Strangest reason you have came across as to why a client should get a discount?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. When we told her how price she replied with 'but i only have a small head'. :eek: I didn't laugh..much! Wanting a discount for having a small head-laughable!

well you charge extra if they have long hair so why not?

Some salons have pricing structures for different length hair when colouring. We just have a set price as it all evens out and you are still paying for the stylists time.
I told her the price and that's the price for her regardless of whether she had a small head or not!
I wouldn't charge someone more for a spray tan because they were bigger.
She was just trying to get a discount which she didn't get but it did give us all a good laugh!

a small head - that cracked me up!

Some salons have pricing structures for different length hair when colouring. We just have a set price as it all evens out and you are still paying for the stylists time.
I told her the price and that's the price for her regardless of whether she had a small head or not!
I wouldn't charge someone more for a spray tan because they were bigger.
She was just trying to get a discount which she didn't get but it did give us all a good laugh!

That is funny. I wonder if i should of asked for a discount as when i used to have highlights with a cap, years ago. My hairdresser always had a problem keeping the cap on as my head was so small.
I dont get sprayed tanned. If i did it would be funny if you charged by weight. My weight goes up/down constantly.

I had a young girl phone me up for a Hollywood. I gave the price. She asked for a discount as she had been shaving and her hairs were not that long. I said 'do you go to tesco. Then ask for a discount at the till because the cornflakes are crushed at the bottom so you dont have as many whole cornflakes as you should'. She put the phone down.
I do get alot of men phoning ask if i charge according to hairs they have. One guy got really nasty with me on the phone as my prices are that price regardless of the amount of hair. I told him i dont have time to count the hairs on his pubic area and price per hair accordingly. It would get complicated as i would then have measure the thickness of the hairs and price accordingly. He actually said to me. 'oh. You measure the thickness. My hairs are extremly thin what would the discount be'.
I give up. lol

I had a client call me the other day and ask if i had any special offers on L&P.
I said not at the moment, and then proceeded to tell her my October offers.
She then said ok thanks and ended the phonecall. A short while later, she called back and said, "Do you have special offers on TWO people having L&P Extensions?"
I nearly laughed and said no, I'm afraid not. My prices are already competitive and actually beat most of the salons here so I am not willing to lower them anymore.
She never called back!

Yesterday I had another therapist ring and ask if id do a discount on her gel nails as she only needed one hand done as she cant do her right... People never cease to amaze me.

Latest posts

Back