Struggling with acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you using a flat brush?
I think the CND 8 is a round brush not entirely flat...... however as this is our first purchase of a brush full stop is it considered to be flat? I know on the net a lot of techs say the flatter the better..... but again its finding the right one for you ..... ill buy the whole range of brushes if need be to find the one we like -).

we did try a small charge but had no offers ... now its free they are flooding in strangely. At least its helping us perfect our technique and we are now having to do some tests on the odour control as its got unbearable and we can't shift it .... so next week is all about working smarter and odour control otherwise the kits are going in the bin -(.

Yes it does smell strong. You can buy special filters but they are expensive. It's just something that you get used to and so long as you have good ventilation in your salon, it shouldn't cause any problems. I've tried odourless systems and they are not as good.

I think the CND 8 is a round brush not entirely flat...... however as this is our first purchase of a brush full stop is it considered to be flat? I know on the net a lot of techs say the flatter the better..... but again its finding the right one for you ..... ill buy the whole range of brushes if need be to find the one we like -).

I think each tech has their own preference but for acrylic I feel that the brush needs a good barrel, though the smaller the barrel the less liquid pick up you'll get. I use a NSI no. 8 round royal precision...best brush on the market in my opinion. Costs about £30.

CND brushes are all round. It's down to personal preference what we work with and prefer. As I said I prefer a flat brush whilst others prefer a round one :)

Def a flat brush!! I have a no 8 flat..and when I changed to it ,life was sooo much easier!! :) I had 3 round ones, 2 x 10 and a 8..but flat was the way forward!

When I started out, I offered a reduction until I got adept. This way I got loads of practice but still got paid. It used to take me 2.5 hours to get it right with a shed load of filing. I can now do a set in 45 mins with barely any filing provided the nails are in good nick with no problems. When you get really good, you don't need to file file file. All your shaping is done with the brush. Filing just tidies it all up.

Thanks Hun!!!

I know that all of these things will come in time, it's just frustrating that one time I'll bang a fairly decent nail and then the very next nail will be like the nails of Quasimodo [emoji85][emoji85] it's very frustrating but I know I just need to persevere and not let my own mind games defeat me xx

I'm looking for a better brush what make is flat ? Also found young nails acrylic really nice to work with x

Have you tried millennium acrylic and brush? I was the same as you and I find it really easy to use x

I've tried different L&P's; naio then the edge and have now got nsi attraction. I really like the NSI and think this will definitely be the product I use from now on. I use the NSI precision brush but feel that sometimes the tip splits during application. I look after the brush and ensure its always clean and stored correctly can anyone suggest why this is happening or recommend a better brush

I get extremely disheartened when I do them, sometimes they turn out ok then other times not so!! Has anyone tried Nail Harmony acrylic?

I have an 8 brush. I struggle to get a decent size bead on the brush....but when I set it on the nail I find the bead is too wet. I don't know how to fix the problem , haven't had this problem before now I can't get it to end [emoji19]

What are the best flat brushes?
I have the nsi size 8 precision brush and it splits I thought it was because I was awful at acrylics when I first started so I pushed down on it and now it's old. Really want a new one!!

Latest posts

Back