Stretch marks...HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyGee

Reaction score
i have put a little bit of weight on over the last year and have recently lost quite abit of it as i am trying to get a bikini bod for my holiday next month, but i have noticed quite alot of dark pink stretch marks on the back of my upper leg, i want to make them as invissible as possible as you can see them when i wear a bikini or short shorts and they are not very attractive and they make me feel uncomfortable as there are quite alot of them. i dont realy want to have to walk round florida wearing long trousers to cover them up. i have tried bio oil but not much has changed.

ANY tips..PLEASE !!!! :irked:

Getting a spray tan or even applying your own tanning lotion would help disguise them! :)

I have heard that bio oil is a help when it comes to stretch marks x

Iv just got stretch marks too :cry: gutting eh!!
I have put weight on since livin with my boyfriend lol.. but i do look and feel better for it but not with the marks ive got from it!! Im using bio-oil and its helpin a bit but if your not in a ritual with it, it stops workin!!
Hope they die down soon!!
Like we girls dont have enough to deal with.. :irked:

retenin A i think its called might be spelled wrong tho and might only be available on presciption helped me with pregnancy marks but only works when the marks are new not when silver ,hope this helps x

hey i used vitamin E cream from superdrug on my scars after surgery and i think this helped! also evened out stech marks.

Iv just started using something called rescue oil, its the same as bio oil but only 1.99!! u can also use this in the bath.

Hope this helps :)

Decleor's Sculpt oil & Stretch Mark Restructuring Cream work fantastically on stretch marks - my clients have had fab results with it. I've also had some success with the CACI on it, but only when they are still pink (I.e. With a blood supply).

i 2nd bio oil... it is amazing... got rid of a couple of scars i had on my back :)

There are foundation type creams that can be bought to cover tattoos blemishes and even scars. Actors quite often use them in movies to hide tattoos , I was toled about it when my son was being teesed for a bithmark , ( he wasn't intersted in it though)

I don't think you can get rid of strech marks but they will fade over time , vit E creams will help , using them regualy all over will help the skins elastisity and might help prevent getting more one in the futuere , ( like pregnancy ect)

I use coco butter 2xs a day now, wish I did that before having the 3 babies though lol :)

My daughter had some stretch marks on the back of her knee. She religiously applied bio oil every day for a few weeks but it didn't make much difference.
She then bought some stuff from avon. It's called solutions stretchmark 24 and they've almost gone! She was very impressed with it.

You need 2 book urself into a salon for a few diamond tome Microdermabrasion sessions while they r still pink hun!!!! It's a great treatment!! Good luck!! Xx

Unfortunately even though i have them everywhere can't say i can recommend a product as i'm too bone idol to find one!

But i can say i know your ment to treat when they're pink e.g with a blood supply!! Was also told the right intake of water a day helps.

Bio-oil won't do anything with stretch marks it can help to assist in the healing of scars but not striae. These are caused through pregnancy or weight gain and the dermis and subcutaneous fat just splits. Nothing can get rid of or improve stretch marks to a great extent but naturally over time they will stop looking purple and become paler over time.

I second coco butter, its brill! As for bio oil, I think it really helps whilst you are preg to stop them coming but not sure if they will do much to rid of them! I have had 4 children and have a few on legs and tummy but I just live with them now, there's no hope for me now lol! I also wished I used coco butter through pregnancy. Xxx

Definitely try and get them sorted why they are pink, As geeks have said, this means they still have a blood supply and can be worked on to virtual invisibility. Once they have gone that whitish /silvery colour you basically have them for life.
Laser treatments if you can afford them are supposed to work well and its not necessarily the product that you rub into your skin, but more the action of massaging the skin. This stimulates your bodies natural response to heal, but using vitamin E is a very good choice of product to accompany the massaging.
You could go on for literally years trying different products that claim they work and to no avail, but go ahead with the massaging and good luck.

Medical needling is reputed to help with them, but I can't vouch for it personally.

I second coco butter, its brill! As for bio oil, I think it really helps whilst you are preg to stop them coming but not sure if they will do much to rid of them! I have had 4 children and have a few on legs and tummy but I just live with them now, there's no hope for me now lol! I also wished I used coco butter through pregnancy. Xxx

I have a lot on my tummy as well, have had 3 kids, but the first was about the size of two put together, and for me there's no hope either, I went to the doctor to talk to him about them, and he likened them to a ladder in tights lol, once the skin has been stretched beyond a certain point and it is slightly dammaged, I was informed it ould never return to the way it was before, they fade over time, but will always be there, just something else us ladies have to put up with:mad: and something else we can moan about to the men he he :hug:

Medical needling is reputed to help with them, but I can't vouch for it personally.

I am treating clients at the moment with dermaroller, two in particular spring to mind, one has older wider stretch marks and nothing has happened to them. The other has stretch marks that are narrower and newer but still haven't gone; merely plumped out. I've tried all sorts on mine and nothing has worked. I'm honest with all my clients and say that there is no real data to say the treatment will work and they may not see a difference but they still try the treatment. If at the end of the trial I have no results I will no longer offer dermaroller as a treatment as I don't want to take money off people for ineffective treatments.

I have silvery-whiteish stretch marks and I have been using TriLASTIN SR on it and it has removed a good load of my stretch marks. You are meant to put the cream on twice a day but I never kept to it, so that would be why some of mine are still visable but going to start and use the cream again to get rid of them completely.

They also do a cream to remove cellulite.

I have silvery-whiteish stretch marks and I have been using TriLASTIN SR on it and it has removed a good load of my stretch marks. You are meant to put the cream on twice a day but I never kept to it, so that would be why some of mine are still visable but going to start and use the cream again to get rid of them completely.

They also do a cream to remove cellulite.

I've had clients use this and it has not worked. Lucky you if it worked, congrats.

Latest posts

Back