Stiff clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!! I hope you had one for you!! That is amazing some people just haven't got a clue!! Have you had people smooth over their nails putting oils back on them just after you've scrubbed and nail freshed them ready for application! I think after many years of doing nails I have encountered every possible annoying situation there can possibly be!! 😁

Does anyone else have stiff fingered clients who no matter how many times you ask them to relax their fingers they can't!!! ��

Yes! I have a technique that can help with this but I cannot put it into words... if you put your thumb and finger towards the knuckle area of the client and pull down the sides of the finger with a bit of pressure it can help to relax the cleint.... does this make sense? Sorry if it doesnt !

Hi ... Someone recommended this technique to me & it really works! Put a couple of rolled up towels on your workstation & the client puts their elbow on them so their hand is in the air ... Hold their fingers firmly to pull back sidewalls & shellac! It's impossible for client to have much tension in their hand using this method. Try it & see what u think. :D

I've started doing the over hand grip, so instead of holding their finger from my angle with my palm facing upwards, I now grip over their finger so my hand is then facing towards me the same way the clients face - find this works particularly well on annoying, stubborn, stiff thumbs.

It also prevents the client from seeing too much of what your doing so they can't keep peering and lifting their fingers up - unless you have the client I had in today, who actually stood up to see what I was doing, whilst I had this kind of grip on.

I don't think they can help it...I used to get my nails done and I sometimes stiffened up and I didn't mean to!
The thing I find annoying is when they are constantly on the phone, it's really annoying!! And I agree with eating but we don't get people eating at college lol xx

I just simply ask them to relax their fingers for me and they tend to oblige:)
If they do it again, I just say it again and after a while they know what they need to do and keep them relaxed for me.

In regards to mobile phones, I had to put a sign up saying that no mobile usage during appointments is appreciated and most of my clients don't pull their phones out anymore.
Of the few that do (usually new clients) I just nicely point to the sign and ask if they would mind putting it away until the end of the appointment and they always put it away with no troubles.

I really do think I have a lovely bunch of regular clients who are happy to work with my salon rules and I'm lucky to have nice clients like this.

While in school I had a younger girl that could not keep from texting while getting a manicure. :evil:

I promise I'm going to market a shirt that says "just relax" on the front Bc I say it so many times a day. Another one is the 1,000 lb hand. Lol trying to massage their fingers while the hand is firmly pressed down on the table. Lol

My pet hate is touching thier clothes whilst in the middle of shellac, i try to make a joke and say, " I take it you like the textured hairy look"
But so annoying!

Omg I must be so patient I have encountered nearly every annoying thing that people do and only realise when people are saying they are having it done to them!!! I am going to be putting my foot down from Monday lol! I am looking forward to trying some of these new hand holding techniques see if any work for me... As for the mobile phone thing I have recalled a few having full blown conversations which are sounding far from important and I have learned to puy tools down when they take the call and sit there looking at them waiting for them to finish that usually makes them stop Lol. Thankyou for your advice and stories I'm enjoying the giggle xx

I am just starting out as a Nail Tech and after reading lots of 'serious' threads this did make me laugh. At college i thought it was just because we were all stressed trying to please our tutor. Do i really have this happening with regular customers? :) Ohh, i can't wait :)

I am just starting out as a Nail Tech and after reading lots of 'serious' threads this did make me laugh. At college i thought it was just because we were all stressed trying to please our tutor. Do i really have this happening with regular customers? :) Ohh, i can't wait :)

Believe me, you won't be saying that after years of working as a nail tech.

Nothing more annoying than a stiffy! ;)

Just finished with a client who is a complete fidgit and gawd it was driving me nuts. Her nails took twice as long because I had to keep tidying up!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

These are making me laugh! Lol. I have had them all too. The worst is when they sit down then turn the chair to the side to cross their legs and give u their hand at a stupid angle and then not relax but also are doing something like on the phone or texting with the other hand! So frustrating!!!
But i do feel awful as when i do my sisters nails she always tenses them and makes my hands really ache. This has happened for years. It wasnt until she found out she has arthritis that i realised she wasnt doing it on purpose! Lol poor girl!! I dont moan at her anymore i just sit quietly aching haha!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I have a client that cannot get her hand in my CND lamp without bashing her hand and ruining the shellac /gelish. So annoying, er the hole is plenty big surly!!!!

An*Gel you just made me chuckle lol.xx

I did my friend yesterday and I stupidly had Jeremy Kyle on in the back ground and she got caught up in the program with all these women screaming and each other. She had one hand pointing at the telly the hand I was working on was stiff and she kept jerking so I turned it off and held both her hands and explain the treatment again and she was fine after that. My mother is the worst she has a file phobia she never files her nails ( it goes through her)just rips them off with her teeth and she wont budge when I am moving her hands so again I have to sort of hold her hands to turn them to get the right angle.xx

Laughed out loud!

Lol!! I hope you had one for you!! That is amazing some people just haven't got a clue!! Have you had people smooth over their nails putting oils back on them just after you've scrubbed and nail freshed them ready for application! I think after many years of doing nails I have encountered every possible annoying situation there can possibly be!! 😁

My mum does this every time I do her nails...I now just put everything down and say do you want me to do your nails... It usually takes her a minute to realise what she's done then she scrub freshens her self. Lol

I actually just spat my Special K out laughing.

My man is not impressed he's got milk on him haha ;)

Think I have found a cure!! I have got one of the S2 NailPillos - this makes the clients fingers sort of dangle in thin air! I have found it much better than the grey foam wedge that I had before as they would push their fingers into it. I have explained I have bought it for their comfort and they have all said it is very comfortable and it seems to be helping, result!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back