's all sorts of annoying habits out there lol I have one client whom I've been doing for 10 yrs plus who is always 15 mins late! What makes her time more important than mine... I always run to time and I end up waiting for her well I just do her super quick and the job doesn't end up being my usual standard lol!!

I have one similar who is always 15 mins early. . . . now I've sussed her out, I just make her appointment 15 minutes later than I actually want her and it's working ok lol

I have a lady who has stiff fingers and was surprised the other day when they went all floppy - I thought yay I won't say anything in case she stiffens up again. The when I took a peek through my fringe I noticed she had dropped off lol !!!!

That's brill perhaps a cup of tea with a sedative will do the trick!! I think early is just as annoying as late lol x

Hmmm i had to change chair because the other one was nice to < lean > back in for some people and the little fingertips were barely gripping the edge of the table, lol the opposite edge from me :rolleyes:

Thats funny. falling asleepxx

I ask them to relax their finger, and if they do it again I gently shake their finger and it makes them realise that they are straightening it. I then say (in the nicest polite tone) "every time you stiffen your finger I'm going to shake it till you relax it". What i really mean is, stiffen you finger again and I'm going to cut it off! It really bugs me, although I only have a couple of clients who do it.

I had a client just the other day who waited until i'd finished prepping, asked for a glass of juice and when i got back to carry on with her enhancements, she was merrily tucking into an apple turnover!! Ermmmm.....greasy fingers, careful prepping down the drain as well as crumbs all over my station!!! Ohhhhh how i laughed!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back