Stilettos with Popits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvanne

Reaction score
I read a lot about Popits and I am wondering if you can also make stilettos with them? Are there people who have actualy done this and have pics?
I am from the Netherlands and we dont have them here jet but after reading all those things I bought them on ebay. Hope they will be here soon so I can try them out. :green:

why can u get poppits on ebay hunxxx

why can u get poppits on ebay hunxxx

Dont understand the question, are you asking me why I buy them or where I bought them?

Dont understand the question, are you asking me why I buy them or where I bought them?

Did u buy the poppits off ebay? Did not realise u could get them from therexxx

Did u buy the poppits off ebay? Did not realise u could get them from therexxx
Yes you can buy them on ebay, the real poppits those from edge and the YS ones

Ah never new that, u can not get the creative one's though can uxxx

Ah never new that, u can not get the creative one's though can uxxx
Unfortunately yes you can BUT you only get a bag of 10, 1 of each size and they work out far more expensive than buying from Sweet Squared,
stick to the official distributor hun you get a much better deal hth

omg, i am in shock, i no sounds dafft but i liked the idea u could only get them from sweet squared as they require your certificates and stuff, next thing jo public will be doing there own :cry:

i think you can do stilletos with them ...but i think you would have to file the free edge after applying the popit and removing it......but you may find that it gets slightly thicker at the point as the popit forms a vertical apex through the middle of the nail. I havent tried it myself....but may have to now o see what they come out like, lol!
xx

you will find its the nail professionals that are selling CND products on e-bay. I liked the idea that you had to train with creative to order the L&P but now you can get it from e-bay! Fortunate for us, Creative training is fantastic and not every e-bay member gets to do it. The industry could be saved!!!

omg, i am in shock, i no sounds dafft but i liked the idea u could only get them from sweet squared as they require your certificates and stuff, next thing jo public will be doing there own :cry:
They may try to do their own but if you have used pop its you will know that in order to get a good result with them you still need to know a good prep procedure and have your mix ratio down to a fine art or all sorts of problems arise,
don't worry hun there is always someone who will have a go but learn the hard and expensive and then they come to us to save them from themselves lol

i don't think it is worth it to do stilettos with pop its. you'll lose a hell of time, better stick to your forms.

I did have training, not with Creative but with Hollywood nails. After my training I was trying out all kind of products and I was very happy with the results I got with Creative. Creative products beeing for sale on Ebay is not always a negative thing. I buy my products from the US and it saves me a lot of money, I think I am paying half the price I would pay at the distributors in my country! I am talking about the liquids and powders.
I agree that it is not a good thing that non trained people are trying out all kind of products but there is no stopping that because even drugstores are selling stuff. If you buy youre products for a very good price you can ask youre customers less so they wont be so eeger (hope that is the correct word) to try doing it them selfs! Could not find a good deal on the Poppits. I did have to buy to buy them on ebay because they are nor for sale in the Netherlands .Because of all the good things said about them on this forum, I wanted to try them out.

I did have training, not with Creative but with Hollywood nails. After my training I was trying out all kind of products and I was very happy with the results I got with Creative. Creative products beeing for sale on Ebay is not always a negative thing. I buy my products from the US and it saves me a lot of money, I think I am paying half the price I would pay at the distributors in my country! I am talking about the liquids and powders. oh my god. tell us where! I mean in a half sarcastic way of course...
do you want to be respected as a nailtech? so why don't you respect your distributors as well?
I agree that it is not a good thing that non trained people are trying out all kind of products but there is no stopping that because even drugstores are selling stuff. If you buy youre products for a very good price you can ask youre customers less so they wont be so eeger (hope that is the correct word) to try doing it them selfs! Could not find a good deal on the Poppits. I did have to buy to buy them on ebay because they are nor for sale in the Netherlands .Because of all the good things said about them on this forum, I wanted to try them out.
i am sure you can buy pop its from sweet squared. if there is no distrib for your country, then why not.

i am sure you can buy pop its from sweet squared. if there is no distrib for your country, then why not.

Not french Doorie, Dutch hahah but thanks anyway I trying realy hard hahaha.

Thanks for telling me that it would take much more time with Poppits to make the stilettos and that forms are more easy. In my training they did not learn me how to make thoose and I still dont get the result I wanted when I try to make them. You see if you want to do something the right way proper training is needed. I just decided to take another traing because I realy want to learn how to make them I think Stilettos are beautiful

Oh and a other thing I do respect my distributors strange thing to say that i am not, just because I wont be a thief of my own wallet!

Oh and a other thing I do respect my distributors strange thing to say that i am not, just because I wont be a thief of my own wallet!
I'll leave it at that on that subject, and will answer to your stiletto quiery instead.

just before, I'll say that PopIts aren't a CND thing, therefore, you may still try S2, just like I will, (tho living in switzerland) for the bucket bag (when I have my credit card)

to sculpt a stiletto...
nail prep...
then take a form, it has to be quite long. unless use the center to elongate the end of your form. you stick the tip of the form to have a cone shape.
then, hum, you have to visualize the line of the "lower arch", it has to make a straight line till the end of your form. (that's the trick)
then you apply your product
then you file (and it's another tricky part)

and you're done.

pinch if you can too, it is always better.

hth's

Like you i wanted to try poppits (dual system forms) & went for the e-bay option as it was a fiver for 100 of them. They came from China & there is no doubt in my mind that most dual system forms are manufactured there & sent to the u.k, most nail products are, its how business's here make money. Common sense really.
I tried them out & liked the result although to be honest my customers prefer gel, its personal choice. I would not condem you for being frugal in using a trial product or where you got it from. E-bay will not just go away no matter how many wish it so. It may well be that one brand is better than another, again personal choice. The one's i used were MX Nails & if i had a customer interested in them i would have no hesitation in using them or ordering them again from the same supplier, i liked the effect they had & i'm in this to make money too.
I'm sorry but ive never tried a stilleto nail as again - personal choice, its not something my customers have requested but i'd be willing to give it a try if there were any interest. Please let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks Doorie, I did that many tomes but they dont look good. It is on the top of the nail (dont know the word in Englisch) that is the problem. Im just going to take a lesson in sculpting stilettos to be sure.

Six thanks a fiver for 100 popits ? I am going to see if I can find them
I will show my first poppit nails here and If I know how to make the Stilettos I will make a pic of that to if they are good looking nails I mean hahah ;)

Last edited:
I dont see why you couldnt do a stilleto in a dual form?! just apply it as you would apply onto a form, so your making the shape as you go along, and then file to refine. maybe a little buffing might be needed to thin the tip, but i reckon it would work.

Latest posts

Back