Stripping black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_me_2k

Reaction score
What is the safest and most effective colour stripper you have used?

I need to lift black out and then recolour

Thanks

Hi

The best one I've ever used Is by Affrinage, condition of there hair Is fab, I've corrected quite a few with removing colours as dark as 1 and 2

hope this helps
TT

i find terps or white spirit works a treat. let me know how it goes:hug:

terps? as in paint stripper. . that cannot be a serious answer surely?

no...for real... don't be conned into buyin that expensive stuff !!!:lol:

I use affinage colours in my salon and they have a great colour stripper called eraser. It only takes out artificial colour so is much kinder to your hair. If hair is quite dark then you may have to apply it 2 or 3 times. It really is good but i warn you -it stinks!! :green:

i find terps or white spirit works a treat. let me know how it goes:hug:

And the smell lingers forever, hmm nice to smell of it in your hair!!Not!!:lol:

i used a goldwell one, cant remember the name, but like above it literally smelled like a cross between perm lotion and dog doo. . . not good. . . x

I just use what I call a bleach bath, which is a mixture of bleach powder, 30vol peroxide, bit of washing up liquid and a deep cleansing shampoo... Always works for me.. x

i use bleach baths/shampoo's too, but i do...

1 scoop bleach
1 scoop 6% peroxide
1 scoop deep cleansing shampoo (any shampoo works, but i find this works better...)
1 scoop water

ive stripped pink, brown, green out of my hair before with this...

:)

i used a goldwell one, cant remember the name, but like above it literally smelled like a cross between perm lotion and dog doo. . . not good. . . x

Lol x I think you can get choked up with a lot of colour removers
you also need a gas mask with Effassor,
but it is good though ,

but with all colour removers dont be tempted to take them off to soon
as they can go darker again
:hug:

i use bleach baths/shampoo's too, but i do...

1 scoop bleach
1 scoop 6% peroxide
1 scoop deep cleansing shampoo (any shampoo works, but i find this works better...)
1 scoop water

ive stripped pink, brown, green out of my hair before with this...

:)

i have only ever used colour remover never done a bleach bath is it usually done on wet shampooed hair?

Thanksxx

yes, wet shamppoed hair :)

this is a funny thread now actually, i coloured my hair nearly black, and bleached it white blonde again a few weeks ago, thats my lesso learned!

haha! :)

jeez good job!! turps??????????? the mind boggles lol x

tried to delete this post was rong page i wrote in and never knew how to delete it sorry guys

xx

i have used rusk elimin8 (i think thats the name?) and it defiently damages the hair!

a bleach bath is gentler than straight bleach, as it is diluted, :)

yes, wet shamppoed hair :)

this is a funny thread now actually, i coloured my hair nearly black, and bleached it white blonde again a few weeks ago, thats my lesso learned!

haha! :)

Hi , can you tell me if the bleach bath process had as good results as a colour remover , as a colour remover isnt very damaging and normal bleach usually is quite harsh on the hair , is the bleach bath generally quite gentle on the hair ?

Thanks a bunch x

Hi , can you tell me if the bleach bath process had as good results as a colour remover , as a colour remover isnt very damaging and normal bleach usually is quite harsh on the hair , is the bleach bath generally quite gentle on the hair ?

Thanks a bunch x

Hi , I would say that a bleach bath is fine so long as you use a decent bleach
I personally do think there is a difference in economy bleach
and ..... wella coco white granules ect..... but in saying that I am not knocking the economy bleach as I think it has its place and some people like it ,
but personally I think a well controlled bleach like wella coco or blue or another well known good branded make will be a lot kinder
to make a bleach bath with :) minky

Latest posts

Back