Streaky tans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
:sad:
rent a room in a salon now i feel like i lost my confidance on my tanning!

i done loads of spray tans but 2 ladys are complaing there tan gone patchey on the day was rain...

i done them last thur they decide to ring on a saturday, they asked for their money back what do i do.. as i cant afford to give it back

Hi there, did you tell them and/or give them an aftercare advice leaflet that they MUST keep the tan dry, no rain, no sweating etc. I would certainly ask them to call in and see you so that you can tell what has actually happened. Its possible they got it wet and it has streaked, in which case it certainly isnt your fault and they're not entitled to a penny back! If you're feeling generous you could offer to respray them free of charge, but you def need to see them in the flesh first before any judgements! xx

If the ladies concerned had called you Friday that would have made more sense, at least you could have asked them to come to the salon so you could have a look.....

Since they didnt and bad press is bad press,I would call them up, apologise for thier dissapointment, then offer them a free tan at a time of thier choice within a set period of time, say 3 months.

At least you've offered and it's better than a refund...Explain you cant refund as you didnt see the result....

Good luck...

I agree that bad press is bad press, but some people will always try it on to see what they can get. I dont offer refunds or free tans because (without sounded big-headed) I know that if something goes wrong with a tan it is not my fault. You give out pre tan advice for a reason-if it is not heeded then the tan will go wrong.

Are you having complaints of uneven tans or streaking?

Do your clients swear they are not wearing any deodorant, lotions or makeup?

A bad spray tan is always your fault - never the clients !!!!

Our Prep Spray will remove oils, makeup, deodorant, sweat residue and the film left by razors or moisturising strips (streaky legs sound familiar?. This is also a very important step for clients with oily skin!!!!!!!

Our prep spray helps with solution beading up during spray tan sessions, and provides optimal penetration of solutions

Approx use per client 1 oz

I think all spray tan therapists should have this!!!!!!!

When it comes to beauty treatments spray tanning is the one you have to get right. Once you have sprayed a customer they are a walking advertisement for your business!!!!!!!! Get it wrong and give a poor finish this could affect your business, word of mouth etc.

So having a great solution, prep spray, disposables, confidence, Maximist HV5008, barrier cream for no doggy orange hands and knees will give great results, therefor repeat and new customers!!!!

Oh you will always get those customers who complain!!!! As long as you are doing everything right, customers are coming back and business is building you have nothing to worry about!!!!

Do not give money back, stay calm and keep the head if they start their rubbish, offer them a free spray tan next time or half price to shut them up!!!!

Most of the time patchy tans are cause by poor preperation befor or after spray tan !!!!!!!

Browngorgeous.com

:lol:

Last edited:

I completely disagree!
To say this means that all clients listen to your advice, which they dont always.
If a client has done exactly what you have told them to do pre tan it WILL turn out fine!

You have misinterpreted that statement!!!

This is what the spray tan customer thinks!!!!!

:lol:

Last edited:
I agree totally with the pre care instructions. i sprayed my child minder the other day and she rang me the next morning to say her spray tan was patchy, so i told her i will look when she picks my daughter up.

i did see her led and it was completely obvious what had happened. she hadn't exfoliated properly. i put pre care on all my leaflets, and give leaflets out to everybody that books in with me. unless i take a booking over the phone, and then i talk them through it.

Because she is my childminder she thought she could lie and i would believe her...... sorry love. i did 13 more spray tans that day and the were all perfect......

i was disheartened too but after ringing 7 of my clients to be told they looked great & then seeing her tan, it was clear it wasnt my fault.

dont let the odd client get u down. when you have returning clients and clients by word of mouth. thats when u know you are PRETTY GOOD:hug:​

Latest posts

Back